Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am in the same boat as you... The only songs I have heard from the album is the title track, and Strange Animals. I am highly looking forward to this re-issue...

I'll be willing to bet that DA probably won't be touring... Though I could be (and I hope I am) wrong...

Be sure to check out the Lost Dogs on tour though. I wish I could see/be part of the US 66 tour, but living in northern Michigan makes that pretty tough.

BTW, i'm 24 and I too missed the DA boat until about 6-7 years ago. How did you find out about the band?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matt K: 07-02-2008 22:53.

07-02-2008 22:52 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

It's funny you ask Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh, about eight years ago, I wanted some Christian rock that was, well, better than what mt was in most of my collection. I stumbled upon DA's Preachers From Outer Space album in a Christian book store. The first four songs didn't impress me very much, but then track five came Hound of Heaven and track six Horrendous Disc (which I quickly recalled I'd heard on a Deliverence album), and I was hooked. I quickly purchased (over the internet) Horrendous Disc and a few weeks later Alarma. The rest, as they say, is history.
And you?

07-03-2008 12:13 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Safety Net rocks.

07-03-2008 13:19 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any chance of streaming DFBB tracks through iLike, just to get the ball rolling?
07-03-2008 13:25 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

RE: It's funny you ask Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Oh, about eight years ago, I wanted some Christian rock that was, well, better than what mt was in most of my collection. I stumbled upon DA's Preachers From Outer Space album in a Christian book store. The first four songs didn't impress me very much, but then track five came Hound of Heaven and track six Horrendous Disc (which I quickly recalled I'd heard on a Deliverence album), and I was hooked. I quickly purchased (over the internet) Horrendous Disc and a few weeks later Alarma. The rest, as they say, is history.
And you?

I have probably told this story elsewhere, but I like to tell it... I first became aware of Terry Taylor in 1997 on an old 7 ball CD sampler (Is 7 ball still in publication?) which had the song "Mr Flutter." I really liked the tune but that was about it until maybe 4 years later... My guitar teacher at the
time, who was also very well educated musically, started teaching me old Daniel Amos tunes on the guitar (Maranatha era DA) At the time I was discovering country rock acts like latter day Byrds, Flying Burrito Bros, Poco, etc so it was pretty much up my alley.

Jump ahead awhile when I ordered MBD and from there I was hooked.

Sorry for the side track....

I CANNOT WAIT FOR DARN FLOOR BIG BITE!!!!! AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
the Tuxedo Clad Megastar
Resurrection crap

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Matt K: 07-03-2008 22:10.

07-03-2008 22:09 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

My first DA experience were the tracks on "Rock Across America" and "Rock Around the World" from way way back. I've tried to keep up with them ever since.

07-16-2008 21:30 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Bump! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Status?
Release date?
Teasers?

Confused

07-22-2008 17:06 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

It has been radio silence for awhile now, hasn't it?
07-22-2008 17:57 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Listen carefully and you can hear the crickets. Where's Jiminy when you need him?! Big Grin

I'm ready for some more info, too. This is supposed to be one of the highlights of my summer. I hope I don't have to wait until the fall or--gasp!--winter. Frown

07-22-2008 18:34 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I am thinking Fall/Winter.
That's my guess.

07-23-2008 05:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

It doesn't help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It doesn't help when we hear nothing for long periods of time. I see nothing different on the Arena site than what it showed two or more months ago - release is TBD.

If Arena and everyone are hoping to maximize sales opportunities, they're going about it in a strange way. Stoke interest by providing information, teasers, and giveaways.

And for Pete's sake, set a release date, advertise it, and stick to it.

07-23-2008 06:43 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

Amen! Red Face

07-23-2008 16:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: It doesn't help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Maybe preorders are in order... Tongue
07-23-2008 19:05 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: It doesn't help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:

Tongue Tongue

07-23-2008 19:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Attention RE: It doesn't help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:

Tongue Tongue

Shocked

bobd

07-23-2008 19:35 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:

Tongue Tongue

Shocked

Shocked Shocked

07-23-2008 19:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

theres so much music out there- and (sorry) since I have it- I'm just
abiding.
So take yer time J & E.-
this year (Yike ~ it IS half over!)
next year-
a 25th anniversary even...
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 07-23-2008 21:45.

07-23-2008 21:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

I just found out about this today.

I'm stoked!

07-23-2008 23:15 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Just got back into town a couple of hours ago.. I'll See if we can get any new info on where it stands.

On the rare occasion that the fellas announce a release date these days, they always do their best to stick to it.. its usually not until the project is being manufactured so theres very little that could delay it. (Examples are things like Holy Ghost Building and Lost Cabin).

Beyond that, it will be very rare that a release date will ever be given in any other situation. Warm & Filled made the mistake several times of setting release dates before projects were even finished and it always came back to haunt us all. Hopefully, Arena Rock doesn't fall for the same mistake.. they've been around long enough that they should know better.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-26-2008 00:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

If I gripe about this incessantly is there any chance I could be mentioned on the next DA album?
07-27-2008 09:20 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH