Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs New Orleans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs New Orleans
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans eddie p 06-15-2006 20:30
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans jiminy 06-15-2006 23:22
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans jiminy 06-16-2006 15:02
 A Magical Night eddie p 07-02-2006 02:24
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans Ron E 07-02-2006 09:33
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans Lost Canine 07-02-2006 13:30
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans Eis 07-02-2006 13:54
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans mike 07-02-2006 21:22
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans bereal 07-02-2006 22:17
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans jiminy 07-03-2006 00:00
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans .backs. 07-03-2006 00:06
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans mike 07-03-2006 08:39
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans jiminy 07-03-2006 09:47
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans mike 07-03-2006 09:51
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans jiminy 07-03-2006 10:05
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans TattooBob 07-03-2006 09:57
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans Theo 07-04-2006 12:30
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans eddie p 07-04-2006 23:48
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans wes berlin 07-05-2006 00:23
 RE: Lost Dogs New Orleans mike 07-05-2006 08:20
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's cute

06-15-2006 20:30 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I go to enough rummage sales (only those that serve real rum)
and point meself in the right direction, I may make it.

Better yet- I think I'll strap a snow shovel to me back and the first person who asks "Hey, whats that thing for?"-

I'll know I'm close.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-15-2006 23:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

FREEEEE INSTALLATION MAAAN.

06-16-2006 15:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

A Magical Night Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For over 20 years of my life I have dreamed of having these guys, who now call themselves The Lost Dogs, come to New Orleans.
Now, 20 years ago I never dreamed I'd be opening up for Terry Taylor, or Mike Roe. Even Derri. You know?
Never dreamed it.
Sometime around 7 we did a sound check.
The Dogs had already had theirs.
We only did one song.
Now by this time there's a bunch of people sitting around talking and someone asked why we only did one song because they'd apparently thought the thing was starting.
So I just went up and got the guitar and tried to get my friend Mark to come up and play a Beatles song with me. He wouldn't but I still sat there on the amp and played it. Indest wouldn't come up at this point. We weren't starting until 7:30 and that's that.
So, after some encouraging from a mister Mike Roe I got the sound guy to put the sound on and I did REM's The One I Love.
The people seem to like it. Great.
Now Indest starts yellin out requests and he says Clementine.The Elliott Smith song. So I do a version of that. And it feels good. And the sound man's good. And the people are happy. And it's a magical night.
It's 7:23. There's time for one more.
So I do You Never Know Someone. It felt good. The groove felt good.
Now it's time for the Mike and Ed show. Now I realize that I'm gonna be doing the second song, Can You Love Me and I"m gonna need some lubrication so I head to the bar to get a Coke. Meanwhile Indest is taunting me. Asking me if i'm gonna join them or whatever.
My friend Monty was on drums. I've known Monty LeBlanc half my life. I worked my first job with Monty. And now he's drumming with me.
We started out with Pentecostal Pamela Lee. Mike Likes those blondes you know?
No, it's a great song and I love playing it on the bass. And I love doing the background vocals. And it's a song that always has a great groove and you can sort of warm up with cause most of the time you just nail it. It's just fun to play.
Then we did Can You Love Me which I'm still geting used to playing the bass and singing at the same time. But Indest doesn't play the nadaed bass so I've gotta do it. I think I'm liking it more though. Anyway we jammed it down and it was tight. I'd feel more comfortable doing this song if I had some background vocals but Indest doesn't do backgroud vocals do you Indest?
Next we do You Think You're Pretty Now, which is a Michael Stanley Indest classic. A beautiful song of heartache written by Mike about my ex-wife after it was found out that she commited adultery. Now this is a beautiful song right. And all of a sudden the ducking bass is going haywire.
I'm hitting notes and it sounds like there's a beehive in the amp. Now it did this in the sound check with my bass, so I, thinking it was the bass, asked Derri if I could play his Fender Mustang. So that's the bass I was playing. So now I know it's the chord. There's bit of confusion as I try to continue to sing the background vocal and plug in the bass with the wire that Cliff, the sound guy, gave me. I knew I had to get it before the build up. The bridge came and we crossed it without a hitch and the rest of the set went flawless.
We did Something's Gotta Turn Around next.
Now I'll tell you a little story about this song. Whe me and Mike were living on the streets and playing our guitars for change he would say do Something's Gotta Turn Around.
Well I'm sick of doing that song. And it's mostly because just me singing the song doesn't cut it for me. I need the backgroud vocals on a song like that. So I told him to do it I'm sick of the ducking thing.
And so he did it and I just started doing the background vocal with him and the song is better now because there are vital parts that are heard.
And Mike does a great jod singing and playing it.
So we did that and ended with Mike's One Of Them which I absolutely love playing and singing the bgv's on. It's a fun one. And it was tight.
Next the Dogs came up.
And I can't tell you a play by play cause I was manning the product table and running back and forth from there to just outside the door where the friends that I invited were. Sitting at the tables. They had come late. And they're not Dogs fans. They came out to see me and Mike and Monty. And they only got to see us do 2 songs.
Anyway I sold a few Dogs cds and yes I do have my copy of The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees.
Haven't listened to it yet but I can tell you they did a few from it.
Free Drinks And A Dream
No Room For Us? I think it's called? So beautiful.
If You Want To
Only One Bum In Carona Del Mar, which is on the new one.
And that's it. Check with Indest for the rest.
I gave Mike Roe the loot.
Indest said the dogs didn't want to go anywhere after. Cause we were supposed to go somewhere to eat or something.
Well he got my friend Mark to bring me home and he went to eat with them anyway. Thanx Mike.
And thanx for making a magical night happen.

07-02-2006 02:24 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Sounds like a terrific time! Wish I could have been there. And they're off.

07-02-2006 09:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thanks eddie p, I'm jealous!

07-02-2006 13:30 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Eddie, thanks for posting that. What a dream come true, eh?
07-02-2006 13:54 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by mike

I'll post some picturees in the am. The dogs were fantastic.
Eddie P was fantastic.

m

T

07-02-2006 21:22 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Glad it was such a good show. Happy

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-02-2006 22:17 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Thanks Eddie- you butthead!
and Mike- gratcee!

details boys - details...-we all knew your bass was gonna cut up- !
Great news- happy boys.

07-03-2006 00:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is very cool, EP. i wish i had some talent and could open for them. What a great thing!

07-03-2006 00:06 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

It was a great show, i was never as nervous playing a gig before.

Songs I remember from their set. Wild Ride, Vegas Story, Rocky Mountain Mines,
No Room For Us (WOW!), That's Where Jesus Is (new), Devil's Elbos (new),
Blessing In Disguise, Crushing Hand. That is all I remember now.

The new CD is AWESOME!! It reminded me at first of John Wayne but then it
changed. It is fantastic.

m

07-03-2006 08:39 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

sweet pics-
no hildalong????

Looks like agreat lil venue too -the boys look relaxed too and geared up.

and Eddie- I mean this with the most respect dude..you're as gnarley as Gene Simmons without makeup!
I am honored to have some of your bass licks on my upcoming tune...!

Mike the promoter...- did you get a reasonable turnout???

07-03-2006 09:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

It was kinda weird Hindalong did not have a kit, he wore a snare drum around
his neck and walked around and played. jk he is back there i will find some more pics. Indie Hindie had a cool little drum set.

We had a good turn out, it was crowded some people hung outside.

The Dogs seemed to be happy with everything. I won't promote another gig like that again for a while but by next year I should be ready again Smile

m

07-03-2006 09:51 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by mike
It was kinda weird Hindalong did not have a kit, he wore a snare drum around
his neck and walked around and played. jk he is back there i will find some more pics. Indie Hindie had a cool little drum set.

We had a good turn out, it was crowded some people hung outside.

The Dogs seemed to be happy with everything. I won't promote another gig like that again for a while but by next year I should be ready again Smile

m

must have been just the initial angles...I can see the kit now- sorry bout that..

07-03-2006 10:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

Cool

BOBD

07-03-2006 09:57 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Hey Edward! You my Rum-Daddy and I loves ya for it. I'll knock one back wit ya anytime! And think of this: better my Rum Daddy than my Sugar Daddy. That'd just be ALL WRONG!! Roll Eyes
07-04-2006 12:30 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Woolly Eggwhisk

Theoleo my little friend..
Can't wait til you come back down here man.
Seems the only time I get drunk on rum I'm at Mike's house.
Anyway you're funny.
Sounds like you've been nipping at it already though.
Well there's13 minutes left in it so I'll tell you happy 4th.

07-04-2006 23:48 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

eddie

the good news is that there's still one hour and thirty eight minutes left here on the west coast.

the bad news is that....well never mind.

nd: bushmills on the rocks

07-05-2006 00:23 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

07-05-2006 08:20 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs New Orleans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH