Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tim Chandler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just had a thought- it would be nice to have a good bio on Tim. There may be one on the DA website but I am not aware of it. I think we fans would like this; I would.

10-20-2018 17:39 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow. what can one say. i saw it in an email and kinda hoped to get on here and find out it wasn't really true. Crying

got to meet him before briefly. big guy. funny guy. big heart was how he came across. great bass player.

i remember when i borrowed a the who DVD from the library and saw john entwistle playing and thought he was pretty good and sounded almost as good as tim.

at least i realized it sooner than i realized gene was gone. life is kinda crazy at times. Crying

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-27-2018 22:11 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

It's still a shock for all of us, MF....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-30-2018 02:40 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

I just came across this thread, and... wow, I'm stunned.

I remember reading an interview with Tim (don't know where to find it now) wherein he said something about how the bass guitar part is "the least important thing" going on in any given song. I shook my head and thought, "not when you're the one playing the bass, Tim."

10-31-2018 07:20 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Still feeling the loss.

12-08-2018 02:40 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah..

Cool
12-08-2018 12:10 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

a phenomenal talent and obviously well liked and respected member of the band... not sure I saw a band tribute to Tim. Was there one?

Psalm 119:83
12-08-2018 20:35 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Terry did a great tribute to him. And, of course, The Choir did one.

12-09-2018 02:43 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I would like to see a video of each of the remaining guys in turn telling us about what Tim meant to them, personal stories , etc.

12-09-2018 14:20 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I remember feeling fairly devastated when Mark heard died. And when Rich Mullins died that hit us pretty hard mainly because we had just seen him at Cornerstone playing football with some kids. Both of them were part of that 'cornerstone-ish' community of people. We met Rich very briefly a couple of times, didn't really come close to 'knowing him.' We had hung out with Tom Howard briefly a time or two and when he died it still felt like a punch to the gut.

When it came to Larry Norman and Gene Eugene they were different for us, mainly because we knew it was coming with Larry and never got to know Gene really at all.

But I think a lot of it has to do with all of us being part of a weird little community or 'family,' these artists have/had special unique relationships with their fans. That and the fact that their music is personal and real as opposed to CCM fluff. We all empathize and relate to what they say through their songs and often most of us are square pegs or outsiders as well. The type of people cornerstone was made for.

It's like losing a brother, uncle or cousin.

Absolutely spot on.

01-06-2019 01:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I drove by Tim's old home in Monrovia yesterday while on my way to a Mike Roe concert. A fabulous base line was playing on Motorcycle, and the tears came again.
01-07-2019 16:56 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mr. chandler..

Cool
01-07-2019 17:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

I wonder if the choir will have an honorary empty chair on their upcoming tour? didn't look into details; just assuming derri and mike were both playing guitar. but while certainly nothing like tim, derri did play respectable bass on some dogs tours...

Got a few miles left ...

02-26-2019 21:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I suspect that Mike will play some of the bass parts - I will ask him on Fb and let you know.

02-27-2019 01:02 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I think I just now figured it out. Some guys on tour play the bass because someone needs to fulfill that roll. Tim was a Bass Player. That's what he did.

02-27-2019 02:39 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Never saw this video yet... sorry if its old news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q_uGccXWSY

03-06-2019 14:48 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

I think we all saw that one. Quite the intimate look at his life.

03-09-2019 13:06 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Audiori J

Thats the one they played at the memorial service.

03-09-2019 17:00 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

that's really nice

Psalm 119:83
03-16-2019 17:47 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Yes, Mike played bass and did a pretty good job. Great show in Kannapolis, NC! Wish Dan coulda been there too. Full house! After Weather Girl, Derri said "i'm exhausted" Big Grin good mix of tunes, mike, kerosene halo, derri solo, choir past and present. really liking some of the new tunes too.

Got a few miles left ...

03-22-2019 22:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH