Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Who's who here? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who's who here?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
the_double the_double is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-08-2007

Wink Who's who here? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi folks - currently devouring the new Eddies like it's my last meal; thank God this band refuses to go away.
wondering if one of the brothers or sisters on the board would mind helping me out by matching pseudonyms of the new Eddies with their real names? aside from Derry Air; that one was too easy! i don't have endless hours to spend scouring the forum trying to find if someone has already listed them.
thanks in anticipation & blessings to all.
PS also good to have "the real Tim" back after his near-disappearance on O How The Mighty Have Fallen... ;-)
09-08-2007 21:31 the_double is offline Search for Posts by the_double Add the_double to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ouch man. i enjoyed tim's playing on the choir disc.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

09-09-2007 13:30 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Heck....I even enjoyed his playing on the Lost Dogs disc....

09-09-2007 22:35 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I think Camarillo intends for the fans to guess at whos who in the Eddies. Cool

09-10-2007 11:34 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
ouch man. i enjoyed tim's playing on the choir disc.

yea, tim's playing was great on the disc. he just couldn't make it out on the road. Wink

i think someone, maybe even larryl, mentioned some of the eddies in another thread.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
09-10-2007 18:47 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: Who's who here? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by the_double
PS also good to have "the real Tim" back after his near-disappearance on O How The Mighty Have Fallen... ;-)

Hmmm - after finally giving Midget a listen once (my copy arrived Saturday - thanks, Audis Big Grin ), it occured to me in retrospect that I didn't notice the bass playing at all. Quite unusual, since Tim's (or Berger's) playing tends to stand out most of the time, and it's something that I'd ordinarily zone in on immediately with other records he's played on.
09-10-2007 19:07 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by the_double

hmm - well i can make a fairly accurate stab at the drummer & bass player; i guess i'll just wait till the truth eventually surfaces about the rest. like Mr. TV Detector Man on The Young Ones, i know how to wait; i've dealt with their kind before... apparently truth will out, however sordid.
no offence intended over Tim's bass work on O How The Mighty; just to these ears he's never seemed so restrained - guess one comes to expect the unexpected, except when it's so unexpectedly free of effects, irrational notes & other signature shenanigans.
blessings to all.
oh, and maybe i should say a special extra thanks to Terry for just about giving us a new Choir album at the same time!
09-13-2007 06:35 the_double is offline Search for Posts by the_double Add the_double to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I am pretty sure I recognize Tim's sliding his fingers down the bass frets on "Giants in the Land" making that sort of sick cow sound at least a couple times.

09-13-2007 09:10 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

RE: Who's who here? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile

as for "Midget", berger is as berger does.

on "O How The Mighty..." you're right on the money. i hadn't tried playing "down" so to speak, in a long time, if ever at all. it was an intentional experiment to see what would happen in terms of service to the song. not sure myself how it turned out. (berger, i believe, referred to my playing on "O..." in a thread somewhere here as "somnambulistic".)

i've also mentioned, i think, about what i didn't get away with on the last Dogs record, for instance Big Grin
09-14-2007 09:28 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

quote:
Tim's sliding his fingers down the bass frets on "Giants in the Land"

So Does Berger and Tim both play Bass on the Midget I'd like to hear a duo harmony bass instrumental between the two. Sometimes I listen to Tim and I feel like he is doing a bass solo through the whole albums. But it always seems to fit just right!

09-14-2007 09:43 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Big Money Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night weeping that this piece of studio madness is lost forever. Why can't those Dogs realize that these alternate outtakes are valuable commodities to a warped few?

However I've been enjoying the subtle noodlings of Berger on the latest SE album. Sounds like maybe he's been in rehab or at least taking his medication on a regular basis.
09-14-2007 09:46 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Wait a minute. "______ is as ______ does." Where have I heard that phrase before?

09-14-2007 09:50 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

"Run, Berger, run!"

09-14-2007 10:07 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hey it's Friday!

09-14-2007 10:19 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
Smile

as for "Midget", berger is as berger does.

on "O How The Mighty..." you're right on the money. i hadn't tried playing "down" so to speak, in a long time, if ever at all. it was an intentional experiment to see what would happen in terms of service to the song. not sure myself how it turned out. (berger, i believe, referred to my playing on "O..." in a thread somewhere here as "somnambulistic".)

i've also mentioned, i think, about what i didn't get away with on the last Dogs record, for instance Big Grin

I love bass farts..you do them so well.

is there ANY tape of that Dog outing you've refered too??
cmon- theres nothing new on the horizon..give us some OUTAKES!!
- oh - adn hey Tim.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-14-2007 12:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Does Berger read music?

09-14-2007 17:56 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
Does Berger read music?

Does the Pope crap in the woods?
09-14-2007 19:59 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Does the Pope crap in the woods?

I do

09-14-2007 21:55 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by the_double

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
quote:
Tim's sliding his fingers down the bass frets on "Giants in the Land"

So Does Berger and Tim both play Bass on the Midget I'd like to hear a duo harmony bass instrumental between the two. Sometimes I listen to Tim and I feel like he is doing a bass solo through the whole albums. But it always seems to fit just right!

DOH!! i do so hate it when i forget that Tim & Berger are Officially Two Different People... the two tend to play so much alike that some of us start to get the identities blurred or mixed up; kind of like when you have more than one kid & call one by the other's name (or in my wife's case, calling the kid by the cat's name). please extend me a little grace, now that you've extended us all some more bass.
...oh, and i assume then that Paul Bob from the Farm Beetles is a Third Person Entirely?
09-19-2007 03:55 the_double is offline Search for Posts by the_double Add the_double to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
...oh, and i assume then that Paul Bob from the Farm Beetles is a Third Person Entirely?

Paul Bob is dead - didn't you get the memo? He was replaced by a lookalike named William Campbell Bob.
09-19-2007 07:57 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Who's who here?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH