Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » SUmmer tour for the Dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SUmmer tour for the Dogs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
and here they are...

9.22 (Fri) Everett, WA @ Calvary Chapel
9.23 (Sat) Bremerton, WA @ Roxy Theater
9.24 (Sun) Mountlake Terrace, WA @ Calvary Fellowship
9.25 (Mon) WA @ Private
9.26 (Tue) Winston, OR @ TBA
9.27 (Wed) Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
9.28 (Thr) Sacramento, CA @ The Underground
9.29 (Fri) Oakland, CA @ Regeneration

Cool Cool Cool Thanks Ron!
Sacramento looks good to me. Now that's something i rarely say.

you don't want to drive a little further and meet me in bremerton?
i promise not to dissapoint...... Happy

Cool
05-23-2006 16:58 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
No HI tour? What better place to play "Island Dreams?"

Now that would be a great place for a DAmb reunion. You pay for the concert and we'll all pay to fly over there ~ cept Theo and dorf. Tongue

We have an open air pavillion that would be great for an outdoor show here!

05-23-2006 17:06 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Now that would be a great place for a DAmb reunion. You pay for the concert and we'll all pay to fly over there ~ cept Theo and dorf. Tongue

I hope you know I was half kidding. We can't even afford to bring them here. Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-23-2006 17:12 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hope you know I was half kidding. We can't even afford to bring them here. Crying

I know, but we can have island dreams here!

05-23-2006 18:14 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin Cool

Smile
05-23-2006 21:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E

updated west coast dates:

9.22 (Fri) Everett, WA @ Calvary Chapel
9.23 (Sat) Bremerton, WA @ Roxy Theater
9.24 (Sun) Mountlake Terrace, WA @ Calvary Fellowship
9.25 (Mon) WA @ Private
9.26 (Tue) Winston, OR @ TBA
9.27 (Wed) Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
9.28 (Thr) Sacramento, CA @ The Underground
9.29 (Fri) Oakland, CA @ Regeneration
9.30 (Sat) San Bernardino, CA @ San Bernardino Community Church

05-31-2006 22:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
clonliness clonliness is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-105.jpg

Registration Date: 04-06-2006
Location: He's a real nowhere man, living in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody.

Big Grin I see a Portland date!!! Cool

"Has anyone ever noticed that my name is mis-spelled"?
-cloneliness
06-01-2006 14:35 clonliness is offline Search for Posts by clonliness Add clonliness to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

lucky you got the new glasses!!!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 06-01-2006 17:03.

06-01-2006 17:02 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I had to edit... Frown

06-01-2006 17:03 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I had to edit... Frown

I like how you edited twice so that your sig was still appropriate!

06-02-2006 05:33 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Big Grin

06-02-2006 06:30 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: We used to play the big rooms... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
What, no Vegas date? Where better to be a Lost Dog than in Lost Wages?

Vegas. Cool

But it's just Show Biz Kids?! (been listening to Steely Dan lately?) Tongue

=============

Steely Dan Lyrics - Showbiz Kids Lyrics

Background: Go to Las Wages, Los Wages, go to Las Wages
(continues throughout)

While the poor people sleep with the shade on the light
While the poor people sleep all the stars come out at night
While the poor people sleep with the shade on the light
While the poor people sleep all the stars come out at night

After closing time at the Guernsey Fair,
I detect the El Supremo from the room at the top of the stairs
Well I've been around the world, and I've been in the Washington Zoo
And in all my travels as the facts unravel, I've found this to be true

[Chorus]

They got the house on the corner, with the rug inside
They got the booze they need, all that money can buy
They got the shapely bodies, they got the Steely Dan T-shirts
And for the coupe de grace, they're outrageous
Honey let me tell you

[Chorus]

Show bus'ness kids makin' movies of themselves
You know they don't give a duck about anybody else

You know you go to Las Wages, Las Wages, go to Las Wages

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-02-2006 13:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

a few new ones...

THE LOST DOGS
Summer Tour 2006

7.1 (Sat) New Orleans, LA @ TBA (mindest@bellsouth.net)
7.2 (Sun) Tyler, TX @ TBA
7.5 (Wed) Bushnel, IL @ Cornerstone Festival
7.6 (Thr) Rensselaer, IN @ Fellowship of Living Hope
7.7 (Fri) Roxana, IL @ Old Roxana Theater
7.8 (Sat) Clayton, IN @ The Barn
7.9 (Sun) Aurora, IL @ Cornerstone Afterparty (w/ The Violet Burning)
7.11 (Tue) Windsor, ON @ TBA
7.13 (Thr) Washington, PA @ Vineyard Church
7.15 (Sat) Baltimore, MD @ TBA
7.16 (Sun) Vorhees, NJ @ TBA (daysofnoah@comcast.net)
7.19 (Wed) Richmond, VA @ Innsbrook Afterhours (opening for Delbert McClinton)

06-08-2006 13:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

same dates, this time with details

THE LOST DOGS
Summer Tour 2006

7.1 (Sat) New Orleans, LA
TBA
Contact Info: mindest@bellsouth.net

7.2 (Sun) Tyler, TX
Vineyard Christian Fellowship
5201 S. Broadway, 75703
Tickets: $10
Showtime: 7pm doors/7:30pm show
Contact Info: jscorley@hotmail.com, 903-245-0394
Openers: Homer Hiccolm and The Rocketboys

7.5 (Wed) Bushnell, IL
Cornerstone Festival
23325 N. Cornerstone Rd. Marietta, IL 61459
Tickets: see website for ticket rates
Showtime: 10pm

7.6 (Thr) Rensselaer, IN
Fellowship of Living Hope
3850 W. Bunkum Rd.
Showtime: 7pm
Contact Info: reinforcements@earthlink.net

7.7 (Fri) Roxana, IL
Old Roxana Theater
400 N. Central ave, 62084

7.8 (Sat) Clayton, IN
The Barn
261 York Ave.
Showtime: 8pm
Tickets: TBA
Contact Info: Purdue777@aol.com

7.9 (Sun) Aurora, IL
Cornerstone Afterparty @ The Warehouse
308 E Galena Blvd.
Tickets: $10
Showtime: 7pm
Other Performers: The Violet Burning

7.11 (Tue) Windsor, ON (Detroit, MI area)
TBA
Contact Info: gord@tonysonestop.com

7.13 (Thr) Washington, PA
Vineyard Church of Washington
100 N. Main St. 15301
Tickets: $11 adv/ $12.50 door
Showtime: 6:30pm doors/7pm show
Contact Info: 412-221-8401

7.15 (Sat) Baltimore, MD
TBA
Contact Info: NEvans@ConstellationDesign.com

7.16 (Sun) Vorhees, NJ
TBA
Contact Info: daysofnoah@comcast.net

7.19 (Wed) Richmond, VA
Innsbrook Afterhours
Other Performers: opening for Delbert McClinton

- PNB

06-09-2006 13:48 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Lost dogs in Texas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just posted this to the DADL yahoo group and thought I'd drop in and post here as well. It was GREAT guys!!! Thanks Terry, Mike, Derri, and Steve for a wonderful evening. Well worth the 5 hr drive.

Just thought I'd note that we had a chance to see a great concert in east Texas last night - the Lost Dogs played a fantastic full set of songs running the gamut of their releases. We were treated to songs from LRRH all the way to their newest release and all were performed in fine fashion. Harmonies were great and instrumentation was full and in fine form. Mike even had a few chances to really show his stuff in some very tasty solos. Steve's drumming and percussions was spot on - even pulling out a xylophone(?) and harmonica on occasion. Also, the new songs sound great! SEE THE DOGS IF YOU CAN! And from what I heard at the concert the new album should be a winner - good songs with some good, very interesting beats and arrangements. And it was on sale at the show - just haven't had a chance to hear it yet.

and a bit extra - some highlights that come to my middle aged mind right now - Eleanor It's Raining and a tribute to Gene - No Room for Doubt.

All I can say is WOW!!

Jim B.
07-03-2006 09:03 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Lost dogs in Texas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got back from my 5 1/2 hour drive from the Tyler show last night. It was good.

When I arrived at the show, the Dogs were still doing their sound check. The doors were closed and most people were sitting in a little coffee shop area. I heard someone say don't let anybody in until the sound check was over. The same guy looked at me and said "go on in." Not sure why I got singled out and allowed in but I didn't argue. First thing I noticed was that there was a group of chairs to the left of the stage area and the main floor area was open. The chairs must have been the geriatric section. Then I noticed that the crowd seem considerably younger than what I am used to at a Dogs show. The doors open and more people (mostly college age) came in and sat on the floor. Two guys on acoustic guitars opened with a few songs. They were OK. Next a band called Rocketboy or something like that played a set. They were pretty good. The sound reminded me a lot of Coldplay. I found it interesting that the bass player had his mic set up so that he had his back to the audience when he sang. That is about all I saw of them because the younger crowd was standing around the stage for this and I was seated in the geriatric section. When this band ended the crowd dispersed a little and a woman in the front row turned and suggested we all move our seats up. So, us old folks revolted and took over the floor. It turns out that we didn't have too because the younger crowd pretty much cleared out by the time the Dogs came. After all, it was about 9:00 on a Sunday night. Maybe they had to get to work this morning. Or they had a curfew.

The Dogs came out and did a great show. Thanks to Dr. Love for plugging in, turning on and burning it up. The people wanted to hear it. It was great to see Mike on electric again and to get the full band sound. Mike said that they had been doing the same show for about 10 years so they were trying to mix it up a little. They took out some of the over played (in my opinion) songs like In The Distance, Why Is The Devil Red and, Bad Indigestion. They also took out some of the jokes that many of us have heard many times. Mike started into the Charleston Heston thing and Derry said "don't do that bit."

Overall, it was one of the best shows of theirs that I have seen. I don't know if anything will top the first time they appeared at C-Stone as the Dogs. There was so much anticipation in the air and the guys really delivered that night.

My only disappointment is with the lack of people attending their shows outside of the Chicago area. I really think they deserve a bigger audience however, anytime I have seen them apart from C-Stone, the crowd is not much of a crowd. Once the "MySpace kids" (as Derry put it) cleared out, there wasn't a lot of people there. Bummer that they are not more widely accepted.

I would post pictures but since I am that one guy without the digital camera, I don't have any to post. Remember me at Christmas.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-03-2006 15:15 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Lost dogs in Texas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got an email from the promoter. Here are a couple pictures from last night.

Dogs

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-03-2006 15:19 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Lost Dogs - 7/2/06 - Vineyard Christian Fellowship - Tyler, TX

After debuting their 2006 tour in New Orleans, the Lost Dogs arrived at Vineyard Christian Fellowship (a hip church on the 2nd floor of a mall) in Tyler, TX. When Lisa & I arrived, they were playing John Davis' CD through the sound system (a very good omen). Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys opened and were pretty good. A younger band with a MySpace following, their sound reminded me of The Listening. After the youngsters left, the Dogs fans brought chairs to the front and readied ourselves for their show.

Derri Daugherty was first out, sporting locks 15 inches shorter. They opened with Wild Ride, If You Want To, A Vegas Story, and A Certain Love before they delved into their new material from The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees: Devil's Elbow and Broken Like Brooklyn. The banter was witty as usual. On this tour, they are rating convenience store snacks. Tom's Coconut Strips rate as the worst so far, although Terry Taylor was confused whether the one to ten rating was higher or lower. Controversy has already raised its ugly head in the snack ratings.

After a taste of the new material, they performed Rocky Mountain Mines and If You Loved Here. Mike Roe then dedicated the next song, No Room For Us, to Gene Eugene. The song was interesting musically, especially with Steve Hindalong's percussive toys. They followed with The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes, And The Pride Of Life and Crushing Hand. After that, it was back to the new stuff. Only One Bum In Corona Del Mar was a fun, narrative, audience-participation number. Get Me Ready was a rocker in which Roe scorched the electric guitar. That's Where Jesus Is wrapped up the new material. The final song came as a surprise to me: Eleanor, It's Raining Now, one of my favorites. For an encore, they performed Imagine That followed by Ain't Gonna Fight It.

It was great visiting briefly during autograph sessions afterwards. My pen wasn't working for Derri, so he found a red sharpie (how fitting). Steve was surprised to see Skinny. He happily signed it, and said that he really enjoyed playing with these guys when I asked him his thoughts of officially being a Lost Dog now. Mike informed my wife that she needed to monitor my internet activities and also indicated that there was a story regarding Mama Orb (on the cover of It's For You) but he wouldn't go into that right now. Uncle Terry crossed out his name on Avocado Faultline and signed underneath it. He said he did that because that's how T.S. Eliot signed his name. I told him I wasn't familiar with Eliot's music. I asked him if it was the eggnog talking when he promised a new Daniel Amos and Swirling Eddies CD this year in his Christmas letter. He said there would be a new Eddies project but was unsure as to when they would all get together.

As expected, the entire experience was exhilarating. The next stop for the Dogs is the much anticipated Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL. It will be a great show. On a personal note, I can now update MyProfile on MySpace and remove Terry Scott Taylor's name as someone I would like to meet.

07-03-2006 17:02 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I pulled "Skinny" on Indie Hindie at a Dogs show last summer...he said that only 1500 copies were ever pressed...
07-03-2006 17:35 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Shocked We got one of those at a Christian Bookstore for about $3. I'm gonna try to remember to bring it the next time we get to see them so I can get Indie Hindie to autograph it for me! Pleased

Smile
07-05-2006 11:25 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » SUmmer tour for the Dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH