Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MY response to Terry's letter. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MY response to Terry's letter.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

y not go for a complete makeover...

daniel worship

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-07-2003 12:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Hodgepodge and Random Worship....

that is what my church is doing now...

it works, Randomly...

04-07-2003 12:22 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Support DA!

04-07-2003 12:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

back on topic . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

from Terry's letter :

A few months back I had a conversation with Mike Roe in which he confirmed something I'd suspected for quite some time. "You know Terry, many of our fans are under the mistaken impression that guys like us are rolling in money, and that we are living the romantic and carefree lives of rock stars." The operative word here is many .

I Have never gotten that impression ? and many? Confused

I think this confirmed something I'd suspected for quite some time.

Mike Roe is a bad influence on Terry... Big Grin

I hope Mike & Terry realize most of the post's here are either:
Sarcastic, tongue and cheek, pathetic attempts at JoKe's or just in-sane... Roll Eyes

04-07-2003 12:46 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

In all seriousness though, it is sad that the turnout for the last tour was so low. (At least I thought I heard it was.) These guys get no promotional push and no radio airplay. It's a crime.

04-07-2003 12:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

that's a dirty crime...

04-07-2003 12:58 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

all I can say-
I took a photo of my 4 "legends" tour tickets
b4 I returned them for refund
-cancelled show- (11/2001)
and they haven't been near here since
(well no nearer than 7 hours away...) the MPLS show was only 3...
SO - see em when (and if) you can...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-07-2003 13:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
In all seriousness though, it is sad that the turnout for the last tour was so low. (At least I thought I heard it was.) These guys get no promotional push and no radio airplay. It's a crime.

I'm real curious as to what the "new happenings" are Audiori spoke vaguely of in regards to the Nashville Tour! Confused

04-07-2003 14:22 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

I'm real curious as to what the "new happenings" are Audiori spoke vaguely of in regards to the Nashville Tour! Confused

http://www.danielamos.com/upcomingconcerts.jpg

EdHead, it has come to my attention that you may NeeD to visit the HoMePaGe once in a while... Big Grin http://www.danielamos.com

04-07-2003 14:29 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Silver Plated Boy
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-07-2003

When Worship Collides. That works for me.
04-07-2003 14:59 Silver Plated Boy is offline Send an Email to Silver Plated Boy Search for Posts by Silver Plated Boy Add Silver Plated Boy to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
EdHead, it has come to my attention that you may NeeD to visit the HoMePaGe once in a while... Big Grin http://www.danielamos.com

Why?!

When I can just follow a link right to the DAmb and just bypass the homepage altogether! Tongue

04-07-2003 15:35 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

The Worshipful musings of David Anus

04-07-2003 15:44 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Mark Mark is a male

Shocked

04-07-2003 15:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hell Yes! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Horrendous Worship? Nonononononono....

No? That is the best one! Smile )

04-07-2003 16:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

The Worship strains of Yanni and Zamphir

04-07-2003 16:04 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by bigboycying
ISeriously, it hurts me that Christian radio & book stores don't promote your stuff, but it's pretty obvious to me that neither of those institutions have any interest in music for adults.

Northwestern Bookstore, lame as it is, does have an endcap with listening station for the new Lost Dogs CD. Of course if I saw the same for a DA CD, I would be in shock! Shocked

04-07-2003 16:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Skemankis
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-13-2003

How about....

The old time gospel camp meeting worship hour or Worship at the edge of nowhere (or Ruckus at the edge of worship)

04-07-2003 16:30 Skemankis is offline Send an Email to Skemankis Search for Posts by Skemankis Add Skemankis to your Buddy List
SleeplessDreamer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

How about She's Working Worship? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about "She's Working Worship. She's d**n lucky to be in the choir" ?

Jeremiah Witte
04-07-2003 18:54 SleeplessDreamer is offline Send an Email to SleeplessDreamer Search for Posts by SleeplessDreamer Add SleeplessDreamer to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by SleeplessDreamer
How about "She's Working Worship. She's d**n lucky to be in the choir" ?

Jeremiah Witte

Roll Eyes

or no.... Big Grin

Cool
04-07-2003 19:11 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

I don't know how some people can complain about the prices. They are probably the same people living with mommy without jobs at 35 years old.

I just received my Paste magazine and saw an ad for the new Lost Dogs cd. Hopefully this will help get some money flowing into the danielamos.com coffers. Terry looks like he has lost some weight which s a good thing if it was done on purpose. He is doing alright, right? He looks thin enough to do some aerial work on the wire for Cornerstone this year. If he could work a little Celine Dion Vegas act into the opening, he may open up some new audiences.

I really thought that the MBD was a very Christian bookstore friendly release. I can see a single disk version being released with the most commercial pop material. Over Her Shoulder and Your Long Year are wretchingly great.

My Christian Bookstore version:

Change it from Mr. Buecher's Dreams (too obscure and high quality) to

Dr. James Dobson's Dreams
1. Author of the Story
2. Your Long Year
3. Faithful Street
4. Meanwhile
5. Over Her Shoulder
6. Small Great Things
7. Pregnant Pause
8. Steal Away
9. Rice Paper Wings
10 Beautiful Martyr

She's a Hard Drink must be cut and go the way of Free Drinks and a Dream. I Get to Wondering may cause genuflection and acceptance of coming to grips with doubt... and we must remain true soldiers by clinging to a zealous blind faith even though this song caused this man to look up into the heaven's and let God know that this song is my prayer to Him and I was filled with a peace that I had not felt in too long of a time. (run-on sentence...I know)

and then to top it off place a red white and blue sticker on the cover that reads "Every purchase will support our troups." (small print will reveal that the troups are Terry, Ed, Greg, Tim and the Townsends)

that is all for now.

It is good to get back to Jack's number one support group.

04-07-2003 20:26 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MY response to Terry's letter.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH