Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy Dates? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom Daddy Dates?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

Zoom Daddy Dates? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey folks,
Anyone know why all the songs on Zoom Daddy are copyrighted as 1988 on the lyrics pages when the album itself came out in 1994?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by anochria: 11-15-2007 21:20.

11-15-2007 21:19 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: Zoom Daddy Dates? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Because, just like the wizard Merlin, Terry Taylor travels through time in reverse, and procrastinated for six years on submitting the lyrics for copyright. This is a bad habit of his - officially, some of his songs were published before he was even born.
11-15-2007 21:38 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought the title of this thread was the worst pick-up line ever.

"Wanna be my zoom daddy date?"

11-16-2007 14:13 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know whom Zoom Daddy dates these days.

I don't think he has any performances scheduled either.

Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-16-2007 14:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Because fun dies whenever it comes near me, the answer to the question is that the date specifies when those songs were published, not necessarily when they were released.

In this case, the dear, departed Alarma Records was stumbling toward their end. Perhaps the album was done but was not in a viable position for release or maybe even the company just didn't have the ability to do so at the time. Not surprisingly since DA/SE has always been plagued by record companies being here today and gone tomorrow (hence, the security of the D.I.Y. setup with Stunt).

Still awake?
DwD
11-16-2007 16:22 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

Uhh, fellas - I'd be more inclined to argue that it's JUST A BLOODY MISTAKE! It is well documented, after all, that the songs on Zoom Daddy were improvised in the studio during rehearsals for the album (in, yes, 1994), with lyrics completed later based (in several instances) on "joke" titles that were thrown back and forth between Terry and Tim.
11-16-2007 20:25 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

"You're no fun anymore."
11-16-2007 20:30 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The Lets Spin stuff was 1988.

Zoom Daddy
Type of Work: Recorded Document
Document Number: V3418D735
Date of Recordation: 1998-07-06
Entire Copyright Document: V3418 D731-736 P1-128
Title: Zoom daddy (Collection only!) By Tim Chandler & David Raven & Terry Scott Taylor.

11-16-2007 21:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy

"You're no fun anymore."

Don't make me send a sentient blancmange after you, Dunphy!
11-16-2007 22:29 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

"Me Brain Hurts"

But seriously, I goofed when I read the original post and thought there was a lapse between 1993 publishing and 1994 CD release for "Zoom Daddy", having glossed straight over the 1988 date entirely.

1988, tellingly, is the year I graduating from high school, illustrating the l;apse of memory and cat gobble fridgerfreighter whix bang dynamo.

For his by Jones? Parentheses!

PgP
11-17-2007 07:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy Dates?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH