Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Some SE questions??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Some SE questions???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Some SE questions??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well I was just curious about their other albums!!

I really love "lets spin" and "outdoor elvis" both are Greeeaaat albums!!

I dont care too much for "zoom daddy", maybe 1 or 2 songs but dont like it that much

Base on this can someone tell me if I would like

MIdget and sacred cows cds

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
07-15-2010 20:14 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You would not like "Sacred Cows". It's all covers, and goofy at that. I enjoy it, but it's not for everybody.

"Midget" is more like "Zoom Daddy". Less comedic subject matter. "Midget" is an excellent album, and if you buy expecting a great record, then you won't be disappointed. But, I would say that about ZD as well. Both are great records, but more serious over all than the first two SE albums.

07-15-2010 21:34 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sacred cows makes me happy.

07-15-2010 23:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

RE: Some SE questions??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

While I, too, really like the first two albums over "Zoom Daddy", I think "Midget" is in a class all by itself. It's more of a straight-ahead rock record. A "serious" one, at that. I'd have to say it's one of my favorites of Terry's albums. Worth getting, in any event!
07-16-2010 06:13 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I think of Midget as Zoom Daddy Lite.

07-16-2010 08:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I think of Midget as Zoom Daddy Lite.

"Son of Zoom Daddy."

07-16-2010 13:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Midget, too me, is more like the Lost Dogs on steriods.

It's a great album, but it seems a bit removed from the rest of the Eddies catalog. Then again, there are not too many Terry Scott Taylor albums that sound alike, so what should anyone expect?

07-16-2010 14:54 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Disconnect Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are big disconnects between each recording from DA, Eddies, Dogs, and TST solo. Can anyone name two contiguous recordings that sound the same? You never know what you're gonna hear next.

I loved Midget at soon as I heard it. Partly it was pent-up demand - I was one of those pre-orderers who waited a while (but my underwear was not in a bunch about it.) But mostly, like all things Terry it was different, unexpected, fresh, creative.

Highly recommended. Get it while you can.
Pleased

07-16-2010 16:06 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by pegotico

definitely all of you have done a good job convincing me on buying it!!! Big Grin

thanks!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
07-16-2010 20:54 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Be sure to tell us what you think of it after you've heard it a couple of times.
07-17-2010 05:55 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by pegotico
RE: Some SE questions??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
Be sure to tell us what you think of it after you've heard it a couple of times.

I definitely love midget. At first i wasnt sure as it was compare to zoom daddy which i dont care for but its totally different.

Eventhough its not the usual Eddies cd, I couldnt associate it with anyone else, its definitely an Eddie's cd. All songs are great with the exception of "snow in the can" which i dont care that much
my favorites are tremolo, cardboard box
it all depends, madonna inn, the midget the speck and the molecule

As you said, this cd is in a class all by itself, I love it Big Grin

It was worth getting!! thanks for all of the help!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az

Im still laughing about this one but honestly this one hit me when i was listening to it and this has to be the best description of Midget cd

08-20-2010 16:08 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az

i have heard some call the band on that one the lost eddies.... Big Grin

Cool
08-20-2010 16:11 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

medley of our hit will always be my favorite on there.

Tongue

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-20-2010 16:53 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Some SE questions???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH