Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA 30th Anniversary Edition » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA 30th Anniversary Edition 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am on vacation in cali...
but my girlfriend has been checking my mail....
she said you got some cd from some guy named daniel amos or something?
i said please put that somewhere safe! Tongue Big Grin Cool

Cool
07-04-2006 02:20 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Everyone needs this, regardless of if you have the original or not. The extra material is awesome and sound quality excellent, considering a lot of it came from old cassettes.

I had probably only heard about 1/3 to 1/2 of the tunes before we got it. I like Lost Dogs stuff better than the early DA, but it is very good and not really pure country of the day. I think Terry said in one of the interview clips producer Al Perkins worked with some of the west coast country-ish artists that weren't really country (I think he mentioned maybe Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers as well as a few others).

I think this also has a little more variety than what I expected. I understand Terry saying it had a little vaudeville on it. I can't remember if it was earlier demos or extra stuff, but there was some Western/Country/Swing stuff too (if that makes sense).

I really like the simpler lyrics that seem to come from a younger faith, they really ring true and have their place. Kinda like worship music that is not annoyingly homogenized like today's and not exactly like even simpler "Jesus music" of that time. Pleased

I really liked all the extra stuff about the history. I can't remember what was on Disc 2 and what was on the extra preorder disc. I really enjoyed Terry's tribute to Katy and her contribution to him getting started in music. I also really enjoyed the Judge Rainbow stuff with the harmonies, female backup singer, and occasional flute. I wonder if that exists in any other form, or if this material is it? There was one song that gave me a Mamas and Papas vibe for a few bars at one point.

This just reinforces I like Terry's music in all the forms and bands he has recorded with but I think my favorite is to hear just him and his guitar with minimal accompaniment, like on some of the demos on here and other things like that, such as on the "Making of Mr. Buechner's Dream DVD" where it has part of the demo for "Who's Who Here" that was slower and simpler than the arena-rock version they wound up recording.

Terry mentions that his early start was folky type stuff like Crosby Stills and Nash. He had cheap acoustic and then a nylon string guitar to begin with. Another interview segment (I think on bonus preorder CD) mentions he looked forward to getting new Beatles albums at Christmas and would listen to them and digest them. He said the later Beatles stuff was more varied and that this was his aim with a lot of his music, to keep the listener guessing with fresher, new material (or something similar to that).

Lotsa great stuff here! Thanks for all the effort and work it took to make this happen to all involved J&E, Terry, Tom, and anyone else! Pleased Cool

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-06-2006 11:19 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
oomarty7 oomarty7 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 04-23-2005

Hey, I've got a problem. I listened to all the cds and didn't once hear the long-rumored Terry and Amy Grant Baby Baby duet. I pretty much purchased the set for that! All in all, excellent package
07-07-2006 15:22 oomarty7 is offline Send an Email to oomarty7 Homepage of oomarty7 Search for Posts by oomarty7 Add oomarty7 to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by oomarty7
Hey, I've got a problem. I listened to all the cds and didn't once hear the long-rumored Terry and Amy Grant Baby Baby duet. I pretty much purchased the set for that! All in all, excellent package

That track is being saved for the Swirling Eddies' Sacred Cows 143rd Month Anniversary Edition.

(Pre-orders are being taken ...just send in $53.97 now).

07-07-2006 16:41 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

Sweet!!!
I'm getting 5!
07-07-2006 18:33 oomarty7 is offline Send an Email to oomarty7 Homepage of oomarty7 Search for Posts by oomarty7 Add oomarty7 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Sweet!!!
I'm getting 5!

That would mean BigDork would be getting like 18 of them! Shocked

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-08-2006 02:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
quote:

That track is being saved for the Swirling Eddies' Sacred Cows 143rd Month Anniversary Edition.

(Pre-orders are being taken ...just send in $53.97 now).
Amy will also be rereleasing it with her next album as well. It should be in the 1c CDs on eBay soon. She's crossing over to grunge to reach the Seatlians in her new album, "Bite Me, I'm so freaking depressed- Amy sings the songs of Kurt Cobain with only a thong on"

She's also releasing a bluegrass music album called "Old Muffintop."

07-08-2006 08:50 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Sweet!!!
I'm getting 5!

That would mean BigDork would be getting like 18 of them! Shocked

Tongue

uh...

no

07-08-2006 14:43 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

Dude, I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of "Old Muffintop." It's just funny in and of itself. But then I see the photo of your dog! Man, it has a muffin top!! That rocks! Is that a Bichon by the way?
07-08-2006 22:32 oomarty7 is offline Send an Email to oomarty7 Homepage of oomarty7 Search for Posts by oomarty7 Add oomarty7 to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Listening to my copy Pleased

Hey dorfy, can you list my 4 extra copies on Ebay for me?

Tongue

That bonus disk is gonna be worth some money someday Big Grin

um... yes, someday

Tongue

Pleased

07-10-2006 09:15 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG

um... yes, someday

Cool way to go BD Smile

do not forget you can send a 2nd chance offer to the 2nd place bidder for free, and the 3rd place bidder too... if it was high enough.

07-10-2006 10:13 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

Cool

$52.78

07-10-2006 23:39 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

This is released now?

07-12-2006 10:56 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote]Amy will also be rereleasing it with her next album as well. It should be in the 1c CDs on eBay soon. She's crossing over to grunge to reach the Seatlians in her new album, "Bite Me, I'm so freaking depressed- Amy sings the songs of Kurt Cobain with only a thong on"

She's also releasing a bluegrass music album called "Old Muffintop."[/quote]

LIterally LOL!!~!

That was great-and though I thought Amy really did have her day..

her in a thong would not be my first choice now.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-12-2006 11:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Dude, I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of "Old Muffintop." It's just funny in and of itself. But then I see the photo of your dog! Man, it has a muffin top!! That rocks! Is that a Bichon by the way?
Boober is a foundling that looks like a mutant bichon. Bichons weigh about 12-18 lbs, Boober weighs almost 50. You can see how big he looks next to me, the little pecker.

The vet doesn't even know what manner of beast he is. The closest I've heard is a South Norfolk Sock-hound.

07-12-2006 19:01 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Nick Deletchi Nick Deletchi is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-17-2002

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
quote:
Boober is a foundling that looks like a mutant bichon. Bichons weigh about 12-18 lbs, Boober weighs almost 50. You can see how big he looks next to me, the little pecker.

The vet doesn't even know what manner of beast he is. The closest I've heard is a South Norfolk Sock-hound.
You need to put some sort of space between your post and the one who posted before you! Mad Mad Mad
07-12-2006 19:16 Nick Deletchi is offline Send an Email to Nick Deletchi Search for Posts by Nick Deletchi Add Nick Deletchi to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Instead of waiting on published reviews to appear, we thought we might start including fan reviews on the review pages for new releases.

I just added a few for the DA30th release...

http://www.danielamos.com/articles/rdanielamos.html

Also... keep an eye here for the downloads, etc.

http://www.danielamos.com/da30.html

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-28-2006 17:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I have been listening to the extras - and enjoying them a lot

10-24-2006 22:38 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Next time you drag this out, if you look closely at the photos in the front, you'll see one of Terry playing an odd looking instrument.
This is none other than my super dirt cheap genuine imitation Beatle bass complete with the hollow violin body.
It sounded ok with Rotosound strings, action and intonation were super dirt cheap genuine imitation quality, but most of all it was very light.

Psalm 119:83
03-07-2007 14:50 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT - Come On In - 1977 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

if you like Daniel Amos - Daniel Amos; check this out !!!

Sparrow’s contribution to the Christian country rock scene checks in only a step or two behind
Maranatha frontrunners like The Way, Bethlehem and Daniel Amos. . .

http://theancientstar-song.blogspot.com/...n-of-light.html
CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT
Come On In (Sparrow SPR-1017) 1977

personally I think it sounds like a Country "Choir" Cool - NiCe & Sweet Smile

10-31-2007 10:12 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA 30th Anniversary Edition

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH