Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry at Church » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry at Church
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Terry at Church Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder has anyone ever been at a Church and they sang a song written by Terry Taylor? I mean in a worship "all together now" setting, like U2 did with "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

09-11-2007 10:46 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know my wife's college chapel used to sing 'Breath Deep', and our church has performed 'city on a hill christmas' with the pastors daughter singing Terry's song.

09-11-2007 10:55 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: Terry at Church Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

at my church we sing sprinklerhead every sunday morning... Smile

Happy

no, not really.. Tongue
but there would be some songs that might be appropriate...
my pastor is famialiar with terry's work...
hmmmm...

Cool
09-11-2007 11:41 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I’ve sung these TST tunes behind the stained glass

(fer sure...in a church- others I've done dont count- outdoor church things etc....)

Be My Hiding Place
Pray Where You Are
A Vegas Story
Starting Monday
If You Loved Here
Moses in The Desert
Blessing in Disguise
Breathe Deep
Love Takes Over The World

Come Down Here (I know it’s a Roe tune – but a Dogs also)

The only one I’ve done as a warship- er I mean Worship song (with overhead and entire congregation)
Is Joel

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 09-11-2007 15:49.

09-11-2007 15:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle

We need to get Terry in a hymnal! I think Joel is a worship-like song. Soon could be arranged for a congregation.

09-11-2007 16:40 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I see Hindalongs name come up a lot in my Churches program. Thats always cool.

I think River Oaks (another church here in town... ) has done some Lost Dogs songs in church before. They also booked the Dogs for this last tour. I visited that church this last Sunday because an old friend was preaching. I didn't recognize most of the music but I think at least one of the songs was Caedmon's Call. No Dogs though that Sunday. Mad

Jason and I actually discovered that church by standing outside of an Italian restaurant here in town hearing MUTT blaring out across the parking lot. We followed it to its source and found this church.. I guess the pastor and the music minister had been to our yard show a day or two before.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-11-2007 18:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have a music "hymn" book that has "Breathe Deep" in it. It has both church songs and secular songs with truth in it side by side. I'd have to go find it to remember the name.

09-11-2007 19:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I'm trying to get my choir to do Sister Big Boobs.
09-11-2007 20:27 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i've done "joel" and "breathe deep".

09-11-2007 20:32 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

I
quote:
have a music "hymn" book that has "Breathe Deep" in it. It has both church songs and secular songs with truth in it side by side. I'd have to go find it to remember the name

Very Interesting!

09-12-2007 07:35 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I played "Soon" and "You Lay Down" on ukulele and sang on P&W Sunday and the Lenny Cohen song the Dogs do- "If It Be Your Will" on mandolin during the offering. I didn't have the congo sing with either one.

09-12-2007 10:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I played "Soon" and "You Lay Down" on ukulele and sang on P&W Sunday and the Lenny Cohen song the Dogs do- "If It Be Your Will" on mandolin during the offering. I didn't have the congo sing with either one.

CooL Cool

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I’ve sung these TST tunes behind the stained glass

(fer sure...in a church- others I've done dont count- outdoor church things etc....)

Be My Hiding Place
Pray Where You Are
A Vegas Story
Starting Monday
If You Loved Here
Moses in The Desert
Blessing in Disguise
Breathe Deep
Love Takes Over The World

Come Down Here (I know it’s a Roe tune – but a Dogs also)

The only one I’ve done as a warship- er I mean Worship song (with overhead and entire congregation)
Is Joel

CooL Cool

09-12-2007 10:51 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

RE: Terry at Church Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, sorry. I never heard such a thing even when I went to churches that had "worship teams".
09-12-2007 14:27 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

RE: Terry at Church Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a pastor from the Portland area. Here are DA, Lost Dogs, etc. songs we've done (several on a regular basis):

Joel
Crushing Hand
Beautiful Scandalous Night
Jesus on the Shore
If You Want To
Moses in the Desert
Diamonds to Coal
A Certain Love
Be My Hiding Place
Breathe Deep
Pray Where You Are
The Lust, the Flesh
God of Wonders
Stone Away
Walls of Doubt
Reasonable Service
Beautiful Martyr

So, in a nutshell, come visit!

www.aletheiacf.org

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by anochria: 09-12-2007 21:53.

09-12-2007 21:50 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
re:anochria

Ya'll need to start a missionary church down here in Tejas with that kind of music worship! Bring ya'll's Oregon Christian liberal beannie hat wear'n selfs on down here. We'll put you in a stetson and straight'n out your Liberal defect! You don't need to got to Mexico to preach to the Amigos. We got plenty of Mexican citizens right here! God Bless ya'll! Que la vaya bien!

09-12-2007 22:27 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

We do God of Wonders fairly often, too. I don't consider it a DA song, but since Steve Hindalong from the Choir wrote it, I guess it counts.

09-13-2007 14:23 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

We have done Joel. We do God of Wonders, I am working on I Believe in You.

First Baptist Church Freeport Texas.
09-13-2007 21:11 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by anochria
I'm a pastor from the Portland area.
So, in a nutshell, come visit!

www.aletheiacf.org

Do you/did you ever have someone named Anji Sensenig in your church. If so, I may have visited about 8 yerars ago.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scrimshaw Nick: 09-13-2007 22:43.

09-13-2007 22:43 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

Nobody's done "Praise Song"?!?!?

Praise Song
from the album "Shotgun Angel"

Words and Music by Terry Scott Taylor

©1977 Maranatha! Music

Love that brings a light
To a darkened room
Then there is no night
'Cause love's bright and new
Feeling it shine on me
Knowing it's in my heart
What can I tell you
'Cept what's in this rhyme
Which grows in my heart
And stays on my mind

Chorus:
I praise you (Wonderful Savior and Lord)
I praise you
Giving you (Glory and honor and praise)
(Lord you are worthy of praise)

Love that gave Your Son
To Die for me
Shedding precious blood
On Calvary's tree

Knowing His blood has power
To cleanse me hour by hour
What can I tell you
Which grows in my heart
And stays on my mind

Chorus

Love that brings a light
To a darkened room
Then there is no night
'Cause love's bright and new

(Glory and honor and praise be yours)
(Glory and honor and praise be yours)

Feeling it shine on me
Knowing it's in my heart
What can I tell you
Which grows in my heart
And stays on my mind
09-13-2007 23:06 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
We do God of Wonders fairly often, too. I don't consider it a DA song, but since Steve Hindalong from the Choir wrote it, I guess it counts.

Shocked Did not know he wrote that song. Cool
09-14-2007 07:53 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry at Church

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH