Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 16 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.88
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:
Originally posted by The Trouble With X
quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
Somebody is already

Cashing IN!

And I still haven't even gotten mine yet. Boo. (I'm not whining; just anxious to get it!)

Me neither.... I thought that when I didn't get it at Sunday's concert, it would be OK because it would be waiting for me when I came home from vacation. D'oh! I feel like Homer Simpson.

My wife just called to inform me it came in today. WooHoo! I feel like Homer Simpson.

07-28-2007 15:23 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I did something to cause the USPS to hate me. Could they be a tad ticked that I've had eight different addresses in the past 18 months? I never received my grad school admissions notification letter, and that was coming from barely forty miles away. I can only imagine what might've happened between Missouri and Virginia...
07-28-2007 16:18 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I like! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, just got mine today!

Spinning Madonna Inn right now. Different, eerie, MSM so far doesn't disappoint. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Okay, will someone please tell me the mystery players? I don't want to spoil anything, but I think I can make an intelligent guess on "derry air"...
Shocked

07-28-2007 17:33 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Ooo yeah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just loooooove 'medley'!

07-28-2007 17:42 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Sorry, one more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

'humble man' - another AWESOME one! Are you getting the idea I'm going crazy over this recording?

I hope I convince someone on the edge to take the leap...

07-28-2007 17:52 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Mine came today. I was working on a construction project and my wife was kind enough to put it on my iPod so I could listen whilst I worked! Love it!

-jolly
07-28-2007 20:51 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Mine came today. I've already put it on my ipod and made a CD-R for the car.

Pleased

07-28-2007 21:31 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

http://www.madonnainn.com/tour/137.asp

Caveman Room is one of the favorites: It offers a cave-like atmosphere, with solid rock floors, walls and ceilings! Even a rock shower, where you can relax under a waterfall of warm water from above. The basins are solid rock and water flows down the rock to the basin below. A custom hand-crafted stained glass window lets soft, natural light into this truly unique setting.

This bathroom is one of the many unique features of the Caveman Room.

100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
Phone: (800)543-9666 or (805)543-3000
Fax: (805)543-1800
E-mail: info@madonnainn.com

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-28-2007 21:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Phy Phy is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-494.jpg

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, Captain ADD here was completely out of the loop. Apparently:

[21:25] Egnix: np: the midget, the speck & the molecule
[21:25] myriadphy: the what?
[21:26] Egnix: the midget,
[21:26] Egnix: , the speck
[21:26] Egnix: & the molecule
[21:26] myriadphy: whoa
[21:26] myriadphy: i didn't know it was out
[21:27] Egnix: yup
[21:27] myriadphy: how is it?
[21:27] Egnix: only on track 2
[21:28] myriadphy: well, i'll be dipped
[21:29] myriadphy: i went out to the mailbox, and what did I see?
[21:30] myriadphy: i went out earlier today and nothing was there. I guess the mail was late today
[21:30] myriadphy: but oh so effective. I've got it!
[21:31] Egnix: :-D
[22:05] myriadphy: I'm glad to hear something with a little more energy and pace from Terry and the boys. The LD stuff is good, but I really most like the harder, edgier stuff. This is a breath of fresh, rocky, air

07-28-2007 22:10 Phy is offline Send an Email to Phy Homepage of Phy Search for Posts by Phy Add Phy to your Buddy List Add Phy to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Phy: MyriadPhy YIM Account Name of Phy: bio_phy View the MSN Profile for Phy
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Ive heard all the tracks..
I think every song is top rate (well with THAT exception- though its a great sounding song..perhaps with the old
"
Your the ***** who named me Sue"
or
"Dont give me that Do Goodie Good Bull***"
censorship I can make it work..

Its a (gup- I'll say it!) WELL WORTH WAITING FOR Rockin Ready recording..

Verry Eddies..and Very Good..

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-29-2007 13:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Cool Cool

07-29-2007 14:32 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phy
[22:05] myriadphy: I'm glad to hear something with a little more energy and pace from Terry and the boys. The LD stuff is good, but I really most like the harder, edgier stuff. This is a breath of fresh, rocky, air

amen.. Cool

Cool
08-01-2007 19:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i'll join that amen chorus.

08-01-2007 19:12 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Amen

08-01-2007 19:45 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I am working on my review of the album, but may not actually get it posted here for a couple of days.

08-01-2007 21:28 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I wish to post some detail thoughts after a bit more study on the lyrical content..
but what is initially sticking out (fer me) is the wonderful "continuation" idea..
this is me now...

but snow in a can reminds me of a Snowball reprise

and the entire hitchiker theme (which I love btw..I mean really love) - to me is the continuation of the Urban Legend...when I picked up~!

and title track is threaded so wonderfully into that thought ...It just brings the Eddies up to date for me..

Love the LP (He heeeee)
love the band.....

08-02-2007 09:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I am working on my review of the album, but may not actually get it posted here for a couple of days.

I am with you on that Sir Markness....

I believe with each major release one must take time to savor all of the intricacies of said release. Personally I like to listen many times over; each in a new venue (if you will). Just yesterday for example I was able to listen to MSM without interruption while cleaning my garage. I currently have it playing on my pc as I type this and later today I plan to listen again on my iPod while mowing the grass.

As with a fine wine, one must not pass judgment so quickly. One must look at the bottle and labeling, examine the cork, allow the wine to breathe, observe the color and body, and inhale the bouquet, all before even tasting it.

These Swirlistic Masters we all so dearly love and admire have once again presented us with a gift of Love Grapes. The question is this vintage Dom. Romane Conti 1997 ($1,540 a bottle) or Boones Farm Strawberry Hill ($3.97 a bottle).

Before we all quickly cast our pious and sanctimonious critiques of MSM, take time and let’s spin the CD a time or two more… let the rhythms take you, listen to the bass line and grasp the essence of what Sir Cam is trying to communicate.

Whoa Nelly,
Shemp
08-02-2007 09:18
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

As with a fine wine, one must not pass judgment so quickly. One must look at the bottle and labeling, examine the cork, allow the wine to breathe, observe the color and body, and inhale the bouquet, all before even tasting it.

(or just another drunk a drinkin.......)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 08-02-2007 14:19.

08-02-2007 14:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I agree with all of that, usually with an album I absorb the mood first. Then I start grasping sort of the general direction or overall 'theme' which is probably a representation of where the lyrisist might happen to be at the time of writing. Then I start pondering the details of lyrics and applying them to situations and disecting them in my head. The whole time I play the album over and over and over, at home and in the car.

I've said this before but with Terry I generally think there is often a surface point and an underlying point to each song. Sort of like he may be telling the story of something that actually happened and making an obvious point there, but also using that situation as an example of a deeper point that applies spiritually and universally. Sort of a here is what happened in my life and some of what I learned. Or here is where we all are as fallen children, but by pointing that out the point is really that we shouldn't be like that. Something like "Mall All Over The World" or "Real Girls" are not only a true commentary on what is happening in the world they are an example of what is going wrong with the world. How we have things backwards as a culture.

08-02-2007 14:56 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah..... the first time i played dfbb i was disappointed...
cuz it wasn't like the alarma chronicles...
i was 18 then, so i didn't know anything...
several years later i realized it by far surpassed the alarma chronicles or anything Da has done before or after....
i loved mbd on the first listen, but have kinda grown tired of half the songs on that one.....
yeah, a good album has to be absorbed over time.... Cool
same thing with zoom daddy...
didn't like it so much at first cuz it wasn't like ls or oe....
then i read all the ranting and raving about it here by people like carl, and other people that know a lot more about music then i do...
so i played it again.... and again...
now it's my fav se cd.....
although that may change shortly....
too soon to say...... Big Grin

Cool
08-02-2007 15:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH