Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs summer tour schedule! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs summer tour schedule! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

medley of our hit is kind of a wacky artist letter Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-28-2007 10:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lost Dogs - First Presbyterian Church - Douglasville, GA - 7/22/07

So I planned another vacation around a Lost Dogs show (see last year's Tyler, TX review on MyBlog where subscriptions are still amazingly free). Lisa, Rachel, Reagan, & I stopped off in Douglasville, GA to see Lost Dogs on our way to Jekyll Island to see beaches, waves, & turtles. Needless to say, Island Dreams was among the CD travel collection. The Dogs didn't play anything from it, of course. It was the most professional show in Douglasville that night, as Mike Roe (Dr. Love), Terry Scott Taylor (Uncle Terry), Derri Daugherty (Red Dog), & Steve Hindalong (Indie Hindie) took the stage......well, once they got the sound kinks worked out anyway. Terry was his usual mysterious self, educating us on trolley dodgers and Throne-O-Meters, sporting shades to hide his wrinkly facial features. Mike tore it up on Bullet Train, Get Me Ready, & Eleanor, It's Raining Now. Derri seemed at ease on the bass & Steve was nailing the skins. The highlight for me was No Room For Us. This song has become their best number live. Steve has fun with bells & various other items on it, too. On the encore, Reagan & I joined other audience members on stage to sing Breathe Deep & Knockin' On Heaven's Door. As usual, it was a fun time had by all. This time their stage was adorned by Michael Knott artwork they debuted at Cornerstone.

Afterwards, Derri was verri nice, assisting with my Custom Dogs CD (The Green Room Serenade Part Tour). I didn't get a chance to say anything to Steve. He seemed to be doing all the breakdown work while the other 3 were busy schmoozing, burning CDs, & giving autographs. Of course, he may still be on his probationary period with the Dogs. I don't know. Derri & I suggested to Mike that his daughter enroll at Belmont College so he could move to Nashville. I approached the great T.S. Taylor twice. The first time was with my daughters to introduce them to him (Mr. CatScratch soundtrack guy). They clammed up, obviously intimidated by his greatness. He mentioned how from his vantage point it appeared that my little one's head was floating down the side of the table because of her height in conjunction with the height of the table. The second time I approached him, I requested a DNA sample to go with my customized CD. He flatly rejected the request and I humbly apologized & bowed as I backed away.

It was good to get the CD (my wife got a tee shirt), see the guys play again, see my cyberbuddies David, Larry, & Anne Marie from Green Bracelet, and expose my daughters to some great music & a great band. Also, David Leonhardt from The 77's was in attendance, which was kinda cool.

Jekyll Island wasn't that bad, either.

07-28-2007 15:24 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Cool review, sounds like a great show!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-28-2007 21:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

For anyone that missed it.. Mike Roe on the radio here in St Louis. Even the Swirling Eddies are mentioned several times Big Grin

(Right click to save the mp3 to your hard drive)

http://www.TheLostDogs.com/LostDogsY98.mp3

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-29-2007 09:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs summer tour schedule!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH