Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA in CBS » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA in CBS
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Shocked DA in CBS Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I went to a Christian book store today (Family Christian Stores). I wasn't looking for music, but since I was there I dug through the CDs. Holy (Sacred) Cow! Three DA albums were the first things I found (literally, they were filed under "A"). The debut remastered, Shotgun Angel remastered, and MBD. I'm hoping that Dig Here wasn't there because it was sold out (although I doubt that's the case).

I was pleasantly surprised to see those, and almost picked one up (but I thought better of it because I already have each of them). Instead I picked up The Rex Carrall Band, which as it turns out is pretty good (a bit Deep Purple-ish).

09-17-2014 17:23 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
(literally, they were filed under "A")

Someone's gonna be disappointed to find out the president of AFLAC doesn't sing.

09-18-2014 13:26 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's a CD of duck sounds....

09-18-2014 14:31 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: DA in CBS Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

believe it or not i discovered Da in a (so-called) Christian book store... Shocked
of course, that was in the 80's..
and i still don't have my rocket pack! Mad Confused Frown

Cool
09-19-2014 14:48 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: DA in CBS Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
believe it or not i discovered Da in a (so-called) Christian book store... Shocked
of course, that was in the 80's..
and i still don't have my rocket pack! Mad Confused Frown

I "discovered" DA at a CBS, but that was 15 years ago. I don't frequent CBSs, but when I do I make sure that I go through the CDs. It has been many years since I've seen a DA album. To see three of them was surprising, but the good kind....

Sadly, I don't have a rocket pack, either.

09-19-2014 15:05 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

CBS used to be the only place to get that kind of music around here, we had no choice unless we ordered directly from the band through mail order. Of course our CBS was pretty good about what they stocked in the 80s, they had everything.

09-19-2014 19:55 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yes, our local store wasn't bad... used to carry DA, Stonehill, Mark Heard and all of those folks, but you could also find things like Bruce Cockburn, TBone Burnett and U2 (before the fame).

When Sixpence None the Richer put out their last album I went in one thinking it might be the best place to find it..... the teenage girl at the counter had never heard of them. Yeesh.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-21-2014 00:28 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
PuP

CDs? Bookstores?

Sheesh, how old are you guys?!?

09-21-2014 21:26 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I like CDs and bookstores. . .

I was recently in a CBS, sadly there were no DA CDs. In fact I had a gift card and had a hard time finding anything I wanted. They did not even have a decent selection of commentaries or other biblical research type things.

There is a store not too far from here that still has some Common Children, Hoi Polloi, and other items on their discount rack.

Gone are the days when the good music was easily accessible in hard copy.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-22-2014 09:19 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
PuP

I understand the appeal of hard copies, but I am glad to have reclaimed the floor space in my home from my obscenely over-sized collection. Also, by the fifth home move, I was done with packing them up and hauling them to the next location.

09-22-2014 14:02 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

[quote]Originally posted by brother joel
I like CDs and bookstores. . .

There is a store not too far from here that still has some Common Children, Hoi Polloi, and other items on their discount rack.
BJ, you will be pleased to know that Hoi Polloi still perform together occasionally with the original lineup. I saw them at Parachute Festival (RIP) last year. They did some new stuff as well as some of the old stuff.
Jenny can still sing! And the boys can still play....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
09-22-2014 15:20 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
CDs? Bookstores?

Sheesh, how old are you guys?!?

Well, I was in high school when I found Doppelganger in my local CBS so I must be ... hm, I guess I'm old enough to be bad at math now too.
10-09-2014 15:35 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

At this same CBS:

Pimply teenage employee - Can I help you find something?

Me, looking through the CDs - I'm just looking for a diamond in the rough.

Employee - Is that the name of an album or song?

Employee, after a moment of awkward silence - Oh, I get it.

Me - Glad to see you got a few Daniel Amos albums, but too bad you don't have the latest one.

Employee - I've never heard any of his stuff.

Me - Daniel Amos is a band. You really should listen to it. I see you have Steve Taylor's latest, that's good.

The employee raised his eyebrows, gave an awkward smile, nodded his head and walked away.

I purchased the Steve Taylor album for $5 more than I could have on Amazon.

03-02-2015 23:53 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA in CBS

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH