Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc Re-release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right, when I said next year for SA, I didn't necessarily mean first thing. We could probably do a few reissues in between now and then if all works as planned.

But there does need to be a better version out there... the M8'ed release needs to be "replaced" as much as possible.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-07-2006 18:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Purists may not like M8, but I'm glad for the M8 versions of the stuff I have - because without the M8 versions I might not have them at all. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-07-2006 22:14 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

There were a few good releases, but the only things they did well were put together by other people.... anytime they had too much control or freedom, it pretty much sucked.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-07-2006 22:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

a sucky version is better than no version. of course no version available may have resulted in more illegally copied versions. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

12-07-2006 22:28 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

No doubt. But its still embarrassing.. you want to erase it from peoples memory as fast as possible with a really nicely done reissue.

12-07-2006 23:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

and we all really do appreciate your efforts! Pleased Cool

Got a few miles left ...

12-08-2006 00:07 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

It would be cool to have the HD, Alarma and DG radio shows with the re-issues. That is one very cool thing about the M8's version of Shotgun Angel. But otherwise, yes, M8 pretty much sucks.

12-08-2006 07:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Is is just me or is there no bottom end on the CD version of HD?
Is seems the LP version has a ton more bottom end than the disc.
Any thoughts?

yes the version you have is a little high, the second one with the oval blurb was a little better, remastered. Hopefully if al goes as planned they will use the remastered version of the album in this one we are planning.

Another reason to be bummed about getting the "Phan" version! Crying

quote:

As for Shotgun Angel, its easy to print because Terry & Maranatha! owns it. There are people that still are looking for it, and it will be the anniversary, and we actually had thought of a couple pretty cool ideas for it. Terry has somewhere a multitrack of the band performing it live with an orchestra, and we also had the idea of a surround sound mix.

I have read about that, very cool indeed! Pleased

12-08-2006 07:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

agree ~ a fully orchestrated Live thing would be very cool.

My SA CD is B4 the M8 version- my son picked it up in a bin ..
nothing extra on it- and the sound is good (perhaps a teensy bit flat??)
I beleive it says maranatha on it- but need to fine line it to see when and who.

I saw (at Cstone 05) a number of copies with Xeroxed covers...with even photocopied Terrys sig on it.....so perhaps a better version DOES need to get out there.
(and they wanted 25 bucks for these phoneys- !)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-08-2006 13:19.

12-08-2006 13:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

That *might* have been M8's CD of one of the radio shows. About the same time their SA 25th CD was released, they advertised a radio show CD that folks could also get from them that was "personally signed by Terry." We thought that was interesting since I think Terry was on the road at the time. We kind of wondered how they'd be getting them all signed.

When we got to Cstone that year, someone brought a stack of them by our table and, much to our horror, we discovered that what they had been selling as "personally signed by Terry Taylor" was actually a CDR with a photocopied Shogtun Angel cover... the signature was as phony as the rest of the cover! I don't remember what we did with them.. we may have given them away for free or something.

12-08-2006 14:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

So....
Imagine my surprise when I was leafing through some discs at my local Family Bookstore and found HD sealed. So, I purchased it. Some thoughts that have probably already been expressed several times:
1) The mastering is pretty good.
2) There's an awful lot of Larry on the booklet insert, and not a lot of DA.
3) No bonus tracks on a 2003 CD reissue?!?
4) Having not been really interested in early DA stuff until recently, I (and my wife) were surprised at how much we liked an early 80's album that we'd never heard before. Usually it's hard to get past the production for me, but she remarked that it reminded her of Talking Heads, which is a pretty big compliment coming from her. It's really pretty good stuff.

It made me make up my mind to buy other DA re-releases, too, which was something I was on the fence about.

12-27-2006 09:07 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

And why does this board replace I M A G I N E with E N V I S A G E???

12-27-2006 09:11 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
because it's the right thing to do.

12-27-2006 09:45 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah some of those older albums are classics. I never tire of them, because they still have that weird DA quirkiness and the great Lyrics and they are very strong musically. Alarma is really talking heads-ish.

12-27-2006 10:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:

it makes you sound a lot smarterer . . .

12-27-2006 11:28 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:

Me like smart.

I am so smart.
I am so smart
S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T.

12-27-2006 14:31 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:

Me like smart.

I am so smart.
I am so smart
S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T.
Let the professionals provide the humor.

12-27-2006 15:08 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Administrator

Thats actually from the Simpsons... 'imagine (or envisage) Homer singing it..

12-27-2006 15:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

"The Simpsons" not professional enough for ya, eh?

12-27-2006 17:37 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
"The Simpsons" not professional enough for ya, eh?
You aren't Homer Simpson.

12-27-2006 20:56 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH