Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

Amazing how little it has changed.
06-26-2017 07:20 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool. Thank you for taking the time to get this pic.

06-27-2017 07:39 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

I got the latest Kickstarter update this week. It sounds like we're a step closer to getting our goods! I'm excited. I've only heard this album once in my life; a girl I knew in college had it on LP.
11-23-2017 11:13 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

This will be like nothing ever reissued before. It will definately be worth the wait.

11-23-2017 11:52 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Glad to hear it! I was starting to think you guys flew off with the dough to Java. *

*The lepers get NOTHING.

11-26-2017 15:11 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Isn't Java that big fat slug from....no! Wrong name.

It's a weird programming language?

It's French for where Haile Selassie went?

Oh. It's a place. Where the Audioris have taken my Kickstarter money. Well, that's fine with me. Have a good time there boys. My uncle Hannibal lives near there.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
11-26-2017 23:00 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

does this mean i finally get my secret decoder ring uncle terry promised me back in '79 when he told me, "son you look like you need a secret decoder ring. i think i can help you out if you'll just take this bag of freshly printed hundred dollar bills over to the drug store there and ask for a guy named Louie Louie. when he comes out hand him the bag and do what he tells you." so i did and i've been waiting for my ring ever since.

what?

Oh! Mr. Louie told me to go to this place called Solid Rock Records and tell a certain Norman Norman, "we got the dough, hand over the vinyl." So I did. I figured it was some luxury vinyl flooring for a mansion or something. Ever heard of it?

Psalm 119:83
11-27-2017 22:01 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Don’t know if this was mentioned elsewhere on the board, but I came across this today:

Horrendous Disc

11-28-2017 11:45 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thanks, jyroflux, for pointing that out. It was interesting.
11-28-2017 12:41 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

It’s actually almost entirely taken from the timeline.... which will soon be updated and corrected. The story is being told in more detail and accuracy than ever before in the photo book we’re doing for the deluxe horrendous disc. It’ll be worth picking up for those of you that didn’t get one of those tiers.there is a lot of new info that I haven’t heard anywhere before. We’ve also done our best to piece together how the album became the album we know.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2017 18:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

sounds yummy!

Psalm 119:83
11-28-2017 18:36 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Can't wait! But I have to.....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
11-29-2017 03:54 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Not sure where to drop this? It's Larry Norman information and I have a vague idea why he interfered with this album's release and may help explain some other of his erratic behavior.

I went to Jyroflux' link and went to the homepage for that blog, and found this blurb:

"Norman was reportedly injured during a plane landing at Los Angeles International Airport back in 1978. He claimed to have suffered mild brain damage and a spinal cord injury due to being hit by parts of the cabin's roof, and that this damage left him unable to complete projects and focus artistically". (about a third of the way down the page)

If he took up with DA and Horrendous Disk right after this, it might explain some of his erratic and destructive actions.

11-29-2017 09:03 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah it's an interesting story.

11-29-2017 09:36 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The story is being told in more detail and accuracy than ever before in the photo book we’re doing for the deluxe horrendous disc. It’ll be worth picking up for those of you that didn’t get one of those tiers.

So the book will be available separately at some point? I think I need to grab one of those.

11-29-2017 20:30 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Yes, it'll be available separately.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-29-2017 22:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

This will be a revelation for me. I think I posted elsewhere that I am almost wholly unfamiliar with HD and haven't been a fan long enough to get it when first released. It will be for me hearing it for the first time. And properly! I did read about how the first release was just botched. I have heard several isolated tracks though.

11-30-2017 00:33 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Yeah Solid Rock mentioned in the blurb about the first CD release of HD that the original was taken from a copy of a copy of a master. So not only was it not the correct master, it was an inferior lower speed copy.

11-30-2017 12:23 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

This is the original 2000 LN announcement of HD on CD;

We're happy to announce that the release of DANIEL AMOS' "HORRENDOUS DISC" album is coming out very soon with BONUS TRACKS and possibly on 2 CDs if everything can't be made to fit. There will be unreleased SOLID ROCK photos of the band in a luxurious presentation designed to satisfy everyone who has ever wanted the CD to be released. If you've been thinking of getting a bootleg version don't waste your money.
For years it was not possible to get out a quality release because of the condition of the tapes. You know we've had problems with a lot of the archives because the tapes needed baking. At the time we discovered the problem a convection oven cost was around $10,000 and needed a large space for what is basically a pizza oven.
The HORRENDOUS DISC is a pleasure to hear. The original Word pressings on SOLID ROCK were made from third or fourth generation copies. For some reason Word didn't wait for the master reel and made their pressings from an 8-Track sub-copy of a copy of a copy.
This HORRENDOUS DISC pressing is brilliant in sound. If Daniel Amos hasn't been appreciated as they should have been in the past twenty years, we hope that this will bring them the recognition and the accolades they deserve.
Terry Taylor is one of the smartest artists in the contemporary Christian scene. He has produced many other artists, including Randy Stonehill, and proved that he is capable of interpreting more than alternative music.
As Lewis Carroll said: Hooray, hooray, callooh, callay.
Save your pennies for one of the cornerstone albums of the last thirty
years.
Larry and Kerry and the Solid Rock Circle.
Larry Norman

11-30-2017 15:36 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I didn’t get the original CD version for whatever reason, but I did get the horrific 2nd version. I think it was labeled Historical Album Series or something. The sound is so bad I filed it away after a couple of plays.

12-01-2017 10:55 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH