Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

"who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well I couldn't afford guitars, but I could buy them some picks. It'd be a pretty cool sign of affection if we all sent SE as many guitar picks as we could. They're cheap. You know "keep on rocking dude"! Maybe give them a second wind? I'm a SE/DA fan to the end! Big Grin

09-25-2007 18:30 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

RE: "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a thin red Dunlop Tortex pick that Terry used when The Dogs played my wedding reception. I'm not giving it back, though. Big Grin
09-28-2007 21:37 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i dont use a pick for the guitar
I use my fingers.
I also use my fingers when I pick my..... Shocked

oops- did I say that out loud?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-30-2007 10:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We bought Terry mics, mic stands, cables and a 16 track recorder.. didn't think of picks though.. send them off in his direction.

09-30-2007 10:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle

PickWorld

09-30-2007 15:55 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

PVC, Classic Celluloid, or Delrin?

09-30-2007 16:04 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We had talked about making custom Lost Dogs guitar picks once... wouldn't be bad to do really. Or even 77s, Swirling Eddies or DA picks.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-30-2007 16:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Like to help, but I've been saving for a new guitar for the better part of this year, and with one emergency car repair, POOF, all gone.

Frown
09-30-2007 16:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

At some point in my checquered past I had somehow acquired a classic white "Rick Neilsen Face" pick. Like a fool, I made practical use of it (to play guitar with - duh!), and it ended up busting. Mad
09-30-2007 17:25 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

In my "favored picks" collection, I have the George Harrison that came with the "Brainwashed" special edition and the Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson picks that came with the "R30" special edition.

Sadly, I used my David St. Hubbins pick and lost it somewhere. It don't go to 11 no more.
Frown
09-30-2007 18:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
We had talked about making custom Lost Dogs guitar picks once... wouldn't be bad to do really. Or even 77s, Swirling Eddies or DA picks.

SWEET!! Big Grin

Would be cool to like number a pick or connect to a particular recording. Auction them " used by Gene Pool in the recording of Hide The Beer the Pastor's Here I'd bid!!! Or would that be idol worship? NAAA!

BB

09-30-2007 18:56 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

09-30-2007 21:49 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Dunlop Ultex and Tortex are all I use now. They are indestructable. I sell them on eBay, too. Six for 2.50.

09-30-2007 22:29 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Dunlop Ultex and Tortex are all I use now. They are indestructable. I sell them on eBay, too. Six for 2.50.

I love Dunlops. .60mm nylon for me, though - I like their flexibility.
09-30-2007 23:33 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

I love Dunlops. .60mm nylon for me, though - I like their flexibility.
They're great for guitar, but I play too hard usualy. They bend so much I scrape my digits on the strings. The Tortex comes in .50mm as well. That is a delicate sounding beast.
For mandofury, I like at least 1.0mm. The Ultex 1.14 is even better. You can really do some speed pickin' with it.

10-01-2007 08:44 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
jyroflux

Sweet!

I think the new Swirling Eddies logo would look cool on a pick

10-01-2007 09:46 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

I have a friend that was holding a pick in his mouth while doing something else. Someone in the room told a joke and as he laughed, he swallowed the pick. It got caught in his windpipe and would flap up and down as he breathed. He was taken to the hospital and the doctor decided that it would be better to push it down than to pull it back up. It went through the entire digestive track. After that, I made endless jokes about him picking his butt.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-01-2007 10:47 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
he swallowed the pick

Was it thin, medium, or heavy?

10-01-2007 10:59 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
quote:
he swallowed the pick

I didn't examine the evidence that closely.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-01-2007 11:03 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
quote:
he swallowed the pick

I didn't examine the evidence that closely.
So you did examine it, then?

10-01-2007 11:24 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "who’ll buy em some guitars and some guitar picks?"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH