Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 14 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
sometimes the best response is no response ...

oh well ...

It depends, if your reponse is an attack.. or a snide comment.. or an insult... or any other pessimism I would agree. But if your response is one of humility or self deprecation, in an attempt to try and get people to calm down and see things from a more spiritual perspective, then I would say it might actually be better than no response.

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

03-05-2008 13:39 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey - i dont like the tone of that proverb
quit being so nasty...!

seriously - who has too much freakin time on their hands around here???

Is this a debate about a song about a debate we are still debating??
Confused

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-05-2008 22:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I honestly don't know what its about.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-05-2008 23:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

How did this start up again?

No wonder the church is so weak and afraid to hold its own accountable. One little funny rebuke sends the Christian "man" off into a real tizzy.

Let's move onto the next song and its influence on our lives: Madonna Inn. I was singing along with this song the other day and she called me on it...if you know what I mean.

I want a truce on the Medley of Our Hit. If you don't, then I will be forced to go into detail of how my wife and I recreated each verse using every room of our house while the children were out. Shocked
03-06-2008 01:20 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

someone needs a dip in the SAlton Sea....

03-06-2008 09:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I am fine with changing the subject, and I am fine with a truce. The problem is to have a truce, both sides have to want it. If people dredge it up I will answer it.

In fact, I would even say the BOBD signatures are a sign that certain people are determined to not let go. You see this is my problem with the entire issue and why I will answer when people bring it up.

Terry can be torn apart for months on end and when he answers with a self deprecating joke, in an attempt to get people to look at things with some degree of perspective... its the very people that were tearing him apart that cry fowl. The people with the BOBD signatures... the weird attitude that its ok to rip someone up... but God forbid they should respond in any way at all.

If you have BOBD in your signature and its there in every post you make, I don't think you are in a position to ask people not to mention the song or what its about. Or to ask people to 'let go' of the whole situation.... or to have a truce.

And just to clarify, in case some say they were not part of the nastiness ... to claim to be a BOBD.. is claiming to be part of the nastiness Camarillo was talking about. If I am not mistaken some take some weird sense of pride in that fact. The WEJE comments and signatures are also an attack and you know it.

So when you ask how it started up again, look to see if it ever even ended in the first place.

03-06-2008 09:27 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I don't have any reason to think we live in a police state

sheesh! Mad

03-06-2008 10:40 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

guess I was being an burro all that time - and never knew..

Oh and since Larry passed away? - he never was a dink. Cool

03-06-2008 10:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I don't have any reason to think we live in a police state

sheesh! Mad

No you don't.

But if you want someone else to drop a topic... then you yourself can't be waving an opposing sign.

And Larry was not a dink, he had some issues.

03-06-2008 10:53 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

i know- I' m over it.

most of my comments were about MOOH still being talked about- in which case I'm done.

oh and a dink is a neatly dresed person- I always thought Larrys look was cool...

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definitions/dink

03-06-2008 11:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

If you have BOBD in your signature and its there in every post you make, I don't think you are in a position to ask people not to mention the song or what its about. Or to ask people to 'let go' of the whole situation.... or to have a truce.

i have bobd in my signature (maybe not under this username? yet... Tongue )because i am a online buddy of carl spacone, who used to post on this board under the username big dork......
that's all i have to say..........

bobd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Strange Animal: 03-06-2008 11:20.

03-06-2008 11:18 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

In context, no, that signature is in response to the song. Its the expression of proudly taking a side, which is the opposite of looking for unity or a truce or reconciliation of any kind.

It is there to keep 'the fight' going, its disingenuous to claim otherwise.

03-06-2008 11:23 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

damb-
my head just exploded...

03-06-2008 11:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

well smack me baby with a cheek-turning slap by yo righteous self

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-06-2008 12:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:

And just to clarify, in case some say they were not part of the nastiness ... to claim to be a BOBD.. is claiming to be part of the nastiness Camarillo was talking about. If I am not mistaken some take some weird sense of pride in that fact.

One thing to remember is we are friends with each other apart from the board.

Big Dork really is my buddy.
We have talked on the phone for hours. (and BD does not like to talk on the phone.)

I have had the honor of having him as a guest in my house.

I consider Carl to be a close friend of mine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 03-26-2008 07:35.

03-26-2008 07:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

yup-
have yakked on the phone -a number of times - about things other than DA.

Have met the man and his 77s tee shirt..he came lots of miles to meet me-

so DAMB it , Im changin it back.......!

03-26-2008 07:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

03-26-2008 16:47 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by baxter

I could not have said it better! Tongue

03-26-2008 17:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

And just to clarify, in case some say they were not part of the nastiness ... to claim to be a BOBD.. is claiming to be part of the nastiness Camarillo was talking about. If I am not mistaken some take some weird sense of pride in that fact.

One thing to remember is we are friends with each other apart from the board.

Big Dork really is my buddy.
We have talked on the phone for hours. (and BD does not like to talk on the phone.)

I have had the honor of having him as a guest in my house.

I consider Carl to be a close friend of mine.

amen dr. rich! Pleased Pleased Pleased

bobd

03-26-2008 17:32 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Um... I think you misunderstood.

No one is saying it can't be there. No one said it wasn't "OK." No one made you remove them for a few days. No one doubts that anyone is BD's buddy. You were buddies before those signatures existed.

But lets not pretend that the signature isn't there entirely for a reason that is connected to this song. It's a statement - a reply to Camarillo. Its not being "over it," its keeping it going (at least in one direction). As Jason said, its not "letting it go," as everyone else is expected to do. Saying everyone else should stop talking about that part of the song - while keeping that in your signature doesn't make sense. It's like saying "I can talk about it, but you can't."

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-26-2008 18:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH