Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » SUmmer tour for the Dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SUmmer tour for the Dogs
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Lost dogs in Texas Mountain Fan 07-05-2006 15:27
 RE: SUmmer tour for the Dogs peawinkel 07-03-2006 17:02
 RE: SUmmer tour for the Dogs Eis 07-03-2006 17:35
 RE: SUmmer tour for the Dogs bereal 07-05-2006 11:25
 RE: SUmmer tour for the Dogs Ron E 07-15-2006 22:03

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: Lost dogs in Texas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
I just got an email from the promoter. Here are a couple pictures from last night.

Dogs

Thanks for the pics!

Is that Terry wearing EYEGLASSES, and not the sunglasses he has typically worn???!!!

Looks like it to me. Shocked

Yes, he was wearing eyeglasses and this really cool western suit jacket.

I couldn't see the jacket very well in the pics, but that is cool he had it.

I was shocked to not see the shades, but I say he still has great "vision" regardless.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-05-2006 15:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lost Dogs - 7/2/06 - Vineyard Christian Fellowship - Tyler, TX

After debuting their 2006 tour in New Orleans, the Lost Dogs arrived at Vineyard Christian Fellowship (a hip church on the 2nd floor of a mall) in Tyler, TX. When Lisa & I arrived, they were playing John Davis' CD through the sound system (a very good omen). Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys opened and were pretty good. A younger band with a MySpace following, their sound reminded me of The Listening. After the youngsters left, the Dogs fans brought chairs to the front and readied ourselves for their show.

Derri Daugherty was first out, sporting locks 15 inches shorter. They opened with Wild Ride, If You Want To, A Vegas Story, and A Certain Love before they delved into their new material from The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees: Devil's Elbow and Broken Like Brooklyn. The banter was witty as usual. On this tour, they are rating convenience store snacks. Tom's Coconut Strips rate as the worst so far, although Terry Taylor was confused whether the one to ten rating was higher or lower. Controversy has already raised its ugly head in the snack ratings.

After a taste of the new material, they performed Rocky Mountain Mines and If You Loved Here. Mike Roe then dedicated the next song, No Room For Us, to Gene Eugene. The song was interesting musically, especially with Steve Hindalong's percussive toys. They followed with The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes, And The Pride Of Life and Crushing Hand. After that, it was back to the new stuff. Only One Bum In Corona Del Mar was a fun, narrative, audience-participation number. Get Me Ready was a rocker in which Roe scorched the electric guitar. That's Where Jesus Is wrapped up the new material. The final song came as a surprise to me: Eleanor, It's Raining Now, one of my favorites. For an encore, they performed Imagine That followed by Ain't Gonna Fight It.

It was great visiting briefly during autograph sessions afterwards. My pen wasn't working for Derri, so he found a red sharpie (how fitting). Steve was surprised to see Skinny. He happily signed it, and said that he really enjoyed playing with these guys when I asked him his thoughts of officially being a Lost Dog now. Mike informed my wife that she needed to monitor my internet activities and also indicated that there was a story regarding Mama Orb (on the cover of It's For You) but he wouldn't go into that right now. Uncle Terry crossed out his name on Avocado Faultline and signed underneath it. He said he did that because that's how T.S. Eliot signed his name. I told him I wasn't familiar with Eliot's music. I asked him if it was the eggnog talking when he promised a new Daniel Amos and Swirling Eddies CD this year in his Christmas letter. He said there would be a new Eddies project but was unsure as to when they would all get together.

As expected, the entire experience was exhilarating. The next stop for the Dogs is the much anticipated Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL. It will be a great show. On a personal note, I can now update MyProfile on MySpace and remove Terry Scott Taylor's name as someone I would like to meet.

07-03-2006 17:02 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I pulled "Skinny" on Indie Hindie at a Dogs show last summer...he said that only 1500 copies were ever pressed...
07-03-2006 17:35 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Shocked We got one of those at a Christian Bookstore for about $3. I'm gonna try to remember to bring it the next time we get to see them so I can get Indie Hindie to autograph it for me! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-05-2006 11:25 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E

A late addition to the tour!!!

7.18 (Tue) Charlottesville, VA
Calvary Chapel
1211-A 5th Street Extended, 22902
Showtime: 7pm
More information: chad@cccville.org

07-15-2006 22:03 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » SUmmer tour for the Dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH