Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's All About YOU.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's All About YOU.... 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: It's All About YOU.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Name: Dave Woodard
Birthday: 5/27/69
Birthplace: Cincinnati
Current Location: Bucyrus
Current Occupation: IT
Dream Occupation: IT
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 5'10"
Right Handed or Left Handed: Right
Your Heritage: European
Your Biggest Weakness: lack of willpower
Your Fears: That God is telling me something and I'm not listening.
The Perfect Pizza: BBQ sauce, venison, mozarella, provolone, thick crust
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: To come up with a goal
Your Most Overused Phrase or word: Huh?
Morning person or Night Owl: Both!
Your Best Physical Feature: My wife.
Your Most Missed Memory: If I remembered, it wouldn't be missing.
Pepsi or Coke: Coke.
Favorite Fast Food: Free.
Can You Cook: Yep! Pleased
Chocolate or Vanilla: Both
Cappuccino or Coffee: Both! And the more the merrier!
Three Stooges, Abbot and Costello or the Marx Brothers: Tie for first between the Marx Bros. and A&C. Stooges are a distant third.
Number of hours that you normally watch TV in a single day: 1
Favorite type of movie (Drama/comedy/action/documentary/etc): All kinds
Letterman or Leno: Letterman
Do you Smoke: One cigar in my life. I spent the entire time waiting to enjoy it.
Do you Sing: Yes. Do I Sing Well? No.
Do you Dance: I call it dancing. The paramedics called it a seizure.
Most unusual talent: None of my talents are unusual to me.
You like to regularly challenge yourself by: Listening to new music.
Do you get Motion Sickness: Not yet.
Are you a Health Freak: Heck no!
Do/did you get along with your Parents: Nope.
Do you like Thunderstorms: Yep.
Do you play an Instrument: Used to play trombone in a past life.
Have you ever Stolen Anything: Yep.
Have You Ever been Beaten up: Nope.
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: CIO
What country would you most like to Visit: Italy
Number of CDs I own: I'm too lazy to count.
Number of Piercings: 0
Number of Tattoos: 0
Number of Message Board Alliases: Two
The Greatest Rock Band in History Is: Oh no. You're not trapping me in one of those dang lists again!
The Album I Wore Out Growing Up Was: The Game - Queen, Glass Houses - Billy Joel, and Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1. I stacked the three on the turntable every afternoon after school.

09-01-2006 21:29 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Number of Message Board Alliases: Zero.

Don't you have to have at least one?

i guess audiori is his real name? Confused
i, of course only post using my real name..... Red Face

Cool
09-01-2006 22:02 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
The Album I Wore Out Growing Up Was: [COLOR=coral] Abbey Road. I found secular music at the same time I found The Beatles, 1986. When I first got this album I listened to nothing else for about 8 months. It was 1986, I was 17 years old and I'd never heard anything like this. The very first Beatles song I heard was "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".

That sounds a little like me. I was raised in a family where Rock-n-Roll was of the Devil. Since I was the youngest of 5 kids, I was able to soften my parents up a little. So, I was allowed to listen to "Christian" rock. U2 was my gateway drug. they opened the door to all kinds of other things. I felt like I discovered the Beatles when I was 18. Got everything I could from the local library. My dad still has a hard time with the fact that I was listening to that "freak" John Lennon.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-01-2006 22:16 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My parents got over the whole "devil" music thing pretty quick thank God! Sounds like we got a lot in common there sprinkler....well, except I hate Portillos! Tongue

PuP!? You like Barry Manilow?!? Shocked Me too!! Pleased Cool Really wish we could have shared some venison before I left Ohio. Frown

Joey? That's your name? Oh...and all this time I thought you just liked baby kangaroos! Happy

~Groucho~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 09-01-2006 22:38.

09-01-2006 22:38 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:

Nope. Aside from the "audiori" account, which is the master account we both use... then we each have one with our first initial at the end... "audiori e" and "audiori j"

We may have at one time... like when we first started the board or something. But we just don't have time.

Edit: Actually, I do remember one that we both used a long time ago... probably just a couple of posts. I doubt anyone even remembers it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-01-2006 22:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I dont even remember it.

09-02-2006 05:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Sounds like we got a lot in common there sprinkler....well, except I hate Portillos! Tongue

We can't all be perfect. Good thing there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Smile

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-02-2006 09:49 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by sondance
Who can fail to hold in high regard any mom who considers herself a Senior Research Executive in the field of Child Development? One may wonder what experiments are lurking there? Really?

Yes, Bereal's answer was one of my favorites too.

I have to fess up. I read an email once where this stay-at-home mom wrote this down for her occupation on one of those forms that asks for it. I quickly stored it in the recesses of my mind hoping to one day have the opportunity to use it. I almost didn't remember and suddenly the lightbulb came on. There are plenty of experiments lurking here, maybe even some I'm unaware of.......... Shocked Big Grin Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
09-02-2006 21:44 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I remembered something I meant to elaborate on but forgot to in my original post. I said my heritage is mutt. Well, my heritage is really dysfunctional mutt. Here are the 3 deadly combinations in my past, (along with a couple of minor influences from way back that I'm not aware of): Cherokee Indian (my Papa Chickie was 1/2 Cherokee), Italian and German. Shocked

Now you all know why I'm so messed up............. Tongue

Papa Chickie was my Mom's Dad. He looked like Colonel Sanders. One day when I was about 15 months old, we walked into the local KFC, which was called Kentucky Fried Chicken back then, and they had a Colonel Sanders' statue standing just to the left of the door in the corner. I ran to it, looked up and said, "Papa Chickie". Of course everyone laughed and the name stuck. He died 2 months later....... Crying

Smile
09-02-2006 21:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I dont even remember it.

Big Gay Al Red Face

09-03-2006 17:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I had an alias that I used in real life when I was in collections. It was "David Payne". I'm sure the deadbeats I had to collect from thought I was a real "PAIN"! Tongue

We used aliases so that our debtors wouldn't come to our house and kick our butts. One of the other collectors had the alias William Burns, or BILL Burns! Big Grin

~Groucho~
09-03-2006 20:54 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Damb! I would hate that job.

09-03-2006 20:58 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

The 'worst part was people thinking they didn't have to repay just because it was a big corporation they owed money to. Pastors were the 'worst people to collect from. Tongue

~Groucho~

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 09-03-2006 21:02.

09-03-2006 21:02 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:

Nope. Aside from the "audiori" account, which is the master account we both use... then we each have one with our first initial at the end... "audiori e" and "audiori j"

We may have at one time... like when we first started the board or something. But we just don't have time.

Edit: Actually, I do remember one that we both used a long time ago... probably just a couple of posts. I doubt anyone even remembers it.

Wasn't it "Jimbalaya"? Tongue

Darn that word editor!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jamespop: 09-05-2006 13:54.

09-05-2006 13:53 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
The 'worst part was people thinking they didn't have to repay just because it was a big corporation they owed money to. Pastors were the 'worst people to collect from. Tongue

Typical Red Face

09-05-2006 14:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I had an alias that I used in real life when I was in collections. It was "David Payne". I'm sure the deadbeats I had to collect from thought I was a real "PAIN"! Tongue

We used aliases so that our debtors wouldn't come to our house and kick our butts. One of the other collectors had the alias William Burns, or BILL Burns! Big Grin

That's funny. I actually rode the bus in 10th grade with a guy named Bill Burns and I never thought of that........ Big Grin

Smile
09-05-2006 21:26 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I modified my original post. I originally said Leno but changed to Letterman, but not because of anything any of you said. See my original post and my answer to Letterman or Leno: question for an explanation. I'm too lazy to repeat myself. I repeat myself all day long as it is. Tongue

Smile
09-05-2006 22:43 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

should have been real the first time!!! Wink

09-05-2006 23:07 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin Well, I was being real, but this past week, Letterman has taken a turn for the better. We still usually watch Letterman because that channel comes in clear and the channel Leno comes on is usually a little fuzzy. I had actually gotten to where I would rather watch Leno than Letterman, because of the stupid stuff on his show. Now he's been having at least 2 guests (ie less stupid stuff). Smile

Smile
09-05-2006 23:17 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I find Leno's jokes lame and lackadaisical, same old SUV gas jokes, same old Dick Chaney(SP?), same old, same old, even his cover ups for the bombs are lame. Letterman at least is zany. Conan is himself, and that makes it funny, I still pick him.

09-05-2006 23:23 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's All About YOU....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH