Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 16 17 [18] 19 20 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder if the Larry Norman anthology that ARRC released already did not do nearly as well as they thought it would and so they are skittish about releasing DFBB.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by achentodaze: 08-28-2008 12:26.

08-28-2008 12:25 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
I think they clarified as much as they meant to clarify.

So then, politicians own this label? Shocked

cats for obama.... i think that says it all............ Roll Eyes

Cool
08-28-2008 12:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
As in, how a Producer is producing an album long before its being manufactured.

Not to be too critical, but to almost every band/label/manager/music fan, what they said there means that the CD's are being actually made (booklets printed, CD glass master stamping out CD's, etc.).

At least they are doing the reissue. Maybe they just need to clarify a little better.

I would disagree. If you say a film is currently in production that means its being worked on (filmed, edited, etc.) , not that its being manufactured. I know bands, fans, labels, mangers and producers that use the term this way. It means its past the idea stage, but not yet finished and ready for sale.

08-28-2008 14:48 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
If you say a film is currently in production that means its being worked on (filmed, edited, etc.) , not that its being manufactured. I know bands, fans, labels, mangers and producers that use the term this way.

I've not seen or heard that, for the most part, as far as music goes. As a rule, in music, especially with smaller/indie labels, it implies that it's being manufactured. I'm sure that some do use it that way, but for music, it's not that common. For films, yes, all the time I see it. But unless DFBB is a feature film (which would, I'm sure, be cool!), I don't agree.

I'm not looking for a fight here, just making an observation. I don't care either way. I think most fans want more updates that labels are willing to give or have time for. Therefore, we look for info (almost rabidly) and any tidbit is of interest. It probably shouldn't be, but what are you gonna do? We loves us some DA! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 08-28-2008 15:28.

08-28-2008 15:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:

As a rule, in music, especially with smaller/indie labels, it means that it's being manufactured.

It means that, to who? The fans?

In the last 10+ years, I've always heard the word used very generally. When someone wants to say something is being manufactured, they usually say "printed," or "pressed."

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-28-2008 15:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
It means that, to who? The fans?

I've been doing music (and the related business of it) for almost 20 years in some capacity, so I think we'll just have to disagree. It doesn't really matter.

08-28-2008 15:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Administrator

No, it doesn't. Just trying to understand what you meant.

Have you been working in the Christian/Rock indie scene? Maybe there are differences depending on the genre you're working in.

Or else its just something unique to the 77s/DA/Heard/Norman/Choir camps (and, apparently, Arena Rock). Think Roe usually says "pressed." It's usually "print" on the DA side.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-28-2008 15:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i think it's two things:

one is the flow of information from a label to it's audience.

the other is the audiences expectation of what they "hope" the label means.

at least that's how i see it.

08-28-2008 15:42 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Have you been working in the Christian/Rock indie scene? Maybe there are differences depending on the genre you're working in.

Yes. Could be. From everything I read from indie labels, it means "manufactured". But, it could be different for different genres/artists/etc.

quote:

And, again, they can be a rabid lot! Big Grin

None of those here, though! Cool

08-28-2008 15:59 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i think it's two things:

I do agree with that. I know we've experienced that on my occasions. Even something as vague as "coming soon" gets translated to a week in some peoples minds.

08-28-2008 16:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
i think it's two things:

I do agree with that. I know we've experienced that on my occasions. Even something as vague as "coming soon" gets translated to a week in some peoples minds.

plus with daniel amos there's an added extra dimension, most of us are "old timers" and back in the day (before internet) we had little info about things in the works....and then one day there would be something. now there's more info and with the info is the expectation factor that gets ramped up to 11.

of course all of this is very general.....cause every situation is different, but that's my 2 cents. Pleased

08-28-2008 16:57 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
plus with daniel amos there's an added extra dimension, most of us are "old timers" and back in the day (before internet) we had little info about things in the works....and then one day there would be something. now there's more info and with the info is the expectation factor that gets ramped up to 11.

True, you would know DA had a new album when you walked into the store and found it there for sale!

08-29-2008 05:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

ach, you were lucky to have a store, laddy, I had to go into a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway!

08-29-2008 09:32 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
True, you would know DA had a new album when you walked into the store and found it there for sale!

And, you could buy four Christian cassettes and get that new DA album for free!

I always had a hard time finding four that I liked (I would take at least a year), and then I'd lost the coupons by that time. I wonder how many people actually got a free cassette?

BTW, I think this is how I ended up with an X-Sinner tape. I had three coupons, and boy, did I want that free tape. Obviously, I wasn't even thrilled about the X-Sinner tape, so I had no idea what I would be choosing for free!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 08-29-2008 10:57.

08-29-2008 10:53 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

It really doesn't matter, but for clarification purposes only;

Main Entry: Produce
Function: verb
4: to make available for public exhibition or dissemination: as a: to provide funding for <search for backers to produce the film> b: to oversee the making of <will produce their new album>
5 a: to cause to have existence or to happen : bring about b: to give being, form, or shape to : make; especially : manufacture
6: to compose, create, or bring out by intellectual or physical effort
7: to cause to accrue

Main Entry: pre-production
Function: noun
1. Movies. the steps necessary to prepare a film for production, as casting, choosing locations, and designing sets and costumes.
–adjective
2. occurring before production.

Main Entry: production
1 a: something produced : product b: a literary or artistic work: a work presented to the public (as on the stage or screen or over the air): something exaggerated out of proportion to its importance
2 a: the act or process of producing b: the creation of utility; especially : the making of goods available for use
3: total output especially of a commodity or an industry
4: often attributive : something not specially designed or customized and usually mass-produced

Mainr Entry: post-production
Date: 1953
1: the period following filming or taping in which a motion picture or television show is readied for public presentation

Main Entry: Manufacture
Function: verb
1: to make into a product suitable for use
2 a: to make from raw materials by hand or by machinery b: to produce according to an organized plan and with division of labor c: prefabricate <a manufactured home>
3: invent, fabricate <known to manufacture evidence>
4: to produce as if by manufacturing : create <writers who manufacture stories for television>
5: to engage in manufacture

I can tell you this is the way we understand it and have always heard it from anyone we work with. Which also mirrors the definition in the media about films that are usually said to be in pre-prouction (planning, writing, casting), production (Filming) or post-production (Editing). Usually the producer either pays for the production, and/or orchestrates it. The songwriting and planning could be considerd pre-production and into the recording process which would be part of the production. Post-production would basically consist of the mixing and mastering and possibly the artwork. (These things can often overlap quite a bit.) And Manufacturing or printing would be the actual creation of the CDs or film by the pressing plant. When it comes to reissues, there really isn't a pre-production, no songs to be written, and nothing to record usually, so the entire production would be the remastering and artwork design. Who ever is producing the album would be overseeing this process, and after production would be manufacturing. And lastly would be of course Distribution to the fans.

08-29-2008 15:34 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
ach, you were lucky to have a store, laddy, I had to go into a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway!

You were lucky. I shopped for records in a brown paper bag in a septic tank, and when I got to the checkout counter, the clerk would slice me in two with a bread knife.
08-29-2008 17:52 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

a bread knife? we would have died for a bread knife! we had to cut our selves in half with broken broom handles, and clean up the floor too.

and ignore the signature line, it was edited once....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 08-29-2008 20:58.

08-29-2008 20:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

If DFBB is released on Arena Rock, is the arena tour sure to follow?

I am holding my breath...

08-29-2008 23:16 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Dfbb Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Boy some people are a little touchy here. No names but people need to relax. We will get when we get it and no amount of quibbling over word ussage is going to change that. We are ALL excited to get our hands on a copy. Let's let that one die people! Frown
08-29-2008 23:25 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Reason for the bump Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I bump this one up from time to time because mentioning this more often CAN have an effect on release dates.

The squeaky wheel does get oil sometimes if the squeak gets too irritable. Kind of like Jesus' parable of the persistent woman before the judge, or the friend who keeps pounding on his friend's door until they get him that loaf of bread.

Well, how about it, friend?
Wink

08-29-2008 23:42 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 16 17 [18] 19 20 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH