Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 19 20 [21] 22 23 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite releases November 25.

Darn Floor Big Bite - $12.78

cduniverse

Darn Floor Big Bite - $15.99

Amazon

Buy extras and give to friends.

both those links have the p-word!!! Shocked Shocked
no thanks! Red Face Tongue
when they are in stock, yes........ Big Grin

Cool
10-16-2008 23:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

amazon said this-

This title will be released on November 25, 2008.

can one verify that?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-17-2008 10:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All I can say is that I am ready for this reissue. I really dug the "Daniel Amos" two disc set.

I hope that this will be the beginning of Arena Rock's reissue of all DA-related things.

10-17-2008 10:13 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

what about things like the S/A going for 199?

or recent (original) copies of DFFB for 200 bucks?

Has e-bay helped in some way? -driving up the price?
when soon you can sell re-issues at a lower price?

just wondering about the ethics of driving up the price.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-17-2008 10:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

those buy it now deals on both those sites, are pipe dreams.

there's a reason you can always find them there for those prices.... meanwhile, you can buy the same thing in a regular auction for under$10....

same with knott stuff, and 77s.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-17-2008 10:30 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by joey

........ Big Grin

i like the p-word! Pleased

wait - no, not THAT p-word Tongue Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-30-2008 12:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

........ Big Grin

i like the p-word! Pleased

wait - no, not THAT p-word Tongue Red Face Big Grin

You rang?

Tongue

10-30-2008 23:02 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Prostate??!?
11-01-2008 23:13 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Should have some ordering details soon.. keep watching.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-06-2008 12:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Twenty Years ago
We follow Terry's carreer
Another release

11-06-2008 15:38 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Heather Mills has some CDRs stashed in her hollow leg

11-07-2008 06:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ubique Epoque

let me know if anyone has a normal old DFBB CD they want to sell really cheap after they get their new expanded copy Smile

Got a few miles left ...

11-07-2008 15:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
let me know if anyone has a normal old DFBB CD they want to sell really cheap after they get their new expanded copy Smile

once again, good luck with that.......

Cool
11-07-2008 16:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

The new Darn Floors look really nice by the way.. I think everyone is going to be very pleased. Definitely a first class reissue. Happy

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-07-2008 17:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

quote:

Trust me, the reissue is going to sound much better. While I'm grateful for having the old CD all these years, I'm not going to miss that lost bass and mid-range.
11-07-2008 17:42 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
quote:

Trust me, the reissue is going to sound much better. While I'm grateful for having the old CD all these years, I'm not going to miss that lost bass and mid-range.

i'm sure.......once it does come out... i'd be happily surprised if it does by thanksgiving..
i was just referring to the original still being a collectors item, and nobody is going to sell it for less than what the re-issue will cost...
so buy the reissue, mountain fan! Mad Mad Mad

Tongue Pleased

Cool
11-07-2008 18:03 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

I don't know if they'll make it in time for THanksgiving or not, but they are finished. I'm holding one in my hand. Happy

I don't know how long it'll take for a big shipment to arrive though. If it was Stunt alone, it'd be easy to say. But since its all going through Arena, a lot is up to them.

11-07-2008 18:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Phalanges Sandwich Phalanges Sandwich is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-24-2007

quote:

Well, I'm not sure what constitutes "really cheap" for you, but there's what I would consider a "cheap" copy (considering what I paid a couple years ago on ebay) on amazon marketplace currently (obviously more than $12.94). And if you think that's expensive (sorry for going on a tangent here), take a gander at a couple rare cds I'm considering buying at the moment (Rare Birds and To Jobim with Love). I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that I'm considering paying $400 for 2 cds, or that this guy is actually charging $400 for 2 cds with a user name like "guitarbassinstructor"......way to pass on the knowledge, scumbag......Hopefully I can talk him down to $100 apiece, unless someone here owns them and is willing to part with them......eh? eh? Anyways...../tangent

To finish, let me just say that I am MELTING WITH ANTICIPATION for this reissue. It's gotten to the point where I've been listening to the original 2 or 3 times a day just soaking in the fantastic music and trying to imagine what it would sound like with a better mastering (as I sing with my eyes closed to the specter between my carefully spaced hands -about 5" apart- the following words: Illuminate my muddled heart......Sweep the shadows from my mind........and so forth). Let's just say this is one meaty birthday (November 9th) and Thanksgiving sandwich that I'm dying to take a BIG BITE out of......dit dit doo........uhhh "badum ching" actually......
11-07-2008 18:37 Phalanges Sandwich is offline Search for Posts by Phalanges Sandwich Add Phalanges Sandwich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Maybe my MP3s from cassette sound better than the CD, then?! I recorded it through a better-quality Sony boombox that had bass boost. Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

11-07-2008 18:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

i'm sure.......once it does come out... i'd be happily surprised if it does by thanksgiving..
i was just referring to the original still being a collectors item, and nobody is going to sell it for less than what the re-issue will cost...
so buy the reissue, mountain fan! Mad Mad Mad

Tongue Pleased

maybe christian music is different, but generally once something is re-released and available the original has to be in really good shape or even unsealed to command collectors' pricing. all i need is one that will play, so i don't care about the condition all that much. if i don't like the mix, i can always remix/eq it.

edit: a lot of sellers of the original may live in a bubble, so maybe they think they can still charge $200 or whatever for it. Roll Eyes Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 11-07-2008 18:49.

11-07-2008 18:46 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 19 20 [21] 22 23 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH