Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top X you don't have » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Top X you don't have
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Top X you don't have Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What are the top DA-related recordings that you want but don't have (or have on less than ideal media)?

- Lets Spin (cassette only)
- Outdoor Elvis ("illegal" poor quality CD)
- Surely, Goodness and Misery (never seen it)
- No Sense of History (never seen it)
- Dr. EDT ("illegal" poor quality CD)

Note: this is a plug for more reissues!!!!!!

10-25-2002 23:18 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doppelganger (Only have it on vinyl and we don't have a record player)
Vox Humana (Ditto)
Fearful Symmetry (Have a tape, but not the official one)
Darn Floor Big Bite (Never heard it, don't own it in any format aside from a couple of MP3s)
Let's Spin (Haven't heard it, don't have it)
Zoom Daddy (Haven't heard it aside from a couple of MP3s, don't have it)

Fortunately, we have tape copies of Doppelganger and Vox Humana.

And the list just goes on...

10-26-2002 01:05 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been blessed in having an understanding wife who has let me get caught up on my DA/SE/TST/LD collections down through the years. There's very few I want that I don't have, but here's the one's I'm missing:

--DARN FLOOR BIG BITE (only have on vinyl)
--SHOTGUN ANGEL ( same)
--OUTDOOR ELVIS (Only have on worn out cassette)
--LET'S SPIN ( same)

I do have an extra CD copy of "BIBLELAND!"
10-26-2002 12:14 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
What are the top DA-related recordings that you want but don't have (or have on less than ideal media)?

Note: this is a plug for more reissues!!!!!!

- Lets Spin (dead cassette)
- Outdoor Elvis ("illegal" poor quality CD)
- Dr. EDT (dead cassette)
- Maranatha Daniel Amos (dead cassette - I miss this one!)
- DFBB ("illegal" poor CD quality)

10-26-2002 14:25 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

DFBB (don't have it all, and I've only ever heard the title track)
Outdoor Elvis (don't have it all, and I've only heard the tracks that are on Berry Vest)
Let's Spin (ditto)
Scenic Routes (but I'll be ordering this soon)
Vox Humana (have this as part of the Chronicles Bookset, but I'd like to have a copy with it all on one disc)
10-26-2002 19:03 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

Zoom Daddy (Haven't heard it aside from a couple of MP3s, don't have it)

Zoom Daddy's pretty easy to find...
10-26-2002 19:04 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I think I have everything. Big Grin

10-26-2002 22:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I think I have everything. Big Grin

Yeah... just rub it in...

Mad
10-26-2002 23:58 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i missed the Alarma book set and have never seen Shirley.
10-27-2002 13:13 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i missed the Alarma book set and have never seen Shirley.

Radrockers get a copy of the bookset every now and then... and they sell it for about $100...
10-27-2002 21:26 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

That's a lot of money. That's why you have to get the stuff when it comes out.

10-27-2002 21:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

The only things I don't have are some of the one off compilations like the following that contain just a couple of DA realted tracks:

_Rock Around the World_
_Boot level_
_Live at Flevo_
_Orphans of God_
_Alternative Worship_
_Happy Christmas Vol 2_

All the rest I seem to have in best available format, so there! Tongue

MartyB
10-27-2002 23:26 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
That's a lot of money. That's why you have to get the stuff when it comes out.

There better be a re-issue!

10-28-2002 00:53 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

I don't have em all, but I do have Alt Worship and Happy Christmas 2 Tongue

Missing but getting soon

City On A Hill : It's Christmas Time

These I don't have, and don't really want anyway

Various Maranatha 5
Maranatha! Country Roundup
Rock Around the World
Boot level
Live at Flevo
Orphans of God
Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits (not in a big hurry for this since I have all the songs already)
Jesus People Reunion (same reason)
Neverhood Songs (Have the Game and Imaginarium so I don't need this one)
Glimpses of Grace (nothing new for me here)
Live from the Acoustic Stage
Making God Smile
The Lost Dogs - No Shadow of Turning - One Track Limited Edition

BD

10-28-2002 07:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Swirling Munchkins - Lets Spin (curently cassette)
Swirling Munchkins - Outdoor Elvis (Curently Cassette)
Swilting Munchkins - Spittle and Phlem DVD (VHS)
Lost Munchkins - Pray Where you are single/ No shadow of a turning (Don't have at all)
Lost Munchknins - Scenic Routes (cassette)
Munchkin Amos - Self titled (Vinyl)
Munchkin Amos - Alarma (Vinyl/Cassette/ bookset - want CD only)
Munchkin Amos - Vox Humana (Cassette/bookset - want Cd only)
Munchkin Amos - Fearful Symmetry (Cassette/Bookset - want Cd only)
Munchkin Amos - Darn floor Big Bite (cassette)
Munchkin Amos - Motorcycle Tracks (Illegal cassette copy)
Various Munckins - Shirley goodness and Misery (illegal cassette copy)
Various Munchkins - No scense of history (illegal cassete copy)
Various Munchkins - Happy Christmas 2

I have some things that none of you have bwa ha ha ha ha

1) Cassettes of Fearful symmetry and DFBB that are printed with "Distributed in New Zealand by..."
2) The mp3.com Shotgun Angel web disk - but it's printed wrong - it only has one song on it "Mall all over the world"!

10-28-2002 15:36 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Fearful Symmetry (cassette only)
DFBB (Cassette only)
Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor (Cassette Only)
Live Bootlet 1982 (Cassette Only)
Daniel Amos Self Titled (Don't Have)
Motorcycle Radio Tracks (Don't have)
Let's Spin (Cassette Only)
Outdoor Elvis (Cassette Only)
Shirley Goodness and Misery (Don't Have)
No Sense Of History (Don't Have)
That Christmas One (Don't Have)

10-29-2002 22:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Hey Big Dork Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
These I don't have, and don't really want anyway

Making God Smile

You really should get this, and not neccessarily for the TST/LD/Maderia tracks alone. It is superb and really highlights what a great writer/arranger Brian Wilson was. It goes WAY beyond surf music.

MartyB
10-30-2002 13:07 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

New :
7 Deadly Sins — Miranda Stone
Say Yr Prayers — Mike Roe
Direct — 77s
Little, Big — Terry Taylor
Making God Smile — various

Upcoming :
Scenic Routes (reissue) — Lost Dogs

Old, but I still don't have it:
Music for Artists (4CD series) — Phil Keaggy
Surfonic Water Revival — various

Longstanding (i.e., "medium-replacement"):
Circles in the Stream — Bruce Cockburn
Peter Gabriel (3rd, w/“Biko”) — Peter Gabriel
Shazam! — The Move

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-30-2002 13:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MartyB

You really should get this, and not neccessarily for the TST/LD/Maderia tracks alone. It is superb and really highlights what a great writer/arranger Brian Wilson was. It goes WAY beyond surf music.

MartyB

maybe, I never was much of a beach boys/brian wilson fan so I couldn't see spending the money on it.

BD

10-30-2002 13:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

FER ME Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i HAVE MOST OF THE "COMMERCIAL" STUFF(LIKE MY BEATLES-NOT MUCH BOOTLEGSmile
..(about 70% clean- some but CDRs....)

I recently put my DA/TST/LD along with Choir and Mark Heard CDs together-
no more room in the shoebox on top of my platter player.
10-30-2002 14:35 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top X you don't have

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH