Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Floor Big Curiosity
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dfbb was the first DA anything I ever bought.
So it may have been a bit more than I could chew the first time around.
Now it's my favorite recordCool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-19-2006 15:18.

12-19-2006 15:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HULLO-
DFBBers Dr and SS

I'd be willing to pay 20 dollars for the original..he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hello - ebay calling...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-19-2006 15:35.

12-19-2006 15:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

I found a real fun site for those who dig DFFB-
are you ready?????
(hang on to your collective hats here.....sheesh!)

http://www.av1611.org/cqguide.html

DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!

scared the carp outta me.....

Wink

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-19-2006 15:57 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I don't think they mentioned DA so we are still in the fold.
Thank the Lord.......
12-19-2006 16:48 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

They included them here... Frown

http://www.av1611.org/crock/cover_t.html

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-19-2006 16:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes

um... i would think terry would wear that as a badge of honor! Pleased

Cool
12-19-2006 17:12 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Those people have a lot in common with Koko the Gorilla, their understanding of music is about equal to her understanding of the earthquake.

12-19-2006 18:08 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wouldn't insult koko like that...........

Cool
12-19-2006 18:12 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

True Koko actually had a pretty good description and didn't pass judgement on the earthquake.

12-19-2006 18:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy

I have the CD and the record. I tend to listen to my backup CD of it most because I cranked the volume level up in my audio-editor.

I just find it interesting how this album gained such a draw, mostly from sources outside of the original release.

As for its weirdness, that was the major draw for me. With the synth-heavy previous DA releases, things were in lock-step with the sleek 80s (not necessarily a dig, mind you). DFBB came out with this off-kilter, angular sound that was in lock-step with NOTHING, sometimes not even itself. It was a true original in a landscape where everyone sounded so dang similar.

DwD
12-19-2006 18:54 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They included them here... Frown

http://www.av1611.org/crock/cover_t.html

woo-hoo, the lost dogs, DA, the choir, 77s and adam again all made that list. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-19-2006 23:22 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Oh for goodness sakes! Roll Eyes

12-20-2006 07:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

bye now
I have to leave and listen to a hymn...

(aint that site great????)

12-20-2006 09:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
bye now
I have to leave and listen to a hymn...

(aint that site great????)

some people just need to be taken out back and shot after they get saved, before they do too much damage! Shocked Tongue Big Grin

JK, of course! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-20-2006 12:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

I bought DFBB on vinyl when it first came out, having just recently become familiar with most of the DA back catalog. It has always been my favorite DA album. I now have a CDR backup of it.

As to the "odd" rhythm of "Safety Net": The verses have the drums keeping a steady 4/4 beat while everything else is in 7/8 (not the kind of thing you run into in CCM very often). When Greg starts doing the syncopated, stacatto chords in the middle of the last verse, it's one of my favorite musical moments EVER.

12-20-2006 12:27 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I had a nice movement recently myself.

12-20-2006 12:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Why do I keep trying to write seriously around you guys??

12-20-2006 12:38 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Why do I keep trying to write seriously around you guys??
Poor mammory, maybe?

12-20-2006 12:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

in the words of Joey..
this thread..
well-

hey - I'm listenin FTG....

12-20-2006 13:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Hey J
Looking at the list...
Jacobs Trouble doing "I Believe In You" by Bob Dylan! Yeah they're going straight to Purgatory,
And Dan Peek singing "Lonely People" by America, How dare he sing their so...wait a minute wasn't he in America? I guess he's going to hell twice. And of course DA doing "Surfing USA", Hey I thought that was a Christian song? Oh well time to get out the ol' Hymnal and double check.
12-20-2006 15:08 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH