Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans 18 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, that much ahead of it's time? Shocked

(On a side note.. recording should now be underway...)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-05-2007 15:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I don't think we've reached the time of DFBB yet, however. Frown Wink Tongue

02-05-2007 16:50 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

well not sure how the eddies thing will turn out, you never know. But Camarillo said on the phone at one point he kind of would like it to go in a garage psychedelic direction I believe is how he put it. I am really, really looking forward to hearing whatever they come up with. I love the Lost Dogs stuff, but they can really turn loose more on an Eddies disc.

02-06-2007 14:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Zoom Daddy is awesome.

02-06-2007 17:06 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

As is OE!

02-06-2007 20:10 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Am I the only one who would like another Sacred Cow?

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-06-2007 22:05 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Administrator

I'd like it, but only as an extra thing while recording something else... it's too hard to get them all in the studio to only get Sacred Cows II out of it... in my opinion.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-06-2007 22:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

ditto. if they want to toss out a couple bonus tracks that's fine, but I don't find sacred cows to be the kind of meat I'm hungry for.
02-06-2007 22:29 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Speaking of Sacred Cows, I've never heard it. Is there any place I can get a copy? I've also only heard the songs from OE that are on Berry Vest.

I don't know exactly what garage psychedelic means, but it sounds great.

To echo Jason, I really like the Dogs, but I miss hearing Greg Flesch's guitar parts on their albums. Lots of his parts from DFBB are permanently engraved in my brain, which explains a lot. Tongue

02-06-2007 23:29 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Sacred Cows was the Eddies purposely performing certain CCM songs almost without trying. I think I remember them saying they listened to the songs with headphones on and played along with them. Its funny and weird, but not like a regular album. There are some classic moments on it, the "I Love crap Music" thing was great. "God Good Devil Bad" is a favorite of mine. I know Tom Gulotta said at least one person returned the CD actually smashed, its a thing you either love or hate I think.

Outdoor Elvis has quite a few great things on it, its a pretty full CD. Unfortunately we don't have any of either of them, ebay is the best bet until we can either get ahold of some or get them in print.

02-07-2007 00:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Oe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's been some talk about who owns what DA albums. Who owns the SE discs? Is it KMG, or someone else? I would think that getting Outdoor Elvis in print would be just as significant as Horrendous Disc or DFBB (not that I wouldn't like them all to be in print, but, I digress.)

What would it take to do a OE re-issue?

02-08-2007 10:20 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

My poor Outdoor Elvis cassette is shot.

What would it take to get OE back in print? Or the first eddies disc?

Those were the albums that first tuned me in to Terry and his amazing work.

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
02-08-2007 10:56 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
Administrator

Lets Spin and OE are KMG. We're going to see if we can work out something with KMG once we finish the reissue we're working on right now (which has a deadline built into the contract, by the way.. so we have to do it quickly if its going to happen).

02-08-2007 15:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Also the cool thing about Horrendous Disc is that there is another album worth of unreleased material. Of course if this reissue falls through, then we could always do something with that stuff.

02-08-2007 16:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'd love it if you could do like 6 versions of one Larry Norman Song on the reissue.

02-08-2007 17:04 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I'd love it if you could do like 6 versions of one Larry Norman Song on the reissue.

ROFL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

02-08-2007 17:39 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

The 70's Daniel Amos cowboy version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The late 70's Rock Opera version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The early 80's new wave rock version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The Talking-heads-esque version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The DFBB version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The highly produced beatles-esque version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The 90's grunge/live version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The Bud spoken-ish version of "Why Should the Devil..."
The Bud acoustic version of "Why Should the Devil..."

And all washed down with the Sacred Cows version of "Why Should the Devil..."

02-08-2007 18:41 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Longstride Longstride is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-414.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Outdoor Elvis on CD is one of my life's greatest wishes. It was my first SE/DA album, and I'm afraid the next time I put in that old cassette will be the last.

Host of Digital Pillage on the former WRVU, 91.1 FM, Nashville.
02-21-2007 18:32 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
Administrator

By the way, would anyone be interested in Miracle Faith Telethon reissued? Anyone miss that one?

02-21-2007 23:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I paid $NZ125 for my copy so any re-release will hurt it's resale value. Tongue

But seriously if it'll do the band good go for it. I won't be a purchaser though - unless there is a bonus disk of extra material (and not just more Dr but songs etc)

02-22-2007 01:50 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH