Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc Re-release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Horrendous Disc Re-release Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any updates on the re-rerelease of HD? I recall there was talk of a co-operative effort between Solid Rock and Stunt to make available the ultimate HD compilation...is this still in the works?

Myron
11-17-2006 16:27 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes. Still in the works. We hope to have something to announce soon.

At this point, we're still working out details and contractual issues so we can't be too specific about anything. Solid Rock has verbally agreed to our suggested arrangement.. we're just working to get all of that in writing and signed by representatives from both companies.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-17-2006 16:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yes. Still in the works. We hope to have something to announce soon.

At this point, we're still working out details and contractual issues so we can't be too specific about anything. Solid Rock has verbally agreed to our suggested arrangement.. we're just working to get all of that in writing and signed by representatives from both companies.

Cool

11-17-2006 17:01 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

It's good that things are going well, but, of all the projects, even though I look forward to it, it's the one I am not banking on. I mean, Larry has some very different priorities so I understand that Horrendous Disc is not at the top of his to-do list.
11-17-2006 17:04 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Administrator

It may not be. But the good thing about our deal is that Stunt will be doing the bulk of the work and carrying the financial burden. So, it won't tie Larry or Solid Rock up one bit.

I should also add that - at least right now- Larry seems excited about this idea.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-17-2006 17:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Currently we are working on a contract that Larry asked us to write up, so its moving. I think it would be really awesome for Stunt and Solid Rock to have this joint release, if everything works out we will try and make it a really cool package. And it should be something nice that both labels can sell. The last few emails we recieved from Larry on the project were really nice.

11-17-2006 17:43 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Cool

11-18-2006 17:34 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

This is really great news! Big Grin
11-20-2006 03:46 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

How many releases of HD have there been?

And were the media types for each?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-20-2006 15:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Tracks and editions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for getting this ball rolling. I'm guessing that given the number of HD releases already and the age of it, this may be the last serious release, so I look forward to something really thought through, comprehensive, and done well.

A few questions:
1. Will this be a new remaster?
2. Is this the HD2 we at one point heard rumors of, or will it include maybe portions?
3. Will we see an expanded track list? I would love to see various alternative tracks that I have now on different editions, and hopefully a few more unreleased goodies. But with all due respect to Larry, I'd like to request this time we leave off the tribute tracks.
4. In addition to CD format have you considered releasing a DVD surround sound version with maybe some relevant video from the era included? If you did this I would definitely buy both editions.

11-21-2006 08:05 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Tracks and editions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for getting this ball rolling. I'm guessing that given the number of HD releases already and the age of it, this may be the last serious release, so I look forward to something really thought through, comprehensive, and done well.

A few questions:
2. Is this the HD2 we at one point heard rumors of, or will it include maybe portions?
3. Will we see an expanded track list? I would love to see various alternative tracks that I have now on different editions, and hopefully a few more unreleased goodies. But with all due respect to Larry, I'd like to request this time we leave off the tribute tracks.
4. In addition to CD format have you considered releasing a DVD surround sound version with maybe some relevant video from the era included? If you did this I would definitely buy both editions.

11-21-2006 08:05 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Darn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(sorry for the web hiccup)

11-21-2006 08:07 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

RE: Darn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no one blames anyone for multiple posting around here, cept maybe joey...

back to Horrendous Disc

11-21-2006 09:14 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

RE: what about Darn floor??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
no one blames anyone for multiple posting around here, cept maybe joey...

or multiple re-releases.................

Big Grin

Cool
11-21-2006 11:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

RE: Tracks and editions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Thats our hope as well. I believe it will be.

quote:

A few questions:

We hope so, but we're not certain yet. Solid Rock will be in charge of the album portion of the collection, so... although, we want to have everything remastered, we have to work with what they're willing to do. We will push for that.

quote:

I'm not really sure what HD2 was going to be.. my guess is, Solid Rock will probably still do their own HD2 release later. But, our hope with this project is to include everything we possible can include + liner notes and photos from the band itself.

quote:

3. Will we see an expanded track list? I would love to see various alternative tracks that I have now on different editions, and hopefully a few more unreleased goodies.

Of course! Pleased Thats actually one of the primary reasons for doing this. We had been planning to just round up a lot of the bonus material as a separate release, but wanted to try to work this out first. The best way for that material to be released is with the album itself.

quote:

We've discussed the possibility of doing Surround Sound mixes of some albums... we're still looking into the possibilities there.

11-21-2006 12:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
How many releases of HD have there been?

And were the media types for each?

so, does anyone know? Confused

Got a few miles left ...

11-21-2006 15:26 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

1. Test Pressing on LP
2. Horrendous EP
3. Horrendous Disc Rock and Religion LP
4. Cassette, 8 Track, and LPs of US, Canadian and UK mixes.
5. Horrendous Disc CD (Larry Phan Club) With tribute tracks
6. Horrendous Disc CD for family Bookstore, etc. (no tribute tracks)

7. Horrendous Disc Special Edition CDs (This Stunt/Solid Rock monster)

11-21-2006 17:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thanks for the info. Smile

I figured the original release(s) did not include CDs and remembered Larry Norman had done something a little strange with at least one of the CD releases.

I'm with Joey that DFBB is the next most urgent to re-release.

I will probably buy this HD re-release. Pleased

It is doubtful I would buy Doppelganger, Vox Humana, or Fearful Symmetry re-releases. Probably the only way I would consider those is if the whole box set was re-released. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

11-22-2006 10:19 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

We hope to have an announcement about this very soon, folks. Keep watching.

We figure DFBB and the other KMG titles will be the next problem to tackle. Shotgun Angel will probably be in 2007 sometime since it'll be the 30th anniversary. We might be able to get out the couple of titles that DA owns in between the harder releases - sometime after HD most likely.

12-04-2006 21:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
5. Horrendous Disc CD (Larry Phan Club) With tribute tracks
6. Horrendous Disc CD for family Bookstore, etc. (no tribute tracks)

I bought mine at the bookstore and it had the Larry Tracks! Shocked

12-05-2006 07:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH