Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't really care for the '70's pop/disco vibe of Child On A Leash. Joel seems like it would have been a much better fit on Nazarene Crying Towel, and seems a bit out of place on MBD. I'm not a big fan of the cajun-ish Pregnant Pause. None of these songs are unlistenable, but I'd gladly substitute Nowhere is Someplace anyday.

11-10-2010 11:40 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Right now, the only official release of Nowhere is Someplace is on the DVD.

Just a little update folks... the full announcement should be coming soon. One thing that has delayed it a little (aside from just working out the details) is that Terry is working on an idea of something to do for Christmas... its a very unique idea and should be fun. Keep watching!

I hope this wont be a christmas album, I hate them

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-10-2010 11:43 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Nowhere is Someplace should have made the cut....

agreed... Cool
and thick skin, ribbons and bows, ordianary extraordinary day, the staggering gods and she's a hard drink should not.... Evil

imho... Wink

Those songs are actually some of my favorites. Extraordinary ordinary day I think is possibly a nod towards Buechner's "The Alphabet of Grace," and the idea that every day, although ordinary, is quite miraculous as well.

11-10-2010 11:44 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so..........mbd is a smörgåsbord....
some people don't like shrimp...i love shrimp! Happy
some like fried chicken...i hate fried chicken! Mad
something for everybody... Pleased
i wouldn't mind another album like that...
or another dfbb..
or another songs of the heart.. Cool
or???

Cool
11-10-2010 12:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
or another dfbb..
or???

we just need anything, surely will be good Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-10-2010 12:26 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Is Terry's Christmas idea to open gifts with family?

Whatever Terry has got cookin' I'm sure will be good.

11-10-2010 12:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by pegotico
quote:
Right now, the only official release of Nowhere is Someplace is on the DVD.

Just a little update folks... the full announcement should be coming soon. One thing that has delayed it a little (aside from just working out the details) is that Terry is working on an idea of something to do for Christmas... its a very unique idea and should be fun. Keep watching!

I hope this wont be a christmas album, I hate them

most of them i do too....
but, songs for the day after Christmas is actually pretty good...
happy chrimbo from the sevens is awesome! Cool

Cool
11-10-2010 13:09 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Not a Christmas album, but it would make a great Christmas gift.

I'll fill you guys in once he completely gives the green light.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-10-2010 13:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

Cool. My wife has been asking me what I want....

11-10-2010 15:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

quote:

Coal? 'Cause, frankly, I'm freezing my butt off out here.
11-10-2010 15:50 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Coal? 'Cause, frankly, I'm freezing my butt off out here.

The beauty of living in Arizona... a sunny 72 right now....

11-10-2010 16:08 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

quote:
New songs.

We aren't going to do preorders, but we will need help.

The plan is to set a production budget goal (which will be set by Terry). Fans can pledge money towards that goal. We realize that some won't be able to give much and that is fine... whatever is possible will be helpful. No money will come out of anyones pockets until we reach the goal (or pass it up). If for some reason we don't reach the goal in the specified amount of time.. the whole thing is called off and we start over somehow. Hopefully that won't happen.

Depending on how much you pledge, you will receive some kind of prize or gift. We're still deciding on what all of those items will be but it'll be things like handwritten & autographed lyrics, special CDs or DVDs, a thank you in the liner notes, some kind of producer credit, etc, etc. (If anyone has suggestions for any of these items, send me a PM. Just remember - it needs to be easily fulfilled... while having Terry make you breakfast in bed might be a fun idea, it would be very hard and expensive to pull off.)

One of the most important areas we need help in is spreading the word. We will plaster the website, MySpace, Facebook and all of those sites with the announcement... the more you guys share it or send it to friends that might be interested, the better everything will work out.

Did you guys see what Steve Taylor did for his movie recently? Its the same basic idea, only not nearly as large of a goal. We might even use the same website to do it through because we liked how it updated the "pledged" amount and showed you how far you had to go.

It's about time!

Glad to hear these guys will be recording some new songs.
11-10-2010 16:27 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Those DA "commercials" that were posted on YouTube seem to be getting decent airplay.
DwDunphy's first video is up to 266 views. His second one is up to 57.
My first one is up to 90. My second is up to 141. The third is up to 58. And the fourth is up to 19.
Maybe one of them will go "viral"....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 11-10-2010 20:59.

11-10-2010 20:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Those DA "commercials" that were posted on YouTube seem to be getting decent airplay.
DwDunphy's first video is up to 266 views. His second one is up to 57.
My first one is up to 90. My second is up to 141. The third is up to 58. And the fourth is up to 19.
Maybe one of them will go "viral"....

you girls done real good

Psalm 119:83
11-10-2010 21:27 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:
If you don't like double records take the 2nd disc and throw it out.

I think you completely missed the point I was making. Perhaps Disc 1 (of whatever double album) would have sounded different had the artist (whichever artist) focused solely on that.
For example, to me, MBD has a lot in common with BibleLand. There are many times it has or almost has that "live in the studio" feel. Maybe that is what Terry was shooting for. And maybe it wasn't, but the time, energy and money that would have been required to make it how he really wanted it wasn't there. Who knows?
My point is that double-albums are more of a daunting task, and it is not pulled off much more often than it is....

Oh no I got the point. I just think you're wrong.

11-11-2010 12:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
quote:
Nowhere is Someplace should have made the cut....

agreed... Cool
and thick skin, ribbons and bows, ordianary extraordinary day, the staggering gods and she's a hard drink should not.... Evil

imho... Wink

Those songs are actually some of my favorites. Extraordinary ordinary day I think is possibly a nod towards Buechner's "The Alphabet of Grace," and the idea that every day, although ordinary, is quite miraculous as well.

I agree.
I would hate to see any of those songs left off.

11-11-2010 12:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I don't really care for the '70's pop/disco vibe of Child On A Leash. Joel seems like it would have been a much better fit on Nazarene Crying Towel, and seems a bit out of place on MBD. I'm not a big fan of the cajun-ish Pregnant Pause. None of these songs are unlistenable, but I'd gladly substitute Nowhere is Someplace anyday.

Nowhere is Somplace could have fit on there along with these other fine tunes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 11-11-2010 12:45.

11-11-2010 12:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
or another dfbb..
or???

And I like it all.

11-11-2010 13:04 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Another thing to remember is MBD if on vinyl would be closer to being a triple record or longer and albums like BibleLand and MotorCylcle would be double albums as would Outdoor Elvis.

11-11-2010 14:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Oh no I got the point. I just think you're wrong.

So double albums are not a daunting task?

11-11-2010 14:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH