Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 12 13 [14] 15 16 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 14 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I'm gonna have to side with backs on this one, and I don't even understand what he's saying.

I just self edited, two times I wrote a chapter and a half and both times I deleted. Is it worth a pm Jason, or is this going to end when the "aggressors" stop, end of story?

03-27-2008 20:39 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let me say this, the aggressors have been aggressive here, in PMs, in emails, snide comments/signatures and other boards for quite a while now. That definately is a one sided aggression, we have not acted in kind. The worst thing we have done, is respond and when that didn't work block the aggression for a period.

From our perspective we have not taken part in the attacks, here there or in private. I personally have even gone to their other board in person and asked that anyone that had a problem with us come to us and we would work it out. I had one response from someone who stated at the beginning of their email they didn't really have any intention of working anything out. They claimed to have been trembling with hatred towards us.

This feeling is again one sided. I personally don't know the aggressors, and beyond their attacks I have nothing against them. If they were to let go of their spitefulness and hatred towards us, there would be no issue.

It is impossible to work things out with someone who wants to keep hostility going. In fact, that is the issue itself, they want to be hostile towards my brother and I. As long as they feel this way, there is nothing my brother and I can do to change anything.

And to be Perfectly Frank, thats all the song "Medley Of Our Hit" is saying, "...stop being so nasty."

03-27-2008 21:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Let me say this, the aggressors have been aggressive here, in PMs, in emails, snide comments/signatures and other boards for quite a while now. That definately is a one sided aggression, we have not acted in kind. The worst thing we have done, is respond and when that didn't work block the aggression for a period.

From our perspective we have not taken part in the attacks, here there or in private. I personally have even gone to their other board in person and asked that anyone that had a problem with us come to us and we would work it out. I had one response from someone who stated at the beginning of their email they didn't really have any intention of working anything out. They claimed to have been trembling with hatred towards us.

This feeling is again one sided. I personally don't know the aggressors, and beyond their attacks I have nothing against them. If they were to let go of their spitefulness and hatred towards us, there would be no issue.

It is impossible to work things out with someone who wants to keep hostility going. In fact, that is the issue itself, they want to be hostile towards my brother and I. As long as they feel this way, there is nothing my brother and I can do to change anything.

And to be Perfectly Frank, thats all the song "Medley Of Our Hit" is saying, "...stop being so nasty."

if that is currently the situation, I'm sorry that it came to that point. I think that the responsibility lies with someone other than you though. I think someone else needs to reach out, someone who publicly rubbed people the wrong way and, at least publicly, has not acknowledged that he has offended and intentionally or not, caused further division. I think others need to publicly apologize for their part in stirring pots and being aggressive and perhaps complaining in an unfair/un Christlike fashion, not turning the other cheek, etc.

With this, I quit, for about the fifth time Smile , and will go back to foolish posting on the shameless thread. I'm more than willing to privately discuss in pm's but likely I am not accomplishing anything here, so I'll drop this again.

03-27-2008 22:09 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I think someone else needs to reach out, someone who publicly rubbed people the wrong way and, at least publicly, has not acknowledged that he has offended and intentionally or not, caused further division.

I agree with you except for this point. Sometimes people WANT to be offended, they look for things to be resentful about. That is a form of passive aggressive hostility.

Its like when an abusive husband gets the wife to think its her fault. That is just another form of abuse.

It is not offensive to ask someone who is being offensive to stop being offensive.

03-27-2008 22:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
I think someone else needs to reach out, someone who publicly rubbed people the wrong way and, at least publicly, has not acknowledged that he has offended and intentionally or not, caused further division.

I agree with you except for this point. Sometimes people WANT to be offended, they look for things to be resentful about. That is a form of passive aggressive hostility.

Its like when an abusive husband gets the wife to think its her fault. That is just another form of abuse.

It is not offensive to ask someone who is being offensive to stop being offensive.

um........... once again, i don't think you get it..........
i think he means terry!

bobd

03-27-2008 22:43 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
quote:

um........... once again, i don't think you get it..........
i think he means terry!

I get it, thats what I mean too. Terry's song was only asking Big Dork and his buddies to stop being nasty. What is so terrible about asking people that are being nasty, to stop being nasty?

03-27-2008 22:52 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was never nasty.............
and i have nothing bad to say about terry....
goodnite...

bobd

03-27-2008 22:54 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

Actually you were, you kept the garbage going.. if you remember thats why we blocked you a while and then let you come back after you promised to stop.

03-27-2008 23:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

nope.........
only stood up for others that were in your opinion.........
anyways, agreeing to disagree.......... i'm done.......

bobd

03-27-2008 23:31 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

I hope so, but I seriously doubt that you are 'done.'

03-27-2008 23:35 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great cd! that's what this thread's all about, right?

bobd

03-27-2008 23:57 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yup. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"some got the patience of job
some moods are pendulum swings
i suppose it all depends
on how you look at these things"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 03-28-2008 06:02.

03-28-2008 06:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, that song is about looking at things from a spiritual perspective vs a fleshly one. It is not by any means a song of moral equivalence. It is summed up by Galations 5:13-26

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Life by the Spirit
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

It is not the fruits of the spirit that drive someone to accuse other brothers in Christ of lies or fraud, which is what Terry and we were accused of. Discord, strife, hatred and anger are fleshly desires, every person has the choice to look at things from a spiritual perspective as Job did, or they can give in to the flesh and be angry and slanderous. It all depends on how you look at things, from a repentant spirit or a rebellious one.

When your CD preorder takes longer than you like you can either be angry and cause discord, or you can be patient and kind. We can keep in step with the spirit, or provoke each other. It all depends.

03-28-2008 07:58 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

like Lost Dogs Christmas cds!!!???

Big Grin

03-28-2008 09:50 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Well...

My opinion here doesn't probably factor here, but I'll take a stab.

First, I like this community and all the folks here.

Second, I think it's pretty obvious that the "bobd" thing is taking BD's side, and it is an intentional, albeit very minor, jab. I don't really have a problem with that, I suppose, but at least call it what it is. I know, you know him outside of this board, etc., but at least admit that that's what it is, or at least that's how it started.

Third, I don't think it's of any consequence. It seems like it's (the "bobd" signature) morphed into something else, where it's really not intended now to instigate, as much as it is a joke. I can understand that the Audioris might get a little stung when they see it, and other minor comments they see, but you've got to let it go.

The CD was late. It should not have been. However, it was not intentional.

People got a little nasty. They shouldn't have, but now, as far as I can tell, it's over.

Can't all you guys, and I mean all of you, let this thing go already?

If you post after this, saying that you have let it go, you really haven't!!!! Big Grin

Whether or not Terry was right or wrong, he really has the last laugh here. He admonished a group of people on a CD that has, at the very least, sold thousands of copies. I bet he has at least a little chuckle about that! Big Grin Now I'm trying to figure out how to get myself into a Terry Scott Taylor tune. Something like this, perhaps:

I looked through a window and I saw into heaven
(Sweet) MarkyMark77 in a stain-glass reflection
Out over the gate we saw angels in the garden
We're gazing at a distance at our own resurrection

or maybe this:

Put a lid on it baby
Zip it up, lose the key
Who invited you anyway?
It sure wasn't me
Your long stories are boring,
that jokes obnoxious at best
Put a lid on it MarkyMark77,
give your pie hole a rest

or maybe this:

i love the simple things you say
and you never seem to get in the way
no one is quite like you
compassionate and true
"just as i am", i say
i love you, MarkyMark77

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 03-28-2008 11:06.

03-28-2008 10:28 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bravo!

i am also a
bodr! Pleased

bobd

03-28-2008 11:36 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Yes, that song is about looking at things from a spiritual perspective vs a fleshly one.
It is not by any means a song of moral equivalence.

I disagree.

Circle takes the square!

03-28-2008 23:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal

i am also a
bodr! Pleased

I am a
bosa! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 03-28-2008 23:37.

03-28-2008 23:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

The CD took longer than was intended, but it wasn't late. There was no release date, ever. It was always pretty much an open ended.. when there is enough money it will be done. Which is exactly what we were announcing the whole time, how close to that goal we were, and it was exactly what eventually happened.

On the BOBD signatures, my original point is not that its some extremely hurtful thing to us or Terry. I frankly see it as a pretty lame attempt at a dig, but it is a dig. My real point is that, since it IS a dig, anyone with that signature cannot tell anyone else to "let it go" or say they have "let it go" without being hypocritical.

As long as some still fling their little darts of hatred in our direction we will know its not over, the day they stop is the day it will be over.

03-28-2008 23:38 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Yes, that song is about looking at things from a spiritual perspective vs a fleshly one.
It is not by any means a song of moral equivalence.

I disagree.

And you would be wrong.

03-28-2008 23:39 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 12 13 [14] 15 16 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH