Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sacred Cows Responses
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I mean, "God made convertables" ...please.

that one is almost too bad to be funny, kinda like the Al Denson song Smile

06-11-2002 16:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Come and go with me to my Father's house...

I laugh just thinking about this one Big Grin

06-11-2002 17:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

It is a big big house Big Grin

06-11-2002 20:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

It is a big big house Big Grin

with lots and lots of room.

06-11-2002 22:46 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Carman Victim
unregistered
Sacred Cows Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I read the reviews of this album, and I was shocked and disgusted that this Swizzling Eddies band would mock the serious, Christ-pleasing music of dedicated Christians. How can this Slurping Eddies band call themselves Christian? How can you people not only listen to the album, but find it funny? You should all get on your knees and pray for forgiveness for mocking the servants of the Lord.
06-12-2002 09:21
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Victim
I read the reviews of this album, and I was shocked and disgusted that this Swizzling Eddies band would mock the serious, Christ-pleasing music of dedicated Christians. How can this Slurping Eddies band call themselves Christian? How can you people not only listen to the album, but find it funny? You should all get on your knees and pray for forgiveness for mocking the servants of the Lord.

Ahhhhhhhh, lighten up, CV! It's all in fun! Big Grin
06-12-2002 09:46 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

CV is a Doppel
06-12-2002 09:54
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
CV is a Doppel

Duh!

Diddit Do
06-12-2002 09:57 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

Who is CV?
06-12-2002 10:05
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Who is CV?

are you sure you need to ask?

06-12-2002 10:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Who is CV?

are you sure you need to ask?

Yup
06-12-2002 11:29
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:

It's the Swirling Eddies - last I checked.

I'm sure "I Luv crap Music" pleased Christ. Yes, I'm sure He was looking down upon DCTalk and saying, "job well done boys." He may not have been saying "you're going down to hell", but guess what? There's good music, and crappy music. A lot of the CCM music at the time goes under the latter category. Need I say more?

P.S. I don't know if you've ever heard "Wacky Fan Letter", but if you did A) I don't think you'd be posting on this board, and B) by posting on this board you are becoming that wacky fan.

06-12-2002 13:37 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Carman Victim
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:

It's the Swirling Eddies - last I checked.

I'm sure "I Luv crap Music" pleased Christ. Yes, I'm sure He was looking down upon DCTalk and saying, "job well done boys." He may not have been saying "you're going down to hell", but guess what? There's good music, and crappy music. A lot of the CCM music at the time goes under the latter category. Need I say more?

P.S. I don't know if you've ever heard "Wacky Fan Letter", but if you did A) I don't think you'd be posting on this board, and B) by posting on this board you are becoming that wacky fan.

First of all, I don't care what that band calls themselves. Swirling, Spinning, Twirling, whatever. I don't know about you, but "I Luv crap Music" ministers to me, and I think any song that ministers to a person is pleasing to God. No one should mock a song that was written to please God, and that includes "I Luv crap Music."
And no, I am not familiar with any "Wacky Fan Letter," and I resent your implication that I am wacky. I am a serious servant of the Lord.
06-12-2002 15:05
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

First of all, I don't care what that band calls themselves. Swirling, Spinning, Twirling, whatever. I don't know about you, but "I Luv crap Music" ministers to me, and I think any song that ministers to a person is pleasing to God. No one should mock a song that was written to please God, and that includes "I Luv crap Music."
And no, I am not familiar with any "Wacky Fan Letter," and I resent your implication that I am wacky. I am a serious servant of the Lord.

1: i no think you are real

2: i no care if you are real

3: camarillo's version of ''rap'' is the only good version

4: don't come into our house rippn on our band

5: where do you hang out? so we can go over there and
share some christian love as you are with us.

6: you may not know about the wacky fan letter, but you
sure are wacked!

7: i don't have a clue as to where i'm going with all this

8: now i've lost my train of thought....

9: we borrowed the simpons first season on DVD from my
sister and my kids watched it all night last night and
started it up again this morning

10: did you know that smithers was black the first time he
appeared on the show? it's true...i forgot about it.

11: cman is no champion

12: is anyone still reading this dribble?

13: oh yeah, how does ''i love crap music'' minister to you?

14: phone call for al.......phone call for al....AL
Keholic...is there an alkeholic in the house....ha ha ha ha

16: why does this keep going?

17: ok, there are 16 eq panels....with an overall length
of 165 1/2''....with 1'' reveals...that would make each
panel.....oh sorry just doing some work

18: Big Grin Wink Roll Eyes

19: get over yourself....I had to

20: i think that's it

06-12-2002 15:26 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Maybe not so serious? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You know, y'all might be the victim of some serious tongue-in-cheek. I recall someone on this board who used an alias and came on as the right reverend tucker, then revealed himself after some of us got on his case.

As with Mr. Camarillo, you might just be dealing with another Eddy!

06-12-2002 15:55 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Bubba
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

I believe CV is real and I fear him.... Evil

06-12-2002 16:02 Bubba is offline Send an Email to Bubba Search for Posts by Bubba Add Bubba to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:

1) Any song that ministers to people pleases God? That would mean that God is pleased with secular (I despise that we have a word for it...) bands too, right? I have a hard time deciding either way, but that probably means what you're saying is radical.

2) As it has been said before, the Eddies did this in good fun. DCTalk and AA have abandoned their poppy rappy crappy roots and have started making good music (if there's any evidence that these bands agree with the Eddies, this would be it).

3) To make a long story short, the "Wacky Fan Letter" was a recording of Terry Taylor reading - you guessed it - a "Wacky Fan Letter". The fan starts by expressing his/her dislike for a particular DA album, "Bibleland" and begins to list off suggestions as to what made early DA music "good." It's really funny because the fan never seems to able to decide whether s/he is a fan or not.

You may not be a fan, but simply finding this board is enough effort on your part for me to deem you "wacky." You should be proud. Don't you think people considered Christ "wacky" in His time?

Sincerely,
Dave

06-12-2002 16:32 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Carman Victim
unregistered

quote:
quote:

1: i no think you are real

2: i no care if you are real

3: camarillo's version of ''rap'' is the only good version

4: don't come into our house rippn on our band

5: where do you hang out? so we can go over there and
share some christian love as you are with us.

6: you may not know about the wacky fan letter, but you
sure are wacked!

7: i don't have a clue as to where i'm going with all this

8: now i've lost my train of thought....

9: we borrowed the simpons first season on DVD from my
sister and my kids watched it all night last night and
started it up again this morning

10: did you know that smithers was black the first time he
appeared on the show? it's true...i forgot about it.

11: cman is no champion

12: is anyone still reading this dribble?

13: oh yeah, how does ''i love crap music'' minister to you?

14: phone call for al.......phone call for al....AL
Keholic...is there an alkeholic in the house....ha ha ha ha

16: why does this keep going?

17: ok, there are 16 eq panels....with an overall length
of 165 1/2''....with 1'' reveals...that would make each
panel.....oh sorry just doing some work

18: Big Grin Wink Roll Eyes

19: get over yourself....I had to

20: i think that's it

1: I don't care if you think I'm real or not. I'm real, and that's all that matters.

2: See above.

3: That's simply not true.

4: I didn't come here to "rip" on David Amos or the Twirling Eddies. I came here to spread the joy of listening to the Tuxedo Clad Megastar.

5: I'm not going to let you pollute my "hang-out" with your foul language, vulgar humor, and twisted bands.

6: I am not.

7: Then why didn't you stop?

8: See above.

9: The Simpsons is a foul, vulgar show that no Christian should ever watch.

10: Are you some kind of racist?

11: I beg to differ.

12: Do you mean your dribble? Or do you mean my words of wisdom? They certainly aren't dribble.

13: It has lines about how the Lord gave the singer a brand new heart. It is a beautiful song of salvation in Christ, and should never be mocked.

14: I don't get it.

16: Because you people insist on mocking the fine work of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, Amy Grant, and other great musicians.

17: You should do your work, instead of wasting your time mocking the Tuxedo Clad Megastar.

18: How rude.

19: I am over myself. I have died to myself, and Christ now lives in me.

20: God bless you.
06-12-2002 17:35
Carman Victim
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

1) Any song that ministers to people pleases God? That would mean that God is pleased with secular (I despise that we have a word for it...) bands too, right? I have a hard time deciding either way, but that probably means what you're saying is radical.

2) As it has been said before, the Eddies did this in good fun. DCTalk and AA have abandoned their poppy rappy crappy roots and have started making good music (if there's any evidence that these bands agree with the Eddies, this would be it).

3) To make a long story short, the "Wacky Fan Letter" was a recording of Terry Taylor reading - you guessed it - a "Wacky Fan Letter". The fan starts by expressing his/her dislike for a particular DA album, "Bibleland" and begins to list off suggestions as to what made early DA music "good." It's really funny because the fan never seems to able to decide whether s/he is a fan or not.

You may not be a fan, but simply finding this board is enough effort on your part for me to deem you "wacky." You should be proud. Don't you think people considered Christ "wacky" in His time?

Sincerely,
Dave

1. There is no way that a secular song could possibly minister to anyone.

2. In may have been done in good fun (although I doubt that), but it was in very bad taste.

3. So anyone who disagrees with popular opinion or doesn't like everything put out by David Amos is wacky, huh? Have you people no Christian love in your hearts?
06-12-2002 17:38
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

1: I don't care if you think I'm real or not. I'm real, and that's all that matters.

what about God?

2: See above.

also see above

3: That's simply not true.

sure it is, I'm always right

4: I didn't come here to "rip" on David Amos or the Twirling Eddies. I came here to spread the joy of listening to the Tuxedo Clad Megastar.

you just did Carmon Linguini Vic Tom

5: I'm not going to let you pollute my "hang-out" with your foul language, vulgar humor, and twisted bands.

you're just no fun Frown

6: I am not.

how about, you need to be wacked?

7: Then why didn't you stop?

why didn't you! that's the real question here.

8: See above.

see below

9: The Simpsons is a foul, vulgar show that no Christian should ever watch.

I know, ain't it fun!

10: Are you some kind of racist?

no, are you? were you expecting me to join your little racist club?

11: I beg to differ.

don't beg, it's very unbecoming.

12: Do you mean your dribble? Or do you mean my words of wisdom? They certainly aren't dribble.

your dribble my dribble, what's the difference? just shoot the ball!

13: It has lines about how the Lord gave the singer a brand new heart. It is a beautiful song of salvation in Christ, and should never be mocked.

so as long as a song has something in it about God, you can't mock the any part of the song?

14: I don't get it

I know, that's the problem

C. More, last name Buts....is there a C. More here, a C. More Buts? Hey everybody, I wanna C. More Buts

16: Because you people insist on mocking the fine work of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, Amy Grant, and other great musicians.

Crying

17: You should do your work, instead of wasting your time mocking the Tuxedo Clad Megastar.

I know, thanks for the tip!

18: How rude.

no this is rude (_*_) the other stuff is just little faces

19: I am over myself. I have died to myself, and Christ now lives in me.

Then that is a good thing Big Grin

20: God bless you.

God bless us everyonePleased

that was fun, let's not do it again sometime.

so, who do think this is?

Dennis? maybe

Shemp? I think so

Joey? ????

anyone else?

06-12-2002 18:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH