Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rob Watson » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rob Watson
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RandyS RandyS is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Rob Watson Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was looking through some albums the other day and found one I bought in 1981 called Tamarak. Keyboards were played by Rob Watson. Same Rob I assume? Just wondering.
04-01-2002 18:04 RandyS is offline Send an Email to RandyS Search for Posts by RandyS Add RandyS to your Buddy List
Vertitron Vertitron is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-30-2002

More Rob Watson! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Never heard of this. What does the album sound like? Is it new wave? Cool

The elusive keyboard member of DA intrigues me. I have a couple of his tracks from the No Sense of History volumes. I often wonder what else he has out there...
04-01-2002 19:23 Vertitron is offline Send an Email to Vertitron Homepage of Vertitron Search for Posts by Vertitron Add Vertitron to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Same Rob.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-01-2002 21:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RandyS RandyS is a male
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by RandyS
Rob Watson Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I figured it was the same Rob. It's a very good album in my opinion. It is not new wave. It has a light rock/jazz sound. Rob wrote three of the songs (and also sang lead vocals on those) and co-wrote two others. The album was produced by Jonathan David Brown on Parbar Music. When I bought Vox Humana I knew I had seen Rob's name somewhere before (besides Doppleganger).
04-02-2002 20:34 RandyS is offline Send an Email to RandyS Search for Posts by RandyS Add RandyS to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm curious as to where the other recordings of Rob's live...

I liked the stuff from No Sense of History, too.

01-04-2003 23:43 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Will the DA web-store ever carry the stuff the individual members have done on the side?

01-05-2003 02:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Rob ROCKS! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm so glad to see this post! I have come to know RW as a brother among brothers.
Indeed he's done many things. During the 80s, along with his role in DA, he also played keys for Petra and also for Sheila Walsh (I believe the tour with Steve Taylor for On The Fritz). He has also scored music for movies and conducted the orchestras who recorded the music.
Go check out some more of his credits at:
http://www.rwatson.com

He deserves the admiration for sure! Big Grin
01-05-2003 02:55 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

nice sight... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...thanks theo.

01-07-2003 19:54 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes thanks. I think you posted that once before...

01-08-2003 06:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Will the DA web-store ever carry the stuff the individual members have done on the side?

Everything that is made available to us. We're hoping to help Marty sell his project when it's finished.. either by selling it from the store, or at least linking to a page where he is selling it. We'd love to have some other projects from other band members as well. I think most DA fans are interested in what former band members are up to.

BTW - we got an update from Marty D - he said he's probably done about 65% of the recording work and hopes to start finishing things up after the 15th.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-08-2003 11:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I met Rob at Lifest, and he seemd like a very nice fella. He has a load of talent! Smile )

01-08-2003 16:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Theophilus
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 12-12-2002

Hello to all of you nice people on the DAmb.

I was purusing the eBay listings tonight and found this:

Rob Watson 45
01-08-2003 18:57 Theophilus is offline Send an Email to Theophilus Search for Posts by Theophilus Add Theophilus to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

That's cool. I might bid on it before the end. Thanks.

01-09-2003 10:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

U've got moneys in PayPal, brd. Wink

Nice price, it's is...yessss.....Smile

01-09-2003 15:18 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

who's Rob Watson?

Wink
01-09-2003 16:49 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Isn't that Wayne Watson's brother...Confused

Wink

01-09-2003 16:57 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Wayne Newton?
01-09-2003 17:23 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Administrator

Newton John?

01-09-2003 23:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

John Wayne?

01-10-2003 00:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

John Paul Jones?

01-10-2003 06:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rob Watson

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH