Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 18 19 [20] 21 22 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is their pre-order in conjunction with, or independent from, this site?
09-10-2008 16:12 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Independent.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-10-2008 17:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Because of that, what take would the band get from orders coming from this site. I know they got priority before, but that's because it was mostly in-house. Will the band still get a decent cut through sales at this site?

My aim, though I'm sad to say it, is that while I'd love to drive up sales in the larger market scheme, well, come on. Let's get real. Who else is waiting impatiently for this other than the existing fanbase? Why hold out for bee stings on the Best Buy surplus when we could actually contribute to Terry and Co.?

While I would love to "make my vote count" in the marketplace, I'd rather help the band financially than pretend I'm whittling away Nickelback's 80th week in Billboard's Top 100.

(I know this contradicts many previous posts by me, but I'm feeling especially cynical tonight and would prefer to look out for my own, as it were.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DwDunphy: 09-10-2008 20:21.

09-10-2008 20:19 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I still think there should be a place on danielamos.com where one could donate $$ for a new release or a specific re-issue.

I'd put in a few bucks to help the band make some new music. I'm sure others would, too.

(I know, off-topic a little).

09-10-2008 20:28 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Am I missing something....when I go to Arena Rock it still says TBD?????
09-12-2008 21:39 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Try here.

09-12-2008 21:44 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Because of that, what take would the band get from orders coming from this site. I know they got priority before, but that's because it was mostly in-house. Will the band still get a decent cut through sales at this site?

My aim, though I'm sad to say it, is that while I'd love to drive up sales in the larger market scheme, well, come on. Let's get real. Who else is waiting impatiently for this other than the existing fanbase? Why hold out for bee stings on the Best Buy surplus when we could actually contribute to Terry and Co.?

Because ArenaRock has put so much money into this release (obtaining the rights from KMG, remastering, etc) - most of the initial sales will be going towards repaying the production debt. Once that is out of the way, the band will be able to start making some money on it. They won't get the same cut they would be getting if they did it entirely through Stunt - thats just the reality of working with an outside company - but, hopefully, ArenaRock will be able to do some distribution and promotion to make it worthwhile in the long run.

It should be a great reissue though.. definitely the kind of reissue that Darn Floor deserves. It'll be amazing just to have it sitting in the store finally after all of these years.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-12-2008 23:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

No, I'm in full agreement that it will be great to have DFBB back in circulation after all this time. I just wish ARRCO could have done a little more constructive advertising during the downtime (we've been hangin' on all summer long...)

To your knowledge, will they be sending promo copies to review media? If anything, they need to do that to get that CD cover circulating...
09-13-2008 08:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

I've never heard this CD. Is it any good? What other Daniel Amos album does it sound most like (I have most of their other CDs).
09-13-2008 08:28 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Well... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's in a league of its own, across the board.
Many DA fans would say it's the best recording Terry ever did.

09-13-2008 09:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

Well, I'll have to buy it when it comes out in November.

Anyone know if Kalhoun will be put back in print? I don't have that CD, either.
09-13-2008 15:13 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
No, I'm in full agreement that it will be great to have DFBB back in circulation after all this time. I just wish ARRCO could have done a little more constructive advertising during the downtime (we've been hangin' on all summer long...)

To your knowledge, will they be sending promo copies to review media? If anything, they need to do that to get that CD cover circulating...

I would imagine so.. we can see if we can get a statement from ArenaRock about what their plans are in regards to distribution, advertisement and promotion.

09-14-2008 15:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

As far as RadRockers is concerned, I'm asking the DA fans to please be patient. Support the DFBB reissue as best as you can, show that there is a market for DA's back catalogue and the reissues will happen.

Simple supply and demand. If you show there's a demand once product is available, the labels will offer a supply. They want to sell to you (versus having the product downloaded away from them) and all it takes is a show of support monetarily.
09-14-2008 19:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jsminch
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 08-12-2005

Here's me... waiting until November 25th.... .. .... ..... ...

... ..... ... ........ ....

Juuuuust waiting.

Until Noverber 25th.

Believing that DFBB will be out on the 25th of November.

Yup.

Umm.

Yeah.

Hmmm.
09-24-2008 02:29 jsminch is offline Send an Email to jsminch Search for Posts by jsminch Add jsminch to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I'll give you mine!.
(a "small" shipping and handling fee may apply )
Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-24-2008 13:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

so, DFBB release is still TBD. i'm not holding my breath for Christmas. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-15-2008 08:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

http://www.redeyeusa.com/artist/12849/albums/CD-ARE-063/
10-16-2008 04:55 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

we only got 4 of the 5 "W"s from that.......

we got the what
we got the who
we got the why
we got the where

but we didnt get the-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-16-2008 09:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

now this is crazy! i thought this was still available elsewhere?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...4175988&sr=1-12
DA Shotgun Angel 25th anniversary edition for $199?!

better move this back to the top of the reprint list. i wish i had some extras to sell at that price.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-16-2008 12:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite releases November 25.

Darn Floor Big Bite - $12.78

cduniverse

Darn Floor Big Bite - $15.99

Amazon

Buy extras and give to friends.

10-16-2008 19:32 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 18 19 [20] 21 22 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH