Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees 22 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3622 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3622 Votes - Average Rating: 8.36
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mark 07-09-2006 09:57
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mark 07-09-2006 10:12
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees bereal 07-09-2006 22:04
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees audiori 07-09-2006 22:20
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees rob 3.0 07-09-2006 23:22
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mountain Fan 07-10-2006 14:06
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Aqua Green Toupee 07-11-2006 15:22
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mountain Fan 07-11-2006 15:25
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees bereal 07-09-2006 23:02
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees bereal 07-09-2006 23:30
 First impression John Foxe 07-10-2006 23:17
 RE: First impression peawinkel 07-11-2006 11:42
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Lur King 07-11-2006 11:56
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mountain Fan 07-11-2006 12:35
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Audiori J 07-11-2006 13:14
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees audiori 07-11-2006 20:01
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees larryl 07-11-2006 20:15
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Mountain Fan 07-12-2006 11:23
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees peawinkel 07-13-2006 00:03
 RE: Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees jiminy 07-13-2006 17:15
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thumb Up! Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I've only listened a couple of times so far, but wow!!!!!!

This really may be one of their best ones, if not the best. They weren't kidding when they said that it would be good. Usually you have to take it with a grain of salt when someone or an artist says "This is are best album yet" or "It's a return to their best stuff".

My favorite discs were always the first 3. This is at least up there with them for me. I love the variety which was not really heard since The Green Room Serenade.

I still need to take in all the lyrics.

# 1 ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

07-09-2006 09:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mark
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm really impressed with the quality of the music put out by the Lost Dogs and their other bands during the past year or so.

First, The Choir hit a home run with O How The Mighty Have Fallen.

Second, Daniel Amos re-released their self-titled debut with bonus discs.

Third, The Lost Dogs hit a home run with The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees.

Fourth, The 77's DVD was released by Lo-Fidelity. Excellent.

Fifth??? I can't wait for the new 77's CD.

These guys are on a creative high!!!

07-09-2006 10:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yup, let's just remember to keep supporting them during times of creativity lulls ~ so they'll still be around for those creative highs! Wink I'm enjoying DA's 30th Anniversary and looking forward to the Dogs disc, which I should have later this week. Hopefully we'll be able to get the 77s DVD soon too. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-09-2006 22:04 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Exactly... even though some folks weren't happy with Island Dreams, the sales from that album were a big part of the funding of Lost Cabin. You need those minor releases to fund the bigger ones.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-09-2006 22:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Exactly... even though some folks weren't happy with Island Dreams, the sales from that album were a big part of the funding of Lost Cabin. You need those minor releases to fund the bigger ones.

I don't feel so bad for buying it then. Tongue

gone, gone with God, but gone
07-09-2006 23:22 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:

You can always find somebody to like things different. I gave Island Dreams to a coworker that didn't like a lot of the Dogs stuff I let (made?) him listen to before, but he mentioned their family like instrumental stuff so I gave it to them as a gift and they loved it. He probably would have liked a bit of Nazarene Crying Towel too.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 07-10-2006 14:07.

07-10-2006 14:06 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

You can always find somebody to like things different. I gave Island Dreams to a coworker ...

Everytime I see this word printed somewhere, I first think it says cow-orker.
07-11-2006 15:22 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

You can always find somebody to like things different. I gave Island Dreams to a coworker ...

Everytime I see this word printed somewhere, I first think it says cow-orker.

better milk them for all their worth? Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

07-11-2006 15:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I loved Island Dreams Pleased

Smile
07-09-2006 23:02 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
I loved Island Dreams Pleased

btw, I don't think Island Dreams was lacking in creativity. It was just pulled from their archives when they were having a creativity lull. I am thankful they did. Pleased Cool

Smile
07-09-2006 23:30 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

First impression Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got the new CD from the Cornerstone Afterparty yesterday.

Excellent music, some of the best I've ever heard from the Dogs.

"Interesting" lyrics - bordering on coarse, sorta like Bibleland at times. Best example: what rhymes with "word" and starts with a "T"?

07-10-2006 23:17 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

RE: First impression Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I got the new CD from the Cornerstone Afterparty yesterday.

Excellent music, some of the best I've ever heard from the Dogs.

"Interesting" lyrics - bordering on coarse, sorta like Bibleland at times. Best example: what rhymes with "word" and starts with a "T"?

third

07-11-2006 11:42 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Curd Tongue

07-11-2006 11:56 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

toid

Got a few miles left ...

07-11-2006 12:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Toured

07-11-2006 13:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

The lyrics...

http://www.thelostdogs.com/music/lostcabin/

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-11-2006 20:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
The lyrics...

http://www.thelostdogs.com/music/lostcabin/

thanks!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-11-2006 20:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Cool

Got a few miles left ...

07-12-2006 11:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs are at it again. Their latest release, The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees, is similar to Little Red Riding Hood in the variety of musical directions and lyrical excellence. The legends known as Terry Taylor, Mike Roe, and Derri Daugherty return for their ninth studio effort sporting a new Doggie. Steve Hindalong is officially Lost now, although his presence was quite evident in last year's Island Dreams.
Broken Like Brooklyn opens the CD. It's a comparative ballad of the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn, bringing dismay and angst to their faithful followers, to "losing the best". An alt-country tribute that sets the tone of the inner sleeve dedication "in loving memory of Gene Eugene, who was with us every step of the way in the making of this album." Devil's Elbow is a remake of a Daniel Amos song. It has a rollicking rockabilly feel with jangly guitars. As usual, Taylor has written the bulk of the material (8 out of 11 songs) and it is lyrically masterful. The title track
is reminiscient of his more recent solo work, replete with gorgeous harmonies. Daugherty and Hindalong wrote Whispering Memories, a heart-wrenching country ballad of bygone love. Matt Slocum's pedal steel guitar adds to the mood. One More Day, the lone Roe-penned song, is a prayer from a flawed individual for one more opportunity "to show someone the way." This should be an anthem/prayer for all of us. Slocum again works his steel magic to complete this country number. This Business Is Goin' Down is a jangler that describes love based on financial success. I hope we who live from paycheck to paycheck will never experience this scenario. Hardening My Heart is a beautiful ballad of lost love, sung to perfection by Mike Roe. Only One Bum In Corona Del Mar shatters the melancholy mood. It's a shared narrative, humorous, Cowboy musical. "Is that Stacy Keach passed out on the beach? No, it's only our bum from Corona del Mar." Get Me Ready fires you up to take on whatever the future throws at you: terrorists, politicians, plague, war, natural disasters, the Rapture, the Judgement, .......Da Vinci......well, maybe not. This rocker not only pumps you up, but it's the most rockingest Dogs song since Sweet Work Of Love. The Choir boys wrote Burn It Up, dedicated to our beloved Doctor Love (Mike Roe). It's about Mike & Terry travelling to Nashville to record this album. Terry & Mike offer kudos to Red Dog and Indie Hindie on one verse. This one has the late nite chill vibe of The Choir's O How The Mighty Have Fallen. That's Where Jesus Is concludes the recording. In the vein of Breathe Deep and Pray Where You Are, this instant classic brings to mind that Jesus is in the lowliest and neediest among us.
The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees is a well-produced professional musical endeavor by quality, veteran musicians, assisted by the studio talents of Tim Chandler and Matt Slocum. Lost Dogs are currently touring. Check out www.thelostdogs.com for tour dates & to purchase this enjoyable CD.

07-13-2006 00:03 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Dang!

I just ordered it..I needs to hear the thang b4 I reads the hub-ub.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-13-2006 17:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH