Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Book a Lost Dogs Show! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Book a Lost Dogs Show!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Book a Lost Dogs Show! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs are heading to the East Coast at the end of April and found themselves with a couple of empty dates while in Virginia that they are eager to fill. They're playing in Richmond and Vienna and we are looking to book a couple of shows within one-day's driving distance from either of those places.

They're available to play Sunday, April 29th and Monday, April 30th. Maybe one of you could hook 'em up with a Sunday evening church service? Or Monday evening would be superb. Even a house concert!

If any of you are interested in taking the plunge, let me know immediately. We'd be willing to work with you to make it happen.

Thanks!

And, yes, they really are opening for Weird Al.

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
04-13-2007 13:46 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any details or contact info on the shows already scheduled?

No additional info on the LD site today either. I am particularly interested in the 4/28 Richmond date.

4/28 (Sat) Richmond, VA @ Starbucks Series
5/01 (Tue) Vienna, VA @ Jammin Java
5/02 (Wed) Richmond, VA – opening for Weird Al

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-17-2007 16:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

couldn't find any info on
www.richmond.com
either

and this still says Weird Al's special guest is TBA. I hadn't heard of that band before. Tongue Big Grin
http://www.ticketstobuy.com/store/prodde...50207way-iah-ga

Got a few miles left ...

04-18-2007 14:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Any info on the PA show?

04-19-2007 13:29 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Book a Lost Dogs Show! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
And, yes, they really are opening for Weird Al.

What's next???

04-19-2007 18:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

oh geez...wish I'd seen this a week ago. I live in VB, but not sure I could get 'em booked in a week. How does this normally work? Would someone need to guarantee a certain amount of money up front?
04-19-2007 22:19 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

If theres any show I'd like a bootleg of it's the Weird Al one.

04-19-2007 23:52 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by The Trouble With X
oh geez...wish I'd seen this a week ago. I live in VB, but not sure I could get 'em booked in a week. How does this normally work? Would someone need to guarantee a certain amount of money up front?

Generally a certain amount is paid up front... plus hotel rooms, meals, etc would have to be arranged. I don't know the specifics of this tour, but, if ya wanna contact Linda I'm sure she'd be happy to fill you in on the details.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-19-2007 23:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

April 28 show details Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I did more web searching and found the below info. I don't know anything other than we are planning on going.

===============

http://www.stgiles.org/Music.htm

Saturday, April 28

Starbucks 2007
Coffeehouse Series Returns!
Doors open at 7pm.
Show starts at 7:30pm.

The Lost Dogs
This truly unique group performs traditional American music
(country, folk, blues, rock) with a decidedly modern feel.
Complimentary coffee and pastries provided by Starbucks!

Tickets: $8 in advance, $10 at the door.
St. Giles Church - 804-282-9763
5200 Grove Ave.
Richmond, VA 23226
Online: www.ticketstobuy.com or Call: 804-794-6700.
re info on www.seaofsound.com

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 04-24-2007 11:54.

04-24-2007 11:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

New Date 4/30 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

new date Mon Apr 30th

show starts 8 PM
$15 cover (I think)

Broad River Coffee Co.
105 S. Main Street
Boiling Springs, NC

http://broadrivercoffee.com/home.html

Got a few miles left ...

04-24-2007 12:18 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is anyone else actually planning on attending any of these east coast Dogs shows? Smile

Got a few miles left ...

04-25-2007 09:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

4/28 (Sat) Starbucks Coffee Series
St Giles Presbyterian Church, 5200 Grove Ave, Richmond, VA
7:30 pm
$8 adv/$10 door
http://ticketstobuy.com/store/proddetail...d=042807-sgp-ga
Complimentary coffee and pastries with admission provided by Starbucks

4/30 (Mon) Broad River Coffee Co.
105 South Main Street, Boiling Spring, NC
8:30 pm
$15
Email for tickets sriverbrew@aol.com, or call 704-692-1066
Directions at http://www.broadrivercoffee.com

5/01 (Tues) Jammin Java
227 Maple Ave E, Vienna, VA
8 pm
$10 adv/$12 door
With special guests Dennis Crommet (from the Winterpills) + Rebecca
Loebe
http://www.jamminjava.com

5/02 (Wed) Opening for WEIRD AL
Innsbrook Pavillion, 4901 Lake Brook Drive,Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
$10 adv/$15 gate
Gold Circle $35
http://innsbrookafterhours.com/content/index.php
Buy tickets:
http://www.ticketstobuy.com/store/prodde...50207way-iah-ga

5/25 (Fri) Meadow Springs Community Church
12647 SW 62nd Ave, Portland, OR 97219
730pm
$15 - buy 4, get one free

5/26 (Sat) Quincy Free Methodist Church
301 "I" St SW, Quincy, WA
7pm
Free-will offering (suggested donation $10/ea)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-25-2007 16:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I'm going to be at the April 28th show. I'm looking foward to it, as this will be the first time I've seen any of the Dogs live...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Trouble With X: 04-25-2007 20:36.

04-25-2007 20:35 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Is the PA show not happening?

04-25-2007 20:38 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by The Trouble With X
I'm going to be at the April 28th show. I'm looking foward to it, as this will be the first time I've seen any of the Dogs live...

maybe we'll see you there.

that's my wife front and center and me front, right (with Steve, Mike, Derri, and Terry round about Cool )
(yeah, i know it's a small avatar but I can't remember where a bigger version might be at Red Face Big Grin )

Got a few miles left ...

04-26-2007 15:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Josh&etc
Is the PA show not happening?

according to the lost dogs site, it is a private show

Got a few miles left ...

04-26-2007 15:11 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Richmond 4/28 Sat review Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Richmond 4/28 show was awesome. It was decently attended for the size of the venue (small theater size with elevated stage). The sound was really good too, especially compared to some of the smaller shows. Even though it was only the second night, the guys sounded fairly tight and really good. They played "No Room for Us" which was one of my favorite slower, earlier songs and I don't think I ever heard them play live. Off the new disc, they played Broken Like Brooklyn, Devil's Elbow, That's Where Jesus Is, and Get Me Ready. Terry introduced Get Me Ready by saying something like punk started in the valley that later became known as silicon valley in CA (can't remember what he said the real name of that valley was). Terry screamed about as good as Mike on Get Me Ready - i didn't know he had that good of a scream in him! At one point before they started a song, Derri said he was getting buzzed and it was Tim Chandler. I wished he had put him on speaker and told him to say hi to the audience or something. Big Grin

Other songs I remember them doing (in no particular order).
Bad Indigestion
Moses in the Desert
Joel
If You Loved Here
Free Drinks and A Dream
Golden Dreams
*Eleanor, It's Raining Now
In the Distance
Wild Ride
Ain't Gonna Fight It
If You Want To
maybe A Certain Love, can't remember
at least a few others too

Honeysuckle Breeze is a personal favorite of mine, but them doing No Room For Us more than made up for not doing that one. I kind of wished they had done a couple more off NCT, perhaps Be My Hiding Place or Crushing Hand, other personal favorites of mine.

hope to post some pics or something else before too long (We had to buy a new camera only a couple of nights previous and that morning had to get a new memory card because the camera didn't recognize our old one. Then, the "pre-charged" rechargeable NiMH batteries were going out after only a few pics so I ran out and got some batteries after a few songs into the opening act and made it back before the Dogs came on. technology Frown Red Face ).

oh, Derri had a full beard and white Converse sneakers instead of sandals. The beard looked a lot cooler on him than I thought it would. He is really friendly and cool to talk to (and actually recognized us!).

Terry had slightly larger glasses than the ones from the show nearly a couple of years before that we promoted (he had them for the first time on that tour).

Mike had a small fan onstage at floor level to move some air up his way that i hadn't noticed before.

Terry mentioned some new stuff he had planned for the future. It sounded like it was just in the early stages and had yet to take form. He did seem to brighten up some (from being *tired after performing) and get excited talking about it, though. Terry is so neat.

More progress should be made on the new Eddies stuff soon (but probably not completely finished).

Summer tour is being planned before & after C-stone.

------

The also had a neat duo open for them. I'll post their details later to be sure I get them right instead of going from memory. John's guitar sounded really great (a sweet Larrivee that he fingerpicked on some tunes) and his voice reminded me a little of Lyle Lovett at times, except his was smoother than Lyle's. Kim's voice was solid and they sounded great together. She added some percussion to some of the songs. They were talented and enjoyable (as well as open and friendly) and after the show we went to the bar/restaurant where they were playing until 12 AM and got us some grub. They did both some original tunes as well as covers, from country to Fleetwood Mac's Landslide and Little Feat's Dixie Chicken.

edit:
Opener info to 4/28 Richmond show:
John Fetherston guitar & vocal, Kim Tiller percussion & vocal

Fetherston Music Services
3201 Glenlake Dr
Glen Allen, VA 23060
804-677-4727
jpfethers@wans.net

Evidently they play at Tobacco Company Restaurant some:
http://www.richmond.com/localdirectory/L...address_id=9324
May 2007 Band Schedule
5/8 John Fetherston & Chris Lucas
5/22 John Fetherston & Kim Tiller
5/23 The John Fetherston Band

"coming soon" page at:
http://www.seaofsound.com/artists/johnfetherston.htm

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 05-01-2007 10:35.

04-30-2007 10:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

here are some pics as well as my personal take on the concert.

i think that was the best dogs concert we've ever been to. the sound guy was wonderful ~ had the guys' guitars and voices mixed almost perfectly. the concert was in an auditorium at a presbyterian church. we got there early and were able to get a seat up front and center. after the show, i went to the bathroom and by the time i got back, mike was walking back out. we ran up there and talked to him a little. he used a piece of duct tape on the front of his guitar to hold the cord to his pickup in place, so i asked him about it. we had to reassure him that it didn't look bad ~ i only noticed it during the 2nd or 3rd from the last song, and that was after the encore. mike moved on and we saw derri walk past the door and continue down a corridor. mf walked over and looked down the corridor at the moment derri stopped and turned around, so he waved at him. then i stepped over to see why mf was waving and saw derri. he was on his cell phone and he immediately hung up and came into the auditorium. when he reached the door (across the auditorium ~ which wasn't too big but still a little ways), he spoke out, "hey, i thought that was you guys on the front row!" and he walked over and gave me a big hug. then we chatted a bit before mf took our picture, so i now have an updated derri pic. then we caught up with terry and he actually told us about their debut show the night before. he was a little bummed because most of the people there didn't know who they were. he said it was nice to have such a great show on the second night after that because they were wondering if they were losing their touch. i know i'm a little biased, but i thought they were dead-on and like a good wine, aged but better than ever.

some of these pics are a little blurry because we just got a new camera thursday night and didn't really have time to figure it out. still, most of them are pretty good.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-01-2007 01:05 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Cool excellent pics Smile

05-01-2007 08:25 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

When did Greg Allman join the band?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-01-2007 09:01 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Book a Lost Dogs Show!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH