Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rapsures » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rapsures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Rapsures Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Could this have been an early concept of Sacred Cows? They did covers of Petra and Degarmo & KeyShocked

03-23-2003 23:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't remember any covers, so I wouldn't call it Sacred Cows V. 1/2. I just consider those albums proof that Terry is just human after all.
03-24-2003 10:39 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They did More Power To Ya.

03-24-2003 12:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

I guess you're right. I have only heard the first two albums. But look what All Music listed first under "Similar/Related Albums"

" Carman: Absolute Best "
03-24-2003 12:58 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Shocked

There is a Terry/Carman link.
03-24-2003 13:24 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

Thank you! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
Shocked
There is a Terry/Carman link.

Isn't this what I've been saying all along? Accepting this truth once and for all will help usher in the Peaceable Kingdom, where we all can finally get on the band-wagon and bring Jesus to both the highways and the backroads regardless of our personal tastes!

Of course, I've been saying all along that the Terry/Carman link was Steve Taylor, but hey, this is even better. Smile

03-24-2003 13:32 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

You're a scary man, Bowling Pin!
03-24-2003 13:35 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

brd up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like to think of it as the fear of God. Smile

03-24-2003 13:48 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Bowling Pin
I like to think of it as the fear of God. Smile

Roll Eyes

heres a better one....... Big Grin

Rapture by Blondie

Toe to toe, dancing very close.
Body breathing almost comatose.
Wall to wall, people hypnotized.
And they're stepping lightly.
Hang each night, in rapture.
Back to back, sacroiliac.
Spineless movement and a wild attack.
Face to face, sightless solitude.
And it's finger popping.
Twenty four hour shopping in rapture.
Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly.
D.J. spinning, I said, "My, My."
Flash is fast, flash is cool.
Francois, c'est pas flashe non due.
And you don't stop, sure shot.
Go out to the parking lot.
And you get in your car and drive real far.
And you drive all night and then you see a light.
And it comes right down and it lands on the ground.
And out comes the man from Mars.
And you try to run but he's got a gun.
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head.
And then you're in the man from Mars.
You go out at night eating cars.
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too.
Mercurys and Subaru.
And you don't stop.
You keep on eating cars.
Then when there's no more cars you go out at night
And eat up bars where the people meet.
Face to face.
Dance cheek to cheek.
One to one.
Man to man.
Dance toe to toe.
Don't move too slow 'cause the man from Mars is through with cars.
He's eating bars.
Yeah, wall to wall.
Door to door.
Hall to hall.
He's gonna eat 'em all.
Rapture.
Be pure.
Take a tour through the sewer.
Don't strain your brain.
Paint a train.
You'll be singing in the rain.
Said don't stop to the punk rock.
Well now you see what you wanna be.
Just have your party on T.V.
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars where the T.V's on.
And now he's gone back up to space where he won't have a hassle with the
human race.
And you hip hop.
And you don't stop.
Just blast off, sure shot.
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eating cars
And eating bars
And now he only eats guitars.
Get up!

Cool
03-24-2003 14:09 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I can top that.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rapture by Pedro the Lion

This is how we multiply
Pity that it's not my wife....

Shocked

On second thought.... it only gets worse from there.... You go see them last week, Joey?

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-24-2003 14:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Du-hu-huuuuuuuude! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry Taylor doing, like, RAP?

That's just friggin', you know, like, SILLY!

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
03-24-2003 14:39 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

i wanna hear that...............

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-24-2003 14:40 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

i was mistaken....
it was weds night, not tues....
and i have my 4 y/o son on weds....
it was all ages, but didn't take him....... Frown

Cool
03-24-2003 14:40 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Probably the wise choice, given the lyrics I didn't post.... not that they were crude, per se, just.... um.... evocative....

03-24-2003 14:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by web
I don't remember any covers, so I wouldn't call it Sacred Cows V. 1/2. I just consider those albums proof that Terry is just human after all.

what the Rapsures or Sacred Cows??

I don't know about the Rapsures, but Sacred Cows Rock! Big Grin

03-24-2003 15:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by web

what the Rapsures or Sacred Cows??

I don't know about the Rapsures, but Sacred Cows Rock! Big Grin

Rapsures, of course. We agree on Cows.
03-24-2003 15:06 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Whooo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh good.
I know a lot of folks here give the cows a bad "rap!"

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Get it? "Rap?"

Man! I kill myself! Smile )

03-24-2003 15:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:

yes, and your sense of humor was the first casaulty

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-24-2003 19:42 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
quote:

yes, and your sense of humor was the first casaulty

Too funny!!!!http://danielamos.com/wbboard/images/icons/biggrin.gif

03-24-2003 21:12 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Oh good.
I know a lot of folks here give the cows a bad "rap!"

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Get it? "Rap?"

I love....

I love....

I love....

....MY HAND OR MY FACE! Big Grin

(next...next....next....next....)

03-25-2003 08:02 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rapsures

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH