Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD) 12 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great! thank you,
thank you very much.

Psalm 119:83
05-23-2007 09:07 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great DVD. I love every minute of it.
I will watch it again tonight.

08-07-2007 17:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I took advantage of the Swirling Eddies Celebration Sale and ordered one myself on Friday. Sounds like it will be money well spent!

-jolly
08-07-2007 21:26 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I think Terry was pretty amused when we were digging through tapes for stuff to include that it would be a bizarre complilation of really weird stuff. I do think even though the looks and styles change you can see that the guys personalities never really changed. They are consistantly inconsistant.

I like the Terry interviews Terry segment, its long, but if we were to cut parts out I wouldn't know what parts to cut. It was I believe a BAI promo type of thing either to send out or use at GMA or something. There were several tapes of weird BAI stuff, even one with all the BAI artists doing some sort of really (purposely) bad "we are the world" type of thing.

08-07-2007 22:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
There were several tapes of weird BAI stuff, even one with all the BAI artists doing some sort of really (purposely) bad "we are the world" type of thing.

I would love to see that. I bet it was hilarious.
Big Grin

08-08-2007 09:31 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

there is some great stuff on the disc! and you guys did a great job on the artwork!

08-20-2007 23:59 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

I recieved my copy yesterday... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

..and could not wait to watch it.

I now have an odd sense of a glimpse into some rather intimate world of Daniel Amos.
I kinda feel like I've been invited over for dinner with some of the most influential musicians, in my own life. I almost feel like I've been eaves-dropping on some personal conversations.

BTW, the church did seem to be a bit "square" back then, huh? Even into the 80's? Still having to explain the art of making thought-provoking music to the church? Good grief.

The Calvary Chapel Jesus Music Reunion in 1999 was a quite a highlight. Andrew Pickett did well filling in on lead guitar.

12-17-2007 13:50 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
flyingcatcomics flyingcatcomics is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-03-2008

Just placed my order for ITF on December 16th and eagerly awaiting the package! Never saw the band live, I usually found out a day or two after...figures! Murphy's Law at work occassionally.....They appeared at Eastern College, near St. Davids in the Philly suburbs back in the Horrendous Disc period...such is life!
But, I did catch a blazing show with Savoy Brown & Mott the Hoople at the Valley Forge Music Fair in '73! Savoy blew the power out for a short time! Ahhh, those were da days......
*Note: the pic is me with former Renassiance lead vocalist Annie Haslem at a small club in the northeastern Philly suburbs circa 1990!

flyingcatcomics has attached this image (reduced version):
Annie_haslam_pic_1.jpg

01-03-2008 19:31 flyingcatcomics is offline Send an Email to flyingcatcomics Homepage of flyingcatcomics Search for Posts by flyingcatcomics Add flyingcatcomics to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of flyingcatcomics: flyingcatcomics View the MSN Profile for flyingcatcomics
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by flyingcatcomics
Never saw the band live

Blessed are those that have not seen and are still fans. Or something like that.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
01-03-2008 19:55 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Amen.

01-03-2008 23:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
flyingcatcomics flyingcatcomics is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-03-2008

The new DVD..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just rec'd the ITF yesterday 1-7-08. Initially it did not want to track prioperly but I threatened to put election coverage on instead, either that or Underworld! Thankfully it finally saw the light and played well with others! Kudu's on those involved in the production, an interesting cross sections from the pages of history. A great touch was the footage from the Jesus People Reunion from '99 and the original gang doing "Walls of Doubt", etc....a nice moment in time! Waiting for the sequel.......

Tripp,
Waterford, CA

01-08-2008 13:24 flyingcatcomics is offline Send an Email to flyingcatcomics Homepage of flyingcatcomics Search for Posts by flyingcatcomics Add flyingcatcomics to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of flyingcatcomics: flyingcatcomics View the MSN Profile for flyingcatcomics
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

a question... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who was Donnie Wadknocker? and did he also have an actual injured leg as he accompanied DA on "A New Car" on slide trombone?

01-30-2008 23:00 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I'm pretty sure... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He is the Leo that the Choir sings about in "Everybody in the Band."

01-31-2008 06:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

(ode to road manager types)

Everybody in the band appreciates Marc

In tears for man's condition
He drives the van all night
Even when the mix is bad
He says it sounds alright

And everybody in the band appreciated Leo
And everybody in the band appreciates Marc

01-31-2008 07:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Yup. Leo Sorentino... also found on the cover of one of DA's albums. That album was... anyone? Anyone?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-31-2008 18:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yup. Leo Sorentino... also found on the cover of one of DA's albums. That album was... anyone? Anyone?

Vox Humana

01-31-2008 18:47 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Vox Humana

That's my guess too! Pleased

01-31-2008 23:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen this yet -- how much is covered from the HD era? I'd love to see some live footage from back then...
04-04-2008 10:56 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

It seems they sing "I Believe in you" in the early Calvary Chapel days.

04-06-2008 12:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah its a live Calvary Chapel performance.

04-06-2008 23:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH