Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Vox Hunana, Remastered.....??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Hunana, Remastered.....??? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Alarma remasters/Vox Humana Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey I of course was an idiot when the box set came out and didn't snap one up. By the time I went to get it there were no more around, so I would love a new release of all of these albums separately or together, I'm not picky. However Dennis' idea of a WEWH type of thing for VH would be awesome. Of course this is just crazy talk, but a raw live in the studio version of all of the albums would so kick butt I might go into apoplexy at the mere thought...................................just kidding but it would be awesome! I would pay A LOT to get something like that. A new rawkin version of those!!! It wouldn't have to be mega produced just live in the studio. Think about it boyz!

Tongue
02-13-2008 22:24 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased

03-12-2008 20:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am sure Terry would love to.

03-12-2008 20:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I am sure Terry would love to.

That would be great.
Those VH songs sounded fantastic in concert, all raw and stripped down!

Some of their best work is more or less "live in the studio." Happy

03-12-2008 20:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
We also have to deal with the KMG element again no matter what is decided.

More like the KGB....

I'd love to see Vox Humana and Fearful Symmetry re-released, with or without "extras."

I purchased the book set, but (stupidly) loaned the third CD to someone and never got it back. I almost cry when I think about it.... Crying

07-12-2008 05:15 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I'd love to see Vox Humana and Fearful Symmetry re-released, with or without "extras."

VH is now available through the webstore (and this time it's really available, I promise. Cool ). It's a few entrys down on the main "What's New" page, but for some reason hasn't been entered on the "Daniel Amos" page. Anyway, it's only a measly ten bucks for the CD, so you know what to do.
07-12-2008 07:46 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thanks!!! You just made my day! Big Grin

07-12-2008 07:52 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Eagerly anticipating my copy of VH to arrive in the mail.

(That, and Holy Ghost Building!) Smile
07-12-2008 08:23 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
Ceremonial Kernel

Just noticed the title of this thread reads "Vox Hunana..."

So, Voice of a Chinese Province, then? Confused
07-12-2008 08:29 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 07-13-2008 20:53.

07-12-2008 08:31 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

If things go through and Alarma Chronicles CDs get the remaster re-release re re re re (slap) treatment, each single disc should somehow stand alone and yet be able to match up if one chooses to make them a set.

For instance, when New Line Cinema offered the multi-disc versions of each Lord Of The Rings movie, they provided an offer that, with the proof-of-purchases, got you a slipcase to house the three films. Each individual film is in a similarly designed package, but each film has a color to itself: green for Fellowship (for the green of the Hobbit shire), red/brown for the Two Towers (symbolizing both fire and the brown of the woods), and blue for Return Of The King (as in royal blue). An Alarma Chronicles arranged along similar lines would allow folks to buy singles and not feel like they've bought a puzzle piece, yet in fact it can work exactly that way when combined.

Finally, I vote for putting the CD's Chronicles chapter on a data track so that you could read the text on your PC, as well as any liner notes the band would choose to include. A gallery of digital photos from each time period might be peachy too.
07-13-2008 18:17 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I like the way this DwDunphy, Ceremonial Kernel thinks! Pleased

07-13-2008 20:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Is the one available in the store right now the one with the split track? Or is it some other form?

07-18-2008 14:25 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

That split track was fixed.

07-18-2008 14:53 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Any artwork? Confused

07-18-2008 15:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's some artwork:

Ship of Fools

Gotta love Bedard!

07-18-2008 16:38 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

I just gotta say that since I received Vox Humana last week and played it virtually non stop since then, I think it's an AWESOME record. This is my first real venture into 1980's DA.... this is some incredible stuff!

I agree that a remastered Vox Humana would be awesome. The mix, to me, seems a little quiet with the vocals buried in the background. Maybe this was intentional, but sometimes I find myself straining to listen. An acoustic re-recording would be groovy as well.

I can't get enough of Travelogue. What a song... what an album!
07-19-2008 16:58 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
Administrator

I still remember the day I bought the album back in 84. I played it nonstop for weeks in my walkman. Am I dating myself? Wait, I did not have parachute pants on or a Miami Vice jacket.

07-20-2008 11:29 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Any artwork? Confused

Confused

07-22-2008 16:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Vh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know I may have told the story but VH was my first DA experience and I heard it over and over on a bus for a youth group trip. It is still just awesome.
07-23-2008 18:15 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Vox Hunana, Remastered.....???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH