Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Swirling Eddies CCM Cover » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies CCM Cover 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Swirling Eddies CCM Cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, so CCM decided to have this fun innocent contest... the idea is that readers design "fake" magazine covers and then let people vote on which one they like the best.

As far as I know, theres no reward or prize or anything - but we thought it'd be funny to create a Swirling Eddies cover and see if we could get some votes. While designing one, we then it'd be funny just to have Camarillo's midget on the cover of CCM Magazine.. If nothing else, it might make a bunch of people go "gee... I've never heard of that band before, who is it?" Who knows - maybe they'll print the winner in the regular magazine or something.

So... if anyone feels like voting.... Big Grin

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/entertainment...ries1/11548695/

We're at a disadvantage from the start because some of these designs have been up since early July. They just "approved" this one.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-23-2007 10:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sweet. i will mess with it from home tonight.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-23-2007 10:42 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Did my duty as a fan today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I voted on the CCM site for the Swirling Eddie midget/troll creature.

I purchased three items from the DA store

Tonight, I will set up a tent besides my mailbox and wait...wait and grow stinky for the postman to deliver the new cd.
07-24-2007 19:02 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"the Tuxedo Clad Megastar & DC Talk Do Stuff"

Awesome! Whoever put that on there should get a prize!

Seriously, nice work. That is cool.

BOBD

07-25-2007 08:37 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: Swirling Eddies CCM Cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh dear Lord, that magazine is still alive?

07-25-2007 10:34 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not only is it still around the editor is a DA fan and has been here to the board a few times. It has a pretty large circulation.

07-25-2007 11:05 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Not only is it still around the editor is a DA fan and has been here to the board a few times. It has a pretty large circulation.

who is the current editor ? I forgot...

07-25-2007 11:12 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

Jay Swartzendruber

dit, dit, doo
07-25-2007 11:43 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

quote:

Good for them....and us, I guess.
I used to have a subscription way back in tha day. But the lack of attention paid to "less than mainstream" music drove me to the alt-zines.

I've been out of touch with a lot of mainstream stuff these days. We now have a mega-church in town that has a REAL rock band for the youth worship, complete with multi-mixed-media lightshows, screens, and even a disco ball.

Wish we'd had sumpin' like that back in tha day.......and to think of all the time I wasted on some of those same folk as to the blessings of Christian Rock.

07-25-2007 11:50 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

i would love to vote for SE, but couldn't bring myself to create a login there Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-25-2007 12:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

The the Tuxedo Clad Megastar and DC Talk references may be a little dated... Big Grin I don't know if they're still making music or not, but thats the magazine I remember. I also spelled Steven Curtis Chapman's name wrong... ("PH" instead of the "V").. oh well..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-25-2007 12:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jordan2
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-27-2007

quote:

yeah,i know,It has a pretty large circulation! Cool

07-27-2007 04:44 jordan2 is offline Search for Posts by jordan2 Add jordan2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Swirling Eddies CCM Cover

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH