Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Is This a Real Band? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is This a Real Band?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grandeped grandeped is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-01-2008

Is This a Real Band? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So this band claims to have opened for the "Daniel Amos Band" in Boston sometime between 81-85. Anyone know if this is a real band, or just a Wikipedia spoof?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformatix
03-22-2014 20:41 grandeped is offline Homepage of grandeped Search for Posts by grandeped Add grandeped to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No idea but that wikipedia page is destined to be deleted there are no references at all.

03-22-2014 23:31 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
grandeped grandeped is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-01-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by grandeped
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Probably at best this is someone that pressed 60 copies of their songs back in the 80s and then made up a bunch of stuff to drive up the value on eBay. But you never know - I thought that the band "Rescue" was a made up band until I found two of their releases.
03-23-2014 10:39 grandeped is offline Homepage of grandeped Search for Posts by grandeped Add grandeped to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: Is This a Real Band? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I call crapola.
I clicked on the lead guitarist reference Jeff Bailey and it took me to a the bio of a former major league baseball player.
Everything else comes up bupkis.

05-03-2014 23:15 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Could be anything really. There are a lot of little local unknown bands that have "opened" for these guys because they knew the promoter (or they *were* the promoter). Sometimes the band doesn't even realize they have an opening act until they show up and see the poster hanging on the door. It doesn't really mean a lot on it's own...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-03-2014 23:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Is This a Real Band?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH