Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Illegal Stuff and Downloads » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Illegal Stuff and Downloads 6 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-261.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Posts: 7,074
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!


Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )


if you really wanna hear dennis' good taste in music check out uncle ralph's jam grooves! Shocked Tongue Crying Happy Pleased

__________________
facebook

Cool
10-05-2007 11:37 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002
Posts: 13,300
Location: In not-quite earth, in not-quite heaven.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!


Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )


if you really wanna hear dennis' good taste in music check out uncle ralph's jam grooves! Shocked Tongue Crying Happy Pleased


Hey, do you think you could burn me another copy of the Groove Jams cd?
I don't have my copy amymore. Shocked Crying Shocked

__________________
I'm talkin' bout the Vinyl , the Holy Vinyl.
10-05-2007 15:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-261.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Posts: 7,074
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!


Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )


if you really wanna hear dennis' good taste in music check out uncle ralph's jam grooves! Shocked Tongue Crying Happy Pleased


Hey, do you think you could burn me another copy of the Groove Jams cd?
I don't have my copy amymore. Shocked Crying Shocked


sure... but you'll have to pm me where to send it....... Cool

__________________
facebook

Cool
10-05-2007 15:46 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002
Posts: 13,300
Location: In not-quite earth, in not-quite heaven.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!


Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )


if you really wanna hear dennis' good taste in music check out uncle ralph's jam grooves! Shocked Tongue Crying Happy Pleased


Hey, do you think you could burn me another copy of the Groove Jams cd?
I don't have my copy amymore. Shocked Crying Shocked


sure... but you'll have to pm me where to send it....... Cool


check your PMs! Pleased

__________________
I'm talkin' bout the Vinyl , the Holy Vinyl.
10-09-2007 12:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-261.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Posts: 7,074
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!


Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )


if you really wanna hear dennis' good taste in music check out uncle ralph's jam grooves! Shocked Tongue Crying Happy Pleased


Hey, do you think you could burn me another copy of the Groove Jams cd?
I don't have my copy amymore. Shocked Crying Shocked


sure... but you'll have to pm me where to send it....... Cool


check your PMs! Pleased


my wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant... so hasn't been any of that for a while.... Tongue
oh, and i did get your private message, doc.... Pleased

__________________
facebook

Cool
10-09-2007 12:35 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002
Posts: 13,300
Location: In not-quite earth, in not-quite heaven.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Congrats dude! Cool

__________________
I'm talkin' bout the Vinyl , the Holy Vinyl.
10-09-2007 13:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-261.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Posts: 7,074
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks! Happy

__________________
facebook

Cool
10-09-2007 13:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale


Registration Date: 11-16-2002
Posts: 9,494

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased [/quote]

my wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant... so hasn't been any of that for a while.... Tongue
oh, and i did get your private message, doc.... Pleased [/quote]



what??
cool !

__________________
jiMinY


theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-24-2007 12:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002
Posts: 9,986
Location: Hoverkrafti im është plot me ngjala.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by George
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Hey there George, you live in St Paul too eh?

There are a few of us around the Twin Cities area who post here.


Have you been to any local DA, Lost Dogs, Mike Roe/77s concerts and the like?? Confused



Well-I saw Terry solo at a cafe in Falcon Heights? in about 2001 or so, I believe. Before that--I recall seeing DA 1 night in Mpls and then the Swirling Eddies the next night at the same small venue in 1992, I believe. That was unbelievable!


The Living Room.
I was at that show. Pretend I'm Elvis with Phil Maderia, right?
That was a great show. Pleased
That was the first time I ever saw Terry live.

I was living in Chicago and missed the DA/Swirling Eddies concerts.
Frown

__________________

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 06-08-2008 23:08.

06-08-2008 23:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale


Registration Date: 11-16-2002
Posts: 9,494

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by George
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Hey there George, you live in St Paul too eh?

There are a few of us around the Twin Cities area who post here.


Have you been to any local DA, Lost Dogs, Mike Roe/77s concerts and the like?? Confused



Well-I saw Terry solo at a cafe in Falcon Heights? in about 2001 or so, I believe. Before that--I recall seeing DA 1 night in Mpls and then the Swirling Eddies the next night at the same small venue in 1992, I believe. That was unbelievable!


The Living Room.
I was at that show. Pretend I'm Elvis with Phil Maderia, right?
That was a great show. Pleased
That was the first time I ever saw Terry live.

I was living in Chicago and missed the DA/Swirling Eddies concerts.
Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

LIVING ROOM CAFE- actually it was Monday Nov 6th 2000.
(the blessed coffee in town..place is closed- and I think even the building is gone)
I KNOW the date bcuz after the show the boy and I got in the car and listenened to the Viking /Packer Monday Night game (it went into OT- and we caught that) plus the next day was one of the biggest political fiascos..the 2000 "recount" election started.
- my first time seeing Terry too!

__________________
jiMinY


theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-09-2008 09:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007
Posts: 71
Location: where the wind hits heavy on the borderline

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

The Living Room.
I was at that show. Pretend I'm Elvis with Phil Maderia, right?
That was a great show. Pleased
That was the first time I ever saw Terry live.

I was living in Chicago and missed the DA/Swirling Eddies concerts.
Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

LIVING ROOM CAFE- actually it was Monday Nov 6th 2000.
(the blessed coffee in town..place is closed- and I think even the building is gone)
I KNOW the date bcuz after the show the boy and I got in the car and listenened to the Viking /Packer Monday Night game (it went into OT- and we caught that) plus the next day was one of the biggest political fiascos..the 2000 "recount" election started.
- my first time seeing Terry too![/quote]

YEAH--that's the one. 2000. Must have been less than 100 there--can't quite recall. Great time, though! Speaking of the recount election business--I now remember Terry saying something like--I am paraphrasing--"we're kidding ourselves if we think that picking Gore over Bush or Bush over Gore was going to make any real difference."
06-09-2008 15:39 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel


images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003
Posts: 1,512
Location: on a throne of course

Question No paraphrase NeeDeD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Commander Cote can quote....

at least that's the rumor... I have not heard it.

I just remember the espresso machine in my left ear going off every 2 mins... Mad

and some guy singing along to every song in my right ear... Tongue

GooD TiMeS Cool

__________________
I'm back in the sea... Dodo/Lurker ~ My MySpace


06-09-2008 15:46 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002
Posts: 9,986
Location: Hoverkrafti im është plot me ngjala.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by George
I now remember Terry saying something like--I am paraphrasing--"we're kidding ourselves if we think that picking Gore over Bush or Bush over Gore was going to make any real difference."


Yup. I remember that.

__________________

06-09-2008 20:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto


images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Posts: 3,396
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i think it's two things:

one is the flow of information from a label to it's audience.

the other is the audiences expectation of what they "hope" the label means.


at least that's how i see it.


I do agree with that. I know we've experienced that on my occasions. Even something as vague as "coming soon" gets translated to a week in some peoples minds.



plus with daniel amos there's an added extra dimension, most of us are "old timers" and back in the day (before internet) we had little info about things in the works....and then one day there would be something. now there's more info and with the info is the expectation factor that gets ramped up to 11.

of course all of this is very general.....cause every situation is different, but that's my 2 cents. Pleased

__________________
"Exorcising Ghosts"
08-28-2008 16:57 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002
Posts: 9,986
Location: Hoverkrafti im është plot me ngjala.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
plus with daniel amos there's an added extra dimension, most of us are "old timers" and back in the day (before internet) we had little info about things in the works....and then one day there would be something. now there's more info and with the info is the expectation factor that gets ramped up to 11.


True, you would know DA had a new album when you walked into the store and found it there for sale!

__________________

08-29-2008 05:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002
Posts: 5,221
Location: Central Ontario Canada

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ach, you were lucky to have a store, laddy, I had to go into a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway!

__________________
The opinion expressed is that of the participant and does not necessarily reflect that of Mr Dan Amos. But if it doesn't, he would be wrong.
08-29-2008 09:32 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk


images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002
Posts: 512

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
True, you would know DA had a new album when you walked into the store and found it there for sale!


And, you could buy four Christian cassettes and get that new DA album for free!

I always had a hard time finding four that I liked (I would take at least a year), and then I'd lost the coupons by that time. I wonder how many people actually got a free cassette?

BTW, I think this is how I ended up with an X-Sinner tape. I had three coupons, and boy, did I want that free tape. Obviously, I wasn't even thrilled about the X-Sinner tape, so I had no idea what I would be choosing for free!

__________________

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 08-29-2008 10:57.

08-29-2008 10:53 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel


images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007
Posts: 1,165
Location: Glendale, CA

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
ach, you were lucky to have a store, laddy, I had to go into a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway!

You were lucky. I shopped for records in a brown paper bag in a septic tank, and when I got to the checkout counter, the clerk would slice me in two with a bread knife.
08-29-2008 17:52 wakachiwaka is online Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth


images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002
Posts: 5,221
Location: Central Ontario Canada

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a bread knife? we would have died for a bread knife! we had to cut our selves in half with broken broom handles, and clean up the floor too.














and ignore the signature line, it was edited once....

__________________
The opinion expressed is that of the participant and does not necessarily reflect that of Mr Dan Amos. But if it doesn't, he would be wrong.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 08-29-2008 20:58.

08-29-2008 20:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque


images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002
Posts: 9,986
Location: Hoverkrafti im është plot me ngjala.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
True, you would know DA had a new album when you walked into the store and found it there for sale!


And, you could buy four Christian cassettes and get that new DA album for free!

I always had a hard time finding four that I liked (I would take at least a year), and then I'd lost the coupons by that time. I wonder how many people actually got a free cassette?

BTW, I think this is how I ended up with an X-Sinner tape. I had three coupons, and boy, did I want that free tape. Obviously, I wasn't even thrilled about the X-Sinner tape, so I had no idea what I would be choosing for free!


I got free cassettes all the time back in the day!
I saved them in my wallet.
The last free cassette I got was "Pray Naked!" Cool

__________________

08-30-2008 05:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Illegal Stuff and Downloads

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH