Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where do you get your info on the idea of this being a double album? I have seen nothing mentioned yet by Taylor and the great fellows who run this board and who are making this happen have not said that either. Let us know where this was leaked form so that we can authenticate this rumor. God bless!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
11-08-2010 08:50 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually hope it's not a double album. Sometimes quantity does not equal quality. Most "double-albums" that have been made over the years seem to have a less polished feel to them, IMHO, including Mr. Buechner's Dream. Maybe it's on purpose and coincidental, but I think the amount of time, effort and ultimately money it takes to give each song and the overall concept the attention it needs and deserves--I think it is more of a daunting task on the longer albums.
Just my 2 pennies.

11-08-2010 10:47 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I'd be surprised if it is, but I was surprised when they decided to make Buechners a double album.

11-08-2010 11:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's try #4. This is not as good as the last one; however, I've wanted to do this concept since the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgc0v6-ovPI

11-08-2010 14:20 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I actually hope it's not a double album. Sometimes quantity does not equal quality. Most "double-albums" that have been made over the years seem to have a less polished feel to them, IMHO, including Mr. Buechner's Dream. Maybe it's on purpose and coincidental, but I think the amount of time, effort and ultimately money it takes to give each song and the overall concept the attention it needs and deserves--I think it is more of a daunting task on the longer albums.
Just my 2 pennies.

i kind of agree... the version of mbd that i play is one disk with about 6 songs and that silly 15 minutes of silence cut out....
most double albums that came out in the heydey of rock music in the 70's would fit on just a little more than one 80 minute cd...
now, of course, if Da can make 100 minutes worth of quality music, i am all for it... Cool

Cool
11-08-2010 14:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I can't think of one song that I would want cut off of Buechners, I always felt every song was exceptional.

11-08-2010 15:19 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I can't think of one song that I would want cut off of Buechners, I always felt every song was exceptional.

Ditto. I do think the silence at the end of the second disc could be cut down to about one minute, but other than that I have no complaints.
11-08-2010 15:30 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I know a lot of folks didn't like Chris Colbert's production choices, but material-wise, MBD is one of only a handful of albums I still listen to start-to-finish, so that's something.

As for any speculation on the new album and what it could be, there isn't even a Kickstarter page for it yet, and that would surely be delivered after something was posted on this site - so while there is obvious excitement afoot, take all information not originating from this site as wishin' & hopin'.
11-08-2010 15:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I'd LOVE another double album, but I'll settle for 14 fantastic songs on one disc.

(actually....I'll settle for whatever they give me) Tongue
11-08-2010 17:16 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Just my 2 pennies.

sad to hear this as MBD is a masterpiece and as Jason said every song IS exceptional and to add a little more my favorite!!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-08-2010 18:31 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
I know a lot of folks didn't like Chris Colbert's production choices, but material-wise, MBD is one of only a handful of albums I still listen to start-to-finish, so that's something.

I'm a big fan of what Chris Colbert did with this and The Choir's "Flap Your Wings." Chris did that, right? I'm not going to go look right now.
11-08-2010 20:55 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

http://networkedblogs.com/aiTTR

Big Grin

Yeah its definitely too early for line up speculation or guessing how many songs they'll make... most of that happens once they're in the studio. One thing about it though --- the more money they end up with in their budget, the easier it will be to include more musicians and potentially record more songs. Personally, I'd love it if they could have a budget large enough to record two albums!

No attempts will be made to lock them into any certain thing of course... I know we all want them to get in there and do what they do... whatever it may be.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-08-2010 20:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

colbert's production is not the issue...
if that was the issue, the whole album would .suck, and it definitely does not... Cool
just, with that many songs, there are gonna be some that are only 3 star songs compared to 5 star songs like author of the story, who's who here?, etc...
of course, as a wise man once said, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong... Tongue

Cool
11-08-2010 21:01 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

I like MBD as much as the next guy, but in my opion DFBB is a better album and look at the differences in lengths. With MBD I wish a little more post-production attention had been given to each song. There are a few songs I like less than the others, but that goes with most albums. Perhaps the longer the album the more chances of having those kind of songs.

11-08-2010 21:03 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah, I think theres something to that. Larger number of songs usually = larger variety. More chances for some to dislike a song or two, like you said.

There are people that think the White Album is too long... Shocked For me personally, I love that variety. Buechners and the White Album are both two of my favorite albums of all time.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-08-2010 21:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by joey
colbert's production is not the issue...
if that was the issue, the whole album would .suck, and it definitely does not... Cool
just, with that many songs, there are gonna be some that are only 3 star songs compared to 5 star songs like author of the story, who's who here?, etc...
of course, as a wise man once said, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong... Tongue

One thing that supports having that variety is that people will disagree on which are the better songs. For example, Who's Who Here? is not one of my favorites, though I like it pretty well. But I'm sure some of my favorites would be other folks' 3-star songs.
11-08-2010 21:52 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Just my 2 pennies.

Sounds like you have a little bit of Wacky Fan in you. Big Grin

"Fans want to hear the good music that you write, not everything that pops into your mind. " - WF

11-08-2010 22:39 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Just my 2 pennies.

I would love another double album! That would be wonderful!
MBD is great as is.

If you don't like double records take the 2nd disc and throw it out.

11-09-2010 06:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-497.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2007
Location: " I caught sight of you and your beauty broke my heart" TST Bobcaygeon,Ont, Canada

I hope it's Horrendous!!!

11-09-2010 07:37 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Just my 2 pennies.

I would love another double album! That would be wonderful!
MBD is great as is.

If you don't like double records take the 2nd disc and throw it out.

lol Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-09-2010 08:16 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH