Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who Covers DA??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who Covers DA???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I ordered it. Can't wait. I'm also waiting for Little Big and the SE DVD. I have the video, but well, you know....

09-03-2002 16:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DVD is far superior to VHS.

09-03-2002 16:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Is it really much better? Good extras? I laugh everytime I see that blonde guy singing at the beauty contest. Crazy stuff. Big Grin

09-03-2002 16:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Is it really much better? Good extras? I laugh everytime I see that blonde guy singing at the beauty contest. Crazy stuff. Big Grin

that is the fella that makes my wife cringe...
I crack up at the gal crying her eyes out Big Grin

09-03-2002 16:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That's actually the one thing my wife actually likes from terry and the gang. She tries to hate it as much as she hates everything else terry related, but she laughs out loud when I put it on. Maybe I'm wearing down her defenses....We'll see.

09-03-2002 16:52 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
That's actually the one thing my wife actually likes from terry and the gang. She tries to hate it as much as she hates everything else terry related, but she laughs out loud when I put it on. Maybe I'm wearing down her defenses....We'll see.

I told my wife this... she thought that was pretty funny.
She does like The Lost Dogs and MBD.

09-04-2002 10:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You're lucky

09-06-2002 21:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
The Who covers a DA song? On which album?

Well DA has the song "Instruciton Through Film", about a guy named Tom; so it seems that the entire Tommy rock-opera was a take-off of that song.
09-07-2002 10:47
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

That's... um... an... interesting theory... Roll Eyes

Big Grin
09-07-2002 10:57 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I like it. I like it.

09-07-2002 12:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jpb2
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-09-2002

DA Covers... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hallo All...

I actually had the privilege of working w/ the amazing genius Terry Taylor himself... He produced 3 of my records for my former band (Deliverance)...

As someone else posted, I covered Horrendous Disc on our 1992 "Stay of Execution" release.

In 1993, I covered "Sanctuary" from the (Vox Humana) record on our "Learn" CD... Terry actually said he enjoyed the harder versions of his songs that we did w/ Deliverance... It was quite a compliment coming from one of my top 3 fav Artists of all time... The other 2 being David Bowie and Brian Eno...

I also in 2000 did a cover of "William Blake" from the Vox Humana record... I did it w/ an electronica band called "Fearful Symmetry"...

If you wanted a copy of some of these covers of Terry songs, email me and I will message the mp3 over to you via MSN messenger...

Take care all...

J
symmetry69@yahoo.com
09-09-2002 13:58 jpb2 is offline Send an Email to jpb2 Search for Posts by jpb2 Add jpb2 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

This is cool - I just e-mailed - can't wait to hear the cover of William Blake

09-09-2002 14:01 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
This is cool - I just e-mailed - can't wait to hear the cover of William Blake

That song is great!

09-09-2002 16:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by jpb2
In 1993, I covered "Sanctuary" from the (Vox Humana) record on our "Learn" CD... Terry actually said he enjoyed the harder versions of his songs that we did w/ Deliverance... It was quite a compliment coming from one of my top 3 fav Artists of all time... The other 2 being David Bowie and Brian Eno...

I also in 2000 did a cover of "William Blake" from the Vox Humana record... I did it w/ an electronica band called "Fearful Symmetry"...

If you wanted a copy of some of these covers of Terry songs, email me and I will message the mp3 over to you via MSN messenger...

Take care all...

J
symmetry69@yahoo.com

I'm not on MSN messenger so can someone email Sactuary and William Blake to me?

I have the Horrendous Disc track already.

andrew@daytimer.co.nz

Thanks
09-09-2002 16:34 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Ceremonial Kernel

I think I'm on messenger - but I don't know how it works - if someone could e-mail them to me too?????j

And this is post 500

gregorys@excelsior.com

09-09-2002 16:41 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I think I'm on messenger - but I don't know how it works - if someone could e-mail them to me too?????j

And this is post 500

gregorys@excelsior.com

Cool Smile )

09-09-2002 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

...the members of the DAmb

09-09-2002 20:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
...the members of the DAmb

nada cool the damb is Wink

09-10-2002 15:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

wow - I was only at 500 - look at me now

09-10-2002 15:32 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
wow - I was only at 500 - look at me now

man you'll be killing us all before too long!

09-10-2002 15:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who Covers DA???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH