Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Illegal Stuff and Downloads » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Illegal Stuff and Downloads 6 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ed kopesky ed kopesky is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 77'sRule!
Well, I'll have to buy it when it comes out in November.

Anyone know if Kalhoun will be put back in print? I don't have that CD, either.

You can get Kalhoun at radrockers.com for $17. Brand new. I ordered it there about a year ago and it's the real deal.
09-13-2008 22:16 ed kopesky is offline Search for Posts by ed kopesky Add ed kopesky to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That ain't a bad price!

09-13-2008 22:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks! Cool
09-13-2008 22:30 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Be very cautious when ordering anything from RadRockers. They did finally remove the fake CDR Vox Humanas not long ago at DA's request, but they still have a lot of counterfeit merch last time I checked.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-14-2008 15:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

As far as RadRockers is concerned, I'm asking the DA fans to please be patient. Support the DFBB reissue as best as you can, show that there is a market for DA's back catalogue and the reissues will happen.

Simple supply and demand. If you show there's a demand once product is available, the labels will offer a supply. They want to sell to you (versus having the product downloaded away from them) and all it takes is a show of support monetarily.
09-14-2008 19:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
ed kopesky ed kopesky is a male
Normal Noggin

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Be very cautious when ordering anything from RadRockers. They did finally remove the fake CDR Vox Humanas not long ago at DA's request, but they still have a lot of counterfeit merch last time I checked.

Yeah, sorry if that plug was out of line...I wasn't suggesting people go to radrockers regularly (though I've had good luck there)., it's more that I did buy Kalhoun about a year ago and it was the real thing. And, having never heard it before then, I loved it and wanted someone else to be able to share that enjoyment. I've never purchased a CD-R from there. From my experience, if it's a CD-R being sold there, it says it's a CD-R (not saying it's right, just saying they're not hiding the fact). And, no, DFBB is not available there in any form. If it was, I would not have directed anybody there.

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
As far as RadRockers is concerned, I'm asking the DA fans to please be patient. Support the DFBB reissue as best as you can, show that there is a market for DA's back catalogue and the reissues will happen.

I understand your desire to see all these reissues happen, but I don't think it makes sense to not buy reasonably-priced, unopened, original CD copies of certain releases because you're hoping they'll be re-released sometime in the future. If anything, that'll only delay any re-release. That supply needs to be exhausted to make a re-release necessary. If original CD copies of DFBB were sitting around, I doubt there'd be a re-release happening.
09-24-2008 12:27 ed kopesky is offline Search for Posts by ed kopesky Add ed kopesky to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
[i]Originally posted by ed kopesky

I understand your desire to see all these reissues happen, but I don't think it makes sense to not buy reasonably-priced, unopened, original CD copies of certain releases because you're hoping they'll be re-released sometime in the future. If anything, that'll only delay any re-release. That supply needs to be exhausted to make a re-release necessary. If original CD copies of DFBB were sitting around, I doubt there'd be a re-release happening.

Understood. I'm more concerned that RadRockers may attempt to sell dupes disguised as originals. Sure, it's tempting to grab up that long sought copy of "Fearful Symmetry" but the company has kind of tarnished their image with the "Vox Humana" debacle. More often, you see these CDs popping up on EBay at ridiculous prices. Why are the RR prices so affordable?

Just something to think about.
09-24-2008 15:48 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Yeah, but Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've seen Radrockers in the merch tents at Cornerstone, and I've never seen them try to sell CD-R's, but maybe that's because Terry and friends aren't too far away...

09-24-2008 22:15 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

Yeah, and they were definitely aware of Terry's presence this year... Big Grin

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-25-2008 00:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Another thing to remember about RadRockers - their primary stock is aftermarket, meaning they get a lot of a titles by buying the stuff of small CBS's that shut down. To say that a reissue can't happen until that stock has dissipated doesn't hold water because the label, in most cases, doesn't exist anymore and neither does the store that consigned them in the first place.

It's not to say that if there's a fresh copy of Kalhoun out there, that is the real deal, that you shouldn't buy it. Just know that the infrastructure to make that sale count has long since passed.

But I cannot stress enough that sales of the DFBB reissue ABSOLUTELY count. If the sales are strong, the impetus to continue re-releases are that much greater.
09-25-2008 05:31 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:

I have ordered a number of things from Rad Rockers and have yet to get anything that appeared questionable in terms of being counterfeit. That is where I got my cassette copy of DFBB some time ago that I converted to MP3.

One of the last things I got from them was a whole bunch of Mark Heard cassettes that were very cheap that I have yet to convert to MP3.

I sure would order from them again.

you can still get some DA, 77s, lost dogs, etc. stuff there at great prices! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-15-2008 08:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:

sounds like one of those.."you had to be there moments"?

10-15-2008 09:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

I have ordered a number of things from Rad Rockers and have yet to get anything that appeared questionable in terms of being counterfeit. That is where I got my cassette copy of DFBB some time ago that I converted to MP3.

One of the last things I got from them was a whole bunch of Mark Heard cassettes that were very cheap that I have yet to convert to MP3.

you can still get some DA, 77s, lost dogs, etc. stuff there at great prices! Pleased

Cassettes are always safe. With CDs however - you can no longer always be sure its not a total ripoff. Personally, I don't think I would order anything from them as long as they have ties to the person thats counterfeiting all of this stuff... I don't want any of my money going to that person - even indirectly.

10-15-2008 10:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:

sounds like one of those.."you had to be there moments"?

The counterfeit Vox Humana situation came to a near-conclusion at the fest. Thats all I meant.

10-15-2008 10:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

were the VH rips advertized as CDRS?
(or as questionable in some way?- in the catalogue?)
I thought i read that.

yea cassettes are probably still around as original..

Ive heard of those Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-15-2008 10:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes and no. Originally, I don't think it said anything - but eventually, they were listed as CDRs. The description however always gave a misleading story about CDs leftover in a warehouse or some rogue "Refuge" employees or some nonsense like that. All of that was bogus. They were being churned out by an old bootlegger in the cheapest possible quality and sold through a few different sources. We started getting a bunch of emails from fans that were horrified to receive these in the mail from RR or from Ebay. Unfortunately, many titles are still being counterfeited (with similar - but different - stories in the descriptions).. in some cases, titles that never existed in any form legitimately. Hopefully those artists will eventually be able to stop it.

This wasn't entirely a surprise however.. it had been talked about by the parties involved years ago.

10-15-2008 10:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

I might also add that we don't plan to sell them any of our titles as long as they're connected to this person and this behavior.

10-15-2008 10:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

thx for that-
I think in some circles thats called.

business.

thankfully not in all Cool

Viva LA Webstore (at least ya know!)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-15-2008 11:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

Cassettes are always safe. With CDs however - you can no longer always be sure its not a total ripoff. Personally, I don't think I would order anything from them as long as they have ties to the person thats counterfeiting all of this stuff... I don't want any of my money going to that person - even
indirectly.

the last stuff I got included a lot of CDs too, no problems.

the VH situation is unfortunate and i'm glad it sounds like it is almost resolved.

i think if it was a widespread thing i would have gotten at least one counterfeit with the stuff i ordered.

and hey - they still have a lot of stuff you can't get from the guys directly.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-15-2008 12:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Unfortunately, the VH situation is only one title out of many. There are a lot of counterfeit titles available from them... but its not always clear on the order page.

Its true that they have some things that are not currently available from the guys - but some of that money is still going back to fund the sleeze thats counterfeiting this stuff. I have a hard time imaging that many fans would want to support that kind of behavior... Especially any fan that knows who the person is (and I know many do).

Some of these titles are CDs full of material that has never been available legitimately and the artists themselves are completely against being available at all. Fans of most artists would be against someone (other than the artist) making money off of a unauthorized live tape of their favorite artist. This is really no different in those cases... its not simply making something thats out of print available again.. its 100% stealing, and 100% against the artists wishes.

10-15-2008 13:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Illegal Stuff and Downloads

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH