Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Happy St. Patricks Day! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy St. Patricks Day!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Happy St. Patricks Day! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(yeah, I know I'm a day late...)

Happy St. Patricks Day to all!

St. Patrick's Day isn't just about drinking green beer or porking on a slab of corned beef with cabbage, mates!

It's all about drawing close to God...

We are not alone in this world of spiritual struggle, and Christianity did not begin in the 14th century when Martin Luther discovered a bible under a rock.

St. Patrick was a monk, a gentleman who lived the by austerity and vision, struggling against Pirates, Pagans, and Potholes in the middle of the highway... He was kidnapped as a teenager and taken away to Ireland, and ended up converting that whole country to the Christian faith.

Here's a little web page about his life:
http://www.nireland.com/orthodox/padraig.htm

And another with his "confession of faith" - something that St. Patrick himself wrote about his belief in God and his struggle in the world.
http://www.ccel.org/p/patrick/confession/confession.html

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-18-2002 11:21 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

does anybody else like to wear the green and nibble on corned beef in October? One day a year is not enough for celebration. Would you at least be willing to join me for a tumbler of Baileys before an autumn fire?
10-12-2002 01:55 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
does anybody else like to wear the green and nibble on corned beef in October? One day a year is not enough for celebration. Would you at least be willing to join me for a tumbler of Baileys before an autumn fire?

Roll Eyes
10-14-2002 10:17 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

I'm wearing a green shirt today along with a family clan tie (Sterawrt of Atholl). We've got celtic roots on both islands and at paddy rocks every day.
I've been instant messaging a friend in Northern Ireland at the same time.
mega-patrick-punky-poopyhead
10-14-2002 10:27 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

My confirmation name was Patrick, but I'm not a Catholic anymore. St Patrick still rocks, though.
10-14-2002 10:28 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

St Pat\'s Day memories.......... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ahhh, 'tis a fine, fine day to celbrate the wearin' o'the green................although the green shirt I have on today could be more accurately described as "olive", it's GREEN, ain't it? yeah, it is.

Having grown up going to Catholic school, St Patty's Day was up there on a par with Christmas. Our Irish priests considered it a day of great honor and celebration.....and we always had a school program to make this day even more extra special. In fourth grade, I sang my first solo - "When Irish Eyes are Smiling"........ah, 'twas a fine, fine song. And ask JimINy about "Mrs. Murphy's Chowder"!!

St Patty's really was a fun time in those days - and hey, I've had a green beer or two in my time Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-14-2002 12:55 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thanks Woggy! i've always had a soft spot for tipsy, dancing cows. i know its columbus day, but i don't mind sprinkling my corned beef over some linguini. or maybe i could add some Italian sausage to that chowder you mentioned. Heres to an Irish/Italian coalition.
10-14-2002 13:08 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

there IS something special about slightly inebriated beef, isn't there, Baxter?

I'm thinking an Irish/Italian collaboration would be cool, but how about an Irish/Finnish heritage (which is what I have.) Not only do I celebrate St Pat's, but how about St Urho's?????! Oh, never heard of him? Tsk, tsk..........here's the best of it:

All About St Urho's Day

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-15-2002 15:35 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

St Urho is the bomb! i need to tell more Paso Roblans about him, as grapes are very big in this fine city. Thanks Woggy. i've got to hiiten.
10-15-2002 17:59 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Happy St. Patricks Day!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH