Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
Well I sent the quarter pound of picks to the store's money order address right before jason and eric emailed me another adress that I should have sent them to ; but it went to the same town. So hopefully they will make it.
[/I]

Yeah, thats fine. We'll get it at either address.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-10-2007 22:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Billy Gibbons picks with a filed-down peso.

Brian May plays with a six pence coin. Quarters will do in a pinch, too!

I use the orange Tortex (.60 mm). Anything thinner feels like I'm strumming with a piece of an index card! While we're on the topic, I also use Super Slinkies on all my guitars, even my acoustics, Horizon cables, Korg ToneWorks AX3000G processor, and an Epiphone acoustic (that I paid $200 for ten years ago) to lead worship. Most durable, consistent guitar I've ever owned, and I am not a big Epiphone fan!

Also in my guitar collection:

2 Fender Strats
1 Guild hollow body
1 Charvel electric w/ Floyd Rose tremelo
1 Ibanez bass
1 Series 10 bass
1 Fiddle
1 Banjo Mandolin

And I used to have a Gibson SG that I still miss to this day!

So, could we have:
1) Other musicians/gear heads weigh in on what they have
2) What Terry has played throughout the years, as well as the other members of DA. I'd be curious to see what guitars/basses/drums/keys that they played from the 1970's on!

10-11-2007 09:02 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

you could send 'em one of your strats to go with the guitar picks! Tongue Big Grin

I wished DA only used maybe 10-25% of the keys that they did use. New Wave is mostly yucky. Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-11-2007 09:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle

quote:
Yeah, thats fine. We'll get it at either address.

Jason and Eric why would anyone want to give you fellas the "lip" You guys are the greatest!

10-11-2007 10:02 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
1 Banjo Mandolin

Really? For years my dad had an original "The Gibson" banjo-lin that he lugged around the world while he was in the Navy. Unfortunately time had not been kind to it, and it was all but unplayable for most of my life, until he had it restored and sold it on eBay. Crying

I'm no gearhead - I've mostly played cheap, crappy acoustic guitars for the last 30 years (owing to chronic poverty - and by "chronic" I mean "ongoing", not the other thing). But a few years ago I picked up a Line 6 Variax 300 (the budget line) and a POD XTLive, and I've had hecka fun with that combo playing for worship in my church (need to get an amp, though). Also installed a Roland GK3 pickup, which I occasionally mess around with rather clumsily - I got the GR-20 guitar synth, but someday I'd like to upgrade to the GI interface in conjunction with an expandable synth module.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 10-12-2007 02:37.

10-11-2007 19:47 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
THX1136
unregistered
I'll bite on that Marky Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kent elec-acous. 6 string (my first guitar)
1966 Rickenbacker 360-12 (Maple-Glo)
1969 Gibson ES 335 TDW
1976 Rickenbacker 4001 (Fire-Glo)
Fernandes acoustic 6 string
Yamaha "Strat" - newer
Framus Texan 12 string acoustic
Black face Fender Dual Showman & cab (2 EV 418-8H speakers)
Homemade cab with Fender D130F
1956 Fender Pro
Vox Beatle
Vox Royal Guardsman
Ampeg V4 cab
Casio CTK 411 keyboard
Gorilla GB 30 practice amp
Yamaha practice amp
Maestro PS 1 Phase Shifter
Univox Super Fuzz
Dean Markley Overlord tube distortion
Urei 1176LN
Digitech DSP 256XL
Mackie 1202 (original)
Alesis Nanopressor, Nanoverb & Micro Limiter
Alesis M_EQ 230
Scholz Power Soak
Behringer DIs

I use the green Tortex picks for guitar and the yellow (triangular) ones for bass.

Back earlier this summer when my son and I heard that the Dogs had a few open dates we thought about having them here. I figured they could use any of my stuff so they wouldn't have to bring their gear. The lack of available funds brought me to my senses. (It still would have been fun to have them though)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by THX1136: 10-28-2007 20:33.

10-28-2007 20:32
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

RE: I'll bite on that Marky Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
It still would have been fun to have them though

Sure would!

10-28-2007 20:49 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: I'll bite on that Marky Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by THX1136
Kent elec-acous. 6 string (my first guitar)
1966 Rickenbacker 360-12 (Maple-Glo)
1969 Gibson ES 335 TDW
1976 Rickenbacker 4001 (Fire-Glo)
Fernandes acoustic 6 string
Yamaha "Strat" - newer
Framus Texan 12 string acoustic
Black face Fender Dual Showman & cab (2 EV 418-8H speakers)
Homemade cab with Fender D130F
1956 Fender Pro
Vox Beatle
Vox Royal Guardsman
Ampeg V4 cab
Casio CTK 411 keyboard
Gorilla GB 30 practice amp
Yamaha practice amp
Maestro PS 1 Phase Shifter
Univox Super Fuzz
Dean Markley Overlord tube distortion
Urei 1176LN
Digitech DSP 256XL
Mackie 1202 (original)
Alesis Nanopressor, Nanoverb & Micro Limiter
Alesis M_EQ 230
Scholz Power Soak
Behringer DIs

I use the green Tortex picks for guitar and the yellow (triangular) ones for bass.

Back earlier this summer when my son and I heard that the Dogs had a few open dates we thought about having them here. I figured they could use any of my stuff so they wouldn't have to bring their gear. The lack of available funds brought me to my senses. (It still would have been fun to have them though)

in the words of Garth..

"I like ...to play."

but do you? Wink

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 10-29-2007 09:12.

10-29-2007 09:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Behringer

I've been pretty impressed by Behringer's stuff, especially for the price. A lot of what I buy is for church, since I'm a worship minister. I bought two Behringer monitors a while ago. For the price, they sounded way better (and were more durable) than they should have been!

10-29-2007 10:02 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

i'm a fan of behringer gear......

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-29-2007 10:24 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
THX1136
unregistered

Playing within a band setting is something I miss big time Jiminy. Most of my playing now is for opening of Bible study and before ministry meeting which is fine, but there's something about playing WITH other people that has a different kind of feel to it.

I've had 4 or 5 tunes rolling around in my head for the last several years that I need to get down. One is a telling of the Emmaus road story with a CCR feel. Making the time has been an elusive thing for the last 6 years due to health concerns within my family. It's kind of frustrating, but I am reminded that there is a time for everything so I am certain it will happen eventually.

I've had good luck with the Behringer gear I've had so far. Just got one of their AD8000s (I think that's the model - it's the 8 pres with ADAT interface thing) so I can do a full 16 tracks with my Fostex VF16. Haven't tried it out yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Marky - which model did you buy - the self powered or passive? I've been interested in how they sound and hold up.
10-30-2007 20:11
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Marky - which model did you buy - the self powered or passive? I've been interested in how they sound and hold up.

Passive. They have held up really well.

quote:
Playing within a band setting is something I miss big time

It's been seven years since I've played in a band (non-praise team band), and I really miss it as well. I still write and demo stuff all the time, but I'm not really sure what for.

So, I feel your pain!

10-31-2007 10:50 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
THX1136
unregistered

I think it's something that one has to do if you are a musician. I'd probably have more stuff come to mind if I was playing more. There is something satisfying about getting something out and down in a tangible form. I like that process.
10-31-2007 18:21
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Boss BR-600 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any of you fellas own one of these Boss BR-600

I want to know how the falsh card works. Can you just take the flash card put it inot your computers reader and wallah mp3 to your PC?

10-31-2007 18:50 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
THX1136
unregistered
RE: Boss BR-600 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

According to a review at Harmony Central on the BR600 when you export the files from the BR to a PC it will convert to files to .wav format. It will not do this if you just backup the files to PC. The BR600 will not export/import MP3 format. It was mentioned that the data placed on the card by the BR600 is in a proprietary Roland format. Consequently the implication is you cannot just plug the flash card into your PC.

Couldn't find anything in Boss' promo material that specifies the data format. HTH
11-01-2007 19:36
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH