Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD) 12 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>> NEW DVD FROM DANIEL AMOS & STUNT RECORDS!

"Instruction Through Film," a brand new compilation of concert performances, interviews, home movies, oddball oddities and more is now shipping.

This DVD includes many never-before-seen treasures from DA's long history, including performances in the early Calvary Chapel days, interviews, music festival performances, home movies of band rehearsals and road trips, Album cover photo sessions, promotional films, clips from rare short films and more. Songs include: I Believe In You, 'Aint Gonna Fight It, Happily Married Man, Black Gold Fever, Walls of Doubt, Darn Floor - Big Bite, Real Girls, New Car!, Sanctuary, I Didn't Build It For Me and more!

The DVD is "region free," and should play on any DVD player.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-07-2007 18:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got mine yesterday & just finished watching it.
This DVD is an excellent chronology of Daniel Amos. Very humorous & entertaining. Lots of wacky inserts throughout (I didn't realize how difficult it was for the 4 guys to squeeze their fat heads into that Darn Floor-Big Bite shot). From the early days of country/swing/soft jazz Daniel Amos to the keyboard-laden pop/punk of the Alarma! era to the grungier theme albums of the 90s, this perspective covers many years & many stages.
The constants throughout are Terry Scott Taylor & Ed McTaggart. A definite buy for the fan, this DVD would also resonate well with any Christian music fan that possesses a sense of humor.
The biggest frustration is that there is way too much material that must be left out due to the bands extensive volume of work. They really deserve more of a DVD box set. Also, I was hoping for some Swirling Eddies material but those guys are just too mysterious & evasive, I reckon.

05-12-2007 15:20 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just read your post that you got yours, so I ran to check my mail. Mine hasn't shown up yet. Crying

05-12-2007 16:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

A bunch have gone out. We spent most of one evening filling em. The Eddies stuff, yeah we had a few bits of Eddies footage we thought of putting in there but mostly it was cut for lack of quality. We will probably put some stuff we didn't use on youtube soon or somewhere.

05-14-2007 00:55 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I got mine today. I'm loving it. But, what's the story behind the easter egg clip? Confused

05-14-2007 18:02 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

maybe tomorrow...
05-14-2007 20:44 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Real Girls Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got mine today! Great stuff. the first fan tribute 1987 of "I love You #19" was cool. Which there was some footage from Cornerstone 2000 though.

Who was real girls girl?
05-14-2007 21:07 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question RE: Daniel Amos - Instruction Through Film (DVD) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

will there be copies at the dogs show at theo's church next week? Cool

bobd

05-14-2007 21:48 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Not sure. The Dogs don't currently have any with them.. but we'll probably be talking to Roe soon about stuff like that. If they want some, they'll get them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-14-2007 22:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
But, what's the story behind the easter egg clip? Confused

Hehe.. maybe its better left unexplained...

05-14-2007 22:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want the big time,.....

Hide the beer.....

Cool
05-15-2007 10:28 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

When I'm Blowing Smoke Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 05-15-2007 13:56.

05-15-2007 13:39 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Crinklepot Crinklepot is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 04-17-2002

I like the interview with the interviewee.
05-21-2007 15:56 Crinklepot is offline Send an Email to Crinklepot Search for Posts by Crinklepot Add Crinklepot to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Crinklepot
I like the interview with the interviewee.

Yeah, that was quite a lengthy intro........... Big Grin

05-21-2007 16:17 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
RocketPacks
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-11-2007

I'm enjoying the video a lot. It is a shame that there isn't any films from the Motorcycle era.
05-21-2007 16:48 RocketPacks is offline Search for Posts by RocketPacks Add RocketPacks to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, it is. There were large time periods where pretty much nothing exists it seems like. But we did cover more time periods than we thought we would be able to.

05-21-2007 21:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
minutia minutia is a female
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-25-2007

So what is with the easter egg clip? Confused It repulses me, yet I cannot look away.
05-22-2007 15:28 minutia is offline Search for Posts by minutia Add minutia to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

^ Exactly! Shocked

05-22-2007 16:30 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Have not received mine yet - are they still being mailed out?

Don't have any hound dogs but I guess I could tell our Chihuahua to get out there and see if he can track it down. Just watch where you steppin'

Psalm 119:83
05-22-2007 22:54 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

I definitely remember seeing yours go out with a bunch of others. We've been a little backed up lately - up until this last Monday anyway.. so, that may have been the issue. It may have just went out a little later than it should have.

05-23-2007 02:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Instruction Through Film (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH