Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

of course Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HEY, BRENNETH! you out there?

and please don't ever feel like you can't come up and say hi--

i think i've said this before--i'm kind of in a strange place right after playing, but it has nothing to do with not wanting to see friends--it's just difficult for me to LOOK civil enough that someone would want to approach me. i seem to unintentionally put people off, and i'm deeply sorry--i certainly don't mean it

come up and say hi next time--tell me who you are!
03-12-2003 22:12 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

i don't get it Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by Jad
Keith's dead.

I think that says it all Big Grin

so you're saying that since Keith is dead, the Spirit no longer uses his music? you're saying that the music that came out of the Jesus movement honestly doesn't have more spiritual significance that this hack crap spewed out by the money making CCM machine we have in 2003? that songs like "Which Way the Wind Blows" doesn't affect you more than "Friends" ? that is truly sad...
03-12-2003 22:13 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
BobRobertz BobRobertz is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
car man/keith--i just don't know enough about who serves what purpose spiritually. no harm intended

How about from the perspective of their lyrics? I hate to sound judgmental, but the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is no Keith Green. I wonder if Keith ever listened to Daniel Amos. I would love to know what he thought (although I'd be crushed if he didn't share my enthusiasm).

Peace.
03-12-2003 22:13 BobRobertz is offline Send an Email to BobRobertz Search for Posts by BobRobertz Add BobRobertz to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of BobRobertz: BobRobertz1
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

just wanted to say... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi tim!
it's fun having you here answering (and, when appropriate, dodging) questions & stuff Smile Smile

03-12-2003 22:13 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Wanted a photograph?

i am utterly pathetic!

lol

03-12-2003 22:13 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thank you Mr. Chandler!
03-12-2003 22:14 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
[I]Originally posted by somehypocriticalChrist-ian
...Jesus movement honestly doesn't have more spiritual significance that this hack crap spewed out by the money making CCM machine we have in 2003? that songs like "Which Way the Wind Blows" doesn't affect you more than "Friends" ? that is truly sad...

Did "Friends" come out in 2003? I thought that was last year!

03-12-2003 22:16 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Mr C.

Do you know if Terry has seen or heard our little tribute CD?

BD

03-12-2003 22:16 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

bobrobertz Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when i said "no," what i meant was that i'm really not familiar with their lyrics or music, either one of them, so i really couldn't know--

yes, i know that one ridiculous the Tuxedo Clad Megastar song the eddies did, but honestly that's about it

and i really don't know a thing about keith green--i was just never into it
03-12-2003 22:20 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

MR. Tim, Have you read/would you recommend Mr. Buechner's Long Day's Dying? i think its the only one i've missed. i think it was pre seminary...
03-12-2003 22:20 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

anne Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you
03-12-2003 22:22 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

and i really don't know a thing about keith green--i was just never into it

if you get a chance, check it out. aside from the couple of disco sounding cuts (it was the late 70's), it will change your life...
03-12-2003 22:22 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

haven't read that one--(still on this darned computer manual thing!
03-12-2003 22:23 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

shC you are about to become a Mind Peach...

congrats!!! Big Grin

BD

03-12-2003 22:24 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Hi Tim. I'm from Canada...

How many times have you played up here? I saw the choir with Rick Elias in about 1991 in Toronto. It was so great to be there, that must have been around the time Circle Slide came out. That was good stuff. I'm pretty sure you were there then right? That was post-Robin I believe.

03-12-2003 23:14 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Daniel Amos

i've played up there a lot but i wasn't playing with them in 91
03-12-2003 23:18 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Who would have played bass then? I'm sure it wasn't Robin...maybe in 92, did you do the tour with Rick Elias?

03-12-2003 23:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by somehypocriticalChrist-ian
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jad
Keith's dead.

I think that says it all Big Grin

so you're saying that since Keith is dead, the Spirit no longer uses his music? you're saying that the music that came out of the Jesus movement honestly doesn't have more spiritual significance that this hack crap spewed out by the money making CCM machine we have in 2003? that songs like "Which Way the Wind Blows" doesn't affect you more than "Friends" ? that is truly sad...

Yikes. Way to jump on the judgment train my friend. I am simply saying that Keith Green is dead (in an earthly sense) and so is the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. In fact the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is deader than dead. I love the music of Keith Green. When I was a baby my parents took me to a Keith Green concert. I wish I could remember it. When I lead my youth group in worship, nine times out of ten I play Create In Me A Clean Heart. The guy was amazing. How did you take my little joke so wrong??? Anyway, hope that clears things up Big Grin

03-12-2003 23:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Yikes. Way to jump on the judgment train my friend. I am simply saying that Keith Green is dead (in an earthly sense) and so is the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. In fact the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is deader than dead. I love the music of Keith Green. When I was a baby my parents took me to a Keith Green concert. I wish I could remember it. When I lead my youth group in worship, nine times out of ten I play Create In Me A Clean Heart. The guy was amazing. How did you take my little joke so wrong??? Anyway, hope that clears things up Big Grin

sorry, i saw that sentiment a few times and posed a question....

i guess it stems from my longing for music that challenges/changes/charges me that much...
03-12-2003 23:31 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I'm right there with you Big Grin

03-12-2003 23:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH