Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Does Anybody Like Larry Norman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Does Anybody Like Larry Norman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

If only he'd remaster "so long" which has always sounded tinny and flat compared to the others in the trilogy.

Agreed! And with the original versions on the CD! Mad

"Last night I had that same old dream it rocked me in my sleep"

I like to hear the other versions, but only as bonus tracks not AS the tracks! Frown But that's Larry Boy for ya, same song, 10 versions. Roll Eyes

"We left it oh, so long ago, the garden"

BD
05-09-2003 16:28 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad

everybody should have 'upon this rock', and the 'planet-garden-land'-trilogy in their cd collection.

A must have!

Have you seen the latest vesrion on Land? I think it's basically the same, but with new artwork.

I don't think I'll be buying it again this time.

I believe these new releases are CD-R's. It does not state this on Larry's website. However, they do sell these at www.christiandiscs.com and they say they are CD-R's.

05-09-2003 16:32 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I don't want a CDR.

05-09-2003 16:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I don't want a CDR.

then you don't want MFN?

Wink

ooops MNF Roll Eyes
05-09-2003 17:32 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

mfn? Confused

miracle faith network?

more fairy nuggets?

my friend norman?

mugs finds nirvana?

Red Face

05-09-2003 17:40 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
mfn? Confused

mugs finds nirvana?

never will happen...

heh heh

more fun now?

may fart next?

05-09-2003 17:45 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Big Grin

05-09-2003 17:46 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

mommy found nasties?

mr. ford nekkid?

August 2005
05-09-2003 18:16 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I think I only want the More Fun Now.

05-09-2003 18:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
afterglow
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2003

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
mommy found nasties?

Shocked

My Fat Nose

Mummy Fart Noise

My Fine Nosehair

Many Flitring Nuns

Mother Father Nancy (the first cross-dressing priest) Shocked

Music For Nerds

My Freeky Nanny
05-10-2003 10:57 afterglow is offline Search for Posts by afterglow Add afterglow to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Mummy Fart Noise - loud and dusty Big Grin
05-10-2003 11:00 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Mummy flirting necrophiliac

05-10-2003 12:08 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

mother flocking neophyte

Big Grin

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

05-10-2003 12:45 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I can't stand the linar notes for HD either.
I feel bad for Larry and I have a copy of "Only visiting this planet" but I ain't a fan! Smile )

and you have a nice day too! Wink

Me thinks we's in the minority on dis subject. You's a said it all that me's a wanted to say above dis^. Big Grin

Jar Jar!
Noooooooo! Tongue

Yeah, I guess Larry is a legend and whatever...
He's ain't right, and that's all I got to say on it! Evil

05-10-2003 14:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by afterglow
quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
mommy found nasties?

Shocked

My Fat Nose

Mummy Fart Noise

My Fine Nosehair

Many Flitring Nuns

Mother Father Nancy (the first cross-dressing priest) Shocked

Music For Nerds

My Freeky Nanny

Many flirting nuns sounds interesting.

05-11-2003 12:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Road trip, to the Castle of Anthrax! Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-12-2003 07:33 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Road trip, to the Castle of Anthrax! Big Grin

heh heh heh

Holy Grail special edition arrived yesterday

Brave brave Sir Robin
When danger raised it's ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled

05-12-2003 16:14 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
77srock
unregistered
larry norman Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi, I'm the newbie here, 77srock the moniker. Pardon my interruption, but isn't the subject of this thread his Larryness? (Harumph harumph.) All kidding aside, I have over 20 of his CDs, tapes, and vinyl, and believe that both he and his music are gifts from God that have tremendously helped me in my Christian walk. That being said, I was saddened to discover the "Barking At the Ants" incident (where LN's people apparently painted claws on the fingernails of Mr. Taylor), and the other innuendo uttered against TT (the crack about Jubal's Last Band on "Stranded in Babylon"), etc.

Thankfully, it does appear as though LN and the band have reconciled. That old saying about "Christians aren't perfect--just forgiven" rings so true. The gift of reconciliation is another thing to praise our heavenly Father for--especially when it's between LN and TT and the boys in the band.

Everybody cry Kalhoun!

77srock
05-14-2003 09:01
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by 77srock
77srock

^ 77srock rocks too...

oops... Kalhoun!

05-14-2003 09:14 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Barking at the ants. Could you explain a little more what that was all about?

05-14-2003 09:16 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Does Anybody Like Larry Norman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH