Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - BibleLand » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - BibleLand 3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

RE: bl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Matt K
Yeah that Bibleland, what a record....!

bibleland is a frickin' great cd!!!!!

01-21-2008 22:58 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love it too-
its a one take wonder.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-22-2008 13:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wes is my hero.

can i spam this thread, and say i can't wait for HIS new CD, and have offered to pre-order it? Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

01-22-2008 14:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I haven't listened to Bibleland in years. I suppose I better go give it a listen...

01-22-2008 14:29 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

larry (And)

AGREE!
Wes-if its seed money fer ya ..count me in.

I won't be reaping the wind on that harvest!
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

oohh 7 of em- and worth it all mate!

01-22-2008 18:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

you guys are great. the cd sits on the computer....i just need to have it mastered and replicated. it'll wait until i have the money to finish it. both rob watson and i are anxious for it to be out but i am broke. Smile

the good news is i am recording the followup (since studio time costs me nothing) so it may be a doubly good 2008.

and in the meantime i will continue to say bibleland rocks! Pleased

01-22-2008 18:29 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
wes is my hero.

can i spam this thread, and say i can't wait for HIS new CD, and have offered to pre-order it? Big Grin

Make it a double! Pleased

01-22-2008 18:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

does replicate mean
"Create a zip file" ?
Cool

You know what happens when we get bored..
we get RESTLESS!!!!!!!!! Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 01-22-2008 19:48.

01-22-2008 19:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
don't misinterpret my post. i am not trying to stir anything up....but i have a difficult time with what went down (as a fan) and the aftermath of everything....unfortunately being manifest as big dork and his buddies. he deserves better.

as you were.

I would suggest you listen to the song more carefully.

01-23-2008 01:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

hmmmmm
hey wait!

Is someone beating the dead sleeping dog lying in the can of worms?

01-23-2008 14:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

So... Bibleland... I like some of it, some is hard to listen to though, well, as a fan I like almost everything Terry does, but some of it makes me "cringe" as far as seeing it as not very friendly to new listeners, "hard to get" so to speak.

01-23-2008 14:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Are you sick and tired of trying to make an effort to like Terry's music?

Cool

01-23-2008 19:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Will he be in Dallas anytime soon?
01-23-2008 19:28 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

01-23-2008 19:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Bibleland was the first Daniel Amos album I'd ever bought (or did someone give it to me...?), regardless, it had just come out, and I didn't know who they were. I thought it sucked, save for maybe one or two songs. I believe I threw it away. Shocked

At the time I was listening to Randy Stonehill, Keith Green, Lamb (I loved Seer), 2nd Chapter of Acts, Mark Heard... and was just finding out about the 77's & the Lost Dogs (if memory serves; was Bibleland during the first or 2nd Dog's albums? I bought those albums when they came out and loved them--especially LRRH).

When I finally stumbled onto their World Famous Hits cd I fell in love. Tongue However, Bibleland is still my least favorite, though I can appreciate a whole lot more now.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 01-24-2008 08:00.

01-24-2008 06:54 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Like Chicago weather Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In Chicago we have a tired old joke - if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes.

DA's recordings are sort of like that. If one recording is not your speed, try the next one - no guarantee you'll like it, but it would definitely be different.

Unfortunately, it works both ways. When you really like a recording, don't get used to the sound, you just hold your breath and hope you'll like the next one in a different way.

01-24-2008 08:34 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Are you sick and tired of trying to make an effort to like Terry's music?

I'm still waiting to see if DA has a mission statement before I buy ANY of their music (except Shotgun Angel, which sounds like the Eagles, which is why it's so good!)

01-24-2008 09:09 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

RE: Like Chicago weather Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
In Chicago we have a tired old joke - if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes.

Funny, that's the same exact thing we say in northern michigan. Regardless, that is a very good theory and it is one that I myself have used over the years when it comes to music.

In a way, I get kinda happy if I don't like something the first time around because more often than not, when I do come around and understand the album a little more, it usually becomes one of my very favorite albums.
01-24-2008 09:24 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

I have Bibleland on tape. I didn't like it at first, which was pretty much how I felt about all DA until the last few years.

Insert your groan here.

I started with all these bands with "Pray Naked", and then "LRRH", both of which I wore out playing. When a friend and I went to see the Dogs in '96, they didn't have any CD's left at the merch table except DA, which my friend and I quickly refused. We also whined that there were too many "Terry" songs on Green Room Serenade. He, too, wasn't a DA fan. Still really isn't too much.

My, how things have changed. Now, my wife and I are trying to get everything that Terry's ever done. I still love the 7's and the Dogs, too, of course. "Horrendous Disc" is what changed my mind about the whole thing. I dug out my Bibleland tape a couple of years ago, after years of not touching it, and, wouldn't you know it, I love it.

Now if I could only get it (and the rest of the catalog) on CD...

When's that "Darn Floor" reissue coming out? Cool

01-24-2008 09:56 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Hey Wes,
count me in with the other guys here...pre-order or whatever is necessary to get a hold of the new record.
01-24-2008 10:19 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - BibleLand

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH