Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Technical Problem-John Wayne » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Technical Problem-John Wayne
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pactor Ack Pactor Ack is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-15-2002

Technical Problem-John Wayne Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a bit annoying, guys. The other day I attempted to make an MP3 copy of my copy of John Wayne I purchased when it first came out (for my personal PC jukebox). Problem is, my Philips CDRW 1200 Series CD drive won't read the disc at all. It spins and blinks and whirs and carries on but will not read the disc. I think the disc may be a bit flaky, possibly not manufactured quite right. It does have two visible odd things on the disc surface. There is an irregular hazy patch on the business side that was there when I first bought it a few years ago, plus there are tiny very visible spirals. Was there a production problem with this disc? I would appreciate any answers or comments on this matter.
04-15-2002 23:05 Pactor Ack is offline Send an Email to Pactor Ack Homepage of Pactor Ack Search for Posts by Pactor Ack Add Pactor Ack to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've never had a problem with my disc. and I've played it in several different players (DVDROM, CDRW, Philips Expanium ect...) maybe you've just got a bad one? Confused
BD

04-16-2002 08:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

SAME THING -DIFFERENT DISCS Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i found the same prob with Led Zep III- and Michael Been-on the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough. Of all my discs- bodacious ta tas only those 2 so far
I think its just a whir flaw in the surface of the disc- plays fine-but cant be read. I never closely examined the surface of the disc- but that would be my guess. Never tried to copy JW -- will give mine a try 2nite fer ya-to C
JiMIny
04-16-2002 08:42 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Manufacturing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We are unaware of any mass manufacturing problems with "John Wayne."
But, all the different labels DA
or Terry has been on have not all used the same
manufactures.. so, we don't even know who they used
for that particular disc.

I can tell you that out of the CDs that we have
helped with, such as "Imaginarium" or "When Worlds Collide:
the DA Tribute," out of say 1000 discs we usually get
maybe 3 returned for manufacturing flaws. Usually Unreadable
spots on the discs or paint from the top smudged onto the bottom of the disc.

As most people know Compact Discs are read from the bottom,
they are also read from the inside 'groove' to the outside
'groove' backwards to records.. if you have a CD Player
with a window in it you will notice they spin faster on the
first few tracks. The laser shines up through the clear
plastic and hits the metalic layer and either shines through
the holes in that layer, or is reflected by that layer back.
That either/or combination is what the CD player is reading,
so if there are imperfections in the plastic, that will
effect the lasers ability to function. Most CD Players now
days have 'jitter correction' or other means to adjust to
slight imperfections, and some have a 'read ahead' method
which allows the Player to sample the sound before and after
the flaw and fill in te gap with an average so you never
even are aware of the problem. But, all CD Players are not
created equal, we have found out that a lot of PC CD players
are more effected by imperfections. Maybe because they
are supposed to read the data flawlessly, otherwise you get errors.. as opposed to a listening CD Player which as long
as they sound good.. there's no apparent problem.

jason t

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-16-2002 10:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

iS that A FreuDian SLip, JimINy???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's udderly silly, ain't it?
quote:
Originally posted by jc
Of all my discs- bodacious ta tas only those 2 so far
JiMIny

Sorry, but we girls notice things like that.............
it's udderly silly, ain't it?

my bad. Smile ) Smile )Smile )Smile )

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-16-2002 15:44 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jc
Luteous Llama

TOO LATE NOW Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i saw that- was gonna edit it-
but bodacious ta tas too late now!
JiMINy
04-16-2002 16:05 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Lost Canine Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"bodacious ta tas too late?" Jiminy have you really been hanging around Aunt Betty?
LK-9

04-17-2002 10:30 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Crinklepot Crinklepot is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 04-17-2002

heh.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JC, you boob.

Crink
04-17-2002 15:13 Crinklepot is offline Send an Email to Crinklepot Search for Posts by Crinklepot Add Crinklepot to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

honest.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was a frueduian slip (I did go and have to NUMBER them...)
but-
LK- yer dogbone comment has us all beat

Why you, you you,
you pastor you!
04-17-2002 15:26 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Why you, you you,
you pastor you!"

You didn't have to swear at me! You could have been nice, like Dr. Rich, and call me a Jackalope!
LK-9
PS That sure is some story about you over at the Dog Pound.

04-17-2002 15:57 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Technical Problem-John Wayne

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH