Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Light Princess » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Light Princess
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Light Princess Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone have an mp3 of Light Princess that they would be willing to pass my way? We have friends that lost their 4 yr old daughter today. I am considering sending the song to them.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-19-2010 10:02 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very sorry to hear that, things like that really break my heart. I couldnt imagine that!!!

I Pray that the Lord touches that family and gives them strength.

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
05-19-2010 10:43 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by sprinklerhead
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pegotico
Very sorry to hear that, things like that really break my heart. I couldnt imagine that!!!

I Pray that the Lord touches that family and gives them strength.

Thanks.

05-19-2010 11:45 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I will be praying for them too! Such tragedy is so hard to understand and no one can comfort them. Not even Jesus can fully comfort someon during such a time. Eventually the scars fade, but the wounds open up again with ease.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
05-19-2010 11:57 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
I will be praying for them too! Such tragedy is so hard to understand and no one can comfort them. Not even Jesus can fully comfort someon during such a time. Eventually the scars fade, but the wounds open up again with ease.

I'm sure that is going to be the case. The last month was a roller coaster of hope followed by set backs. We really thought she was going to make it.

05-19-2010 13:07 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

If you don't have it by Friday, pm your email address on Friday and I'll pass it along.
05-19-2010 17:36 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The song never fails to make me severely melancholic. I can't imagine actually living through such a thing. My prayers are out there.
05-19-2010 18:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel

I wouldn't say "not even Jesus can", maybe it would be better to say that He permits us to pass through trials and if we trust Him He will surely be there for us and at the end we will be healed. The scars are gonna be there for sure but they wont hurt the way they use to.

God is good!!!!!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
05-20-2010 12:50 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but Light Princess is about the loss of an unborn child.

05-20-2010 16:34 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, yes it is....
having only experienced the loss of an unborn child, it wasn't all that huge of a deal to me at the time..
i can't imagine the grief of the loss of a 4 year old though...
prayers for those involved..

i went and read the lyrics again and that was kind of how i felt... well, the childs up in Heaven now, not meant to be in this world...
i don't think i would feel that way with the loss of a 4 year old...there would be a lot of anger and questions why? Crying

Light Princess

from the album "Knowledge and Innocence"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1986 SnellSongs (ASCAP)

Hand to teary eyes
Brush shadows (I see it now)
Much to my surprise
A light grows (I see it now)

No, I could not hold
This child in my arms
So I let her go and she

Floated to Heaven
She's up in Heaven
A loss, a gain
God knows her name
'Cos she's up in Heaven

A gift taken away
From my world (I see it now)
No, she could not stay
In this world (I see it now)

I have few answers
I quit asking "Why"
Since she's lighter than air and she's

Floating to Heaven
She's up in Heaven
So near, so far
Another star
That shines up in Heaven

Mmmmmmmm........
I see it now, I see it now

No, I could not hold
This child in my arms
So I let her go and she

Floated to Heaven
She's up in Heaven
A father gives
The Father takes
A father gives
The Father takes
Her on up to heaven

Mmmmmmmm........

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 05-20-2010 16:55.

05-20-2010 16:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
yes, yes it is....
having only experienced the loss of an unborn child, it wasn't all that huge of a deal to me at the time..
i can't imagine the grief of the loss of a 4 year old though...
prayers for those involved..

i went and read the lyrics again and that was kind of how i felt... well, the childs up in Heaven now, not meant to be in this world...
i don't think i would feel that way with the loss of a 4 year old...there would be a lot of anger and questions why?

Yes, completely agree.

And that song still brings tears to my eyes.

05-20-2010 20:30 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but Light Princess is about the loss of an unborn child.

I know but it still sort of fits. I don't know if I am going to pass it on though. I don't want to be the kind of friend that isn't sensitive to what they are going through. I have watched them through this difficult time, but cannot fully understand what they are going through.

05-21-2010 18:25 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Light Princess

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH