Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Today » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Today
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Today sprinklerhead 05-27-2007 18:21
 RE: Today Gabriel Syme 05-28-2007 08:26
 RE: Today Mountain Fan 05-29-2007 12:44
 RE: Today sprinklerhead 05-29-2007 13:39
 RE: Today Mountain Fan 05-29-2007 14:34
 RE: Today Mountain Fan 05-29-2007 14:37
 RE: Today Mountain Fan 05-29-2007 14:39

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is Pentecost Sunday. I talked at church about how this day is as important as Christmas (incarnation day) and Easter (resurrection day) but it is usually neglected. It is important because it is the day that God's Spirit became available to all believers all the time. I think that is pretty significant and should be remembered. Someone said that it is neglected because it hasn't gone commercial. That is sad but probably true.

Anyway, since it was about God giving us the Holy Spirit, I played a recording of Mike and Terry singing Joel. Great song and a lot of people seemed to like it.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-27-2007 18:21 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

RE: Today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is melancholy, sprinklerhead, but I think its lack of commercial appeal is likely a big factor. On the other hand, one could argue that for all the talk about and hubub surrounding Easter and especially Christmas, those two holidays are neglected in their own way.

The call to worship yesterday was partly as litany based on the passage from Joel. I enjoyed hearing the Daniel Amos song in my head for the rest of the day.
05-28-2007 08:26 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

maybe we need a pentecostal bunny speaking in tongues with fire on its' ears and laying resurrection eggs to popularize the event?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-29-2007 12:44 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by sprinklerhead
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
maybe we need a pentecostal bunny speaking in tongues with fire on its' ears and laying resurrection eggs to popularize the event?

That's not quite what I was thinking. However, if there would be a market for crap like that, someone would try to capitalize on it.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-29-2007 13:39 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

This one looks like he could slay people in the spirit!

Got a few miles left ...

05-29-2007 14:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

This one could be a response to DA's music critics:

Got a few miles left ...

05-29-2007 14:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

These bunnies didn't fare so well. They must've been false prophets. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

05-29-2007 14:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Today

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH